ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 17
« First < 23456 7891016 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Trade deadline additions
O.city 09:59 AM 10-18-2021
I don't think they should or will throw any high picks out but looking around the league, who do you guys think they could add that would help?
[Reply]
oldman 08:24 AM 10-20-2021
Originally Posted by Nightfyre:
We should sign McKinney off the Giants PS and give him a look at LB.
We'd have to put him on the active roster to do that. I'd much rather promote in-house for a LB spot if needed. The DL is where our greatest need is right now.

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/...c1amafmqrx6dll

Practice squad players are eligible to sign with other NFL teams but only if they are signed to another team's 53-man roster. There are no practice squad to practice squad transactions.
[Reply]
staylor26 08:30 AM 10-20-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
This last offseason is a prime example of why you can't always just lock in on a spot. Look what they did with the OL. Great.

But they needed some defense too
:-)

This idea that they just ignored the defense is false.

Jarran Reed was one of their top FA signings, their first draft pick was used on a LB, they traded for Mike Hughes, etc.

Also, fixing the OL was absolutely priority #1 considering the SB and the injuries starting to pile up for Mahomes. In just one offseason the OL was completely rebuilt, and it’s also relatively cheap. They can now focus more on defense and WR next offseason, but it’s not like they completely ignored those needs either.
[Reply]
O.city 08:53 AM 10-20-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:

This idea that they just ignored the defense is false.

Jarran Reed was one of their top FA signings, their first draft pick was used on a LB, they traded for Mike Hughes, etc.

Also, fixing the OL was absolutely priority #1 considering the SB and the injuries starting to pile up for Mahomes. In just one offseason the OL was completely rebuilt, and it’s also relatively cheap. They can now focus more on defense and WR next offseason, but it’s not like they completely ignored those needs either.
Their big plan on defense was signing Reed and moving their best defensive player to a new position.

The issue with the defense wasn't necessarily all this past offseason, but the accumulation of the last few, be it guys getting older or banged up or just not performing.

Fixing the OL had to be done. Again, great, fine dandy. But there's an argument that the amount of resources thrown at it was excessive and could have been used in a better return by being spread across the entire squad.

I'm not sure I necessarily would take that argument myself, but it's arguable.
[Reply]
Bronco_buster2 08:58 AM 10-20-2021
Originally Posted by oldman:
We'd have to put him on the active roster to do that. I'd much rather promote in-house for a LB spot if needed. The DL is where our greatest need is right now.
Speaking of in-house, and on the LB topic. Anyone have eyes on Darius Harris or Rozeboom in camp? Harius was suppose to be a sleeper at one point if I remember correctly.
[Reply]
Bronco_buster2 09:28 AM 10-20-2021
I guess answering my own question. Harius has been on the roster active the first four games. Must not be an option if they wouldn’t use him on defense considering the injuries.

Rozeboom is interesting. We picked him up after he did t make the Rams 53. He could be a guy for the future and someone I could root for.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 09:55 AM 10-20-2021
Originally Posted by Bronco_buster2:
I guess answering my own question. Harius has been on the roster active the first four games. Must not be an option if they wouldn’t use him on defense considering the injuries.

Rozeboom is interesting. We picked him up after he did t make the Rams 53. He could be a guy for the future and someone I could root for.
The Rams fans were very upset he left them from what i remember seeing on twitter. Many thought he should have made the roster...in college he got EIGHT interceptions and was a tackling machine too..Rams articles about him suggest he's good at defending both the run and the pass. If he's already being protected then I guess he may have picked up the defense quite well so far. And at 6'2 and 230 pounds he's certainly a unit.
[Reply]
ModSocks 10:06 AM 10-20-2021
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger:
..Rams articles about him suggest he's good at defending both the run and the pass.
The Rams are carrying 10 LB's on their roster right now. So apparently he's not top 10 on their roster good.

Maybe he's the Daurice Fountain of LB's?

But hey, he's not Neiman, amirite?

/high five.
[Reply]
kgrund 10:09 AM 10-20-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
Their big plan on defense was signing Reed and moving their best defensive player to a new position.

The issue with the defense wasn't necessarily all this past offseason, but the accumulation of the last few, be it guys getting older or banged up or just not performing.

Fixing the OL had to be done. Again, great, fine dandy. But there's an argument that the amount of resources thrown at it was excessive and could have been used in a better return by being spread across the entire squad.

I'm not sure I necessarily would take that argument myself, but it's arguable.
I disagree that this was their big plan. I think it became their fall back plan. I think they snatched up Reed primarily because he was to good of a value to pass on at the time. The fact they had Ingram in tells me they thought they need more there, but must not have been willing to pay his price at the time. Once they whiffed on DEs in FA and the draft I think the CJ switch became their fall back plan.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 10:10 AM 10-20-2021
Originally Posted by :
The Rams are carrying 10 LB's on their roster right now. So apparently he's not top 10 on their roster good.

Maybe he's the Daurice Fountain of LB's?

But hey, he's not Neiman, amirite?

/high five.

[Reply]
ModSocks 10:13 AM 10-20-2021

All you can do is emote now over and over again. After years of disparaging other posters, talking shit, running your mouth and acting like a fucking hemorrhoid on the anus of Chiefsplanet you've seemed to run out of things to say.

Maybe you're learning how to stay in line now...as i said you would.
[Reply]
jettio 10:14 AM 10-20-2021
:-)Chiefs need to coach up the players they have and Chiefs fans need to be coached up on hanging in there and backing their team.:-)

Yours Truly,
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 10:17 AM 10-20-2021
Originally Posted by :
All you can do is emote now over and over again. After years of disparaging other posters, talking shit, running your mouth and acting like a ****ing hemorrhoid on the anus of Chiefsplanet you've seemed to run out of things to say.

Maybe you're learning how to stay in line now...as i said you would.

[Reply]
ModSocks 10:21 AM 10-20-2021

Who woulda thought, UChieffyfagboi would become a man with so little words....

Loves to dish bullshit to everyone on the forum, can't take someone pushing back though.

Stay down, bitch.
[Reply]
Mulliganman 10:21 AM 10-20-2021
Originally Posted by BossChief:
Keep in mind that we only have roughly 2.5m in cap space this year.

That’s really only enough to add a marginal veteran.
Wouldn’t we get some relief if LDT were traded?
[Reply]
ModSocks 10:25 AM 10-20-2021

Originally Posted by Detoxing:

And because you're so desperate for approval around here you'll stop. You'll start speaking to other posters with respect because you'll need a friend, and to prove you're not exactly what i say you are. You'll try to ignore my posts and you'll start behaving like a good little chiefs fan. All of a sudden, you'll want to get along because you'll grow tired of being triggered.

And then i'll leave you alone. At least until i decide to trigger you again.

That's the way it is. That's the way it's always been. You're just another bitch in the cycle.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 17
« First < 23456 7891016 > Last »
Up