ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 10 of 17
« First < 678910 11121314 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Trade deadline additions
O.city 09:59 AM 10-18-2021
I don't think they should or will throw any high picks out but looking around the league, who do you guys think they could add that would help?
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 04:45 PM 10-24-2021
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
dude, there's no one guy you could pick up to fix this mess.

Your LT is a disaster. your entire DL that you're paying 25% of your cap to is useless. We can't hang on to the ball, we're totally undisciplined, Josh Gordon can't get on the field, nobody else can get open...we can't tackle, cover, or take away the ball.

This defense needs gutted and new coaching blood along with new players and a new scheme.

We are going to need a new LT. Brown is not an NFL LT.

We are probably going to need a WR or 2, and a RB (happy now, mother****er?!)

This isn't trade deadline stuff, and you're not going to find it on practice squads or the waiver wire.

This just isn't the year. Next year maybe.
1. Brown was bad today obviously..but he wasn't abused against good D-lines like Washington and Philly was he? Imo the line needs to get back to the one we've had most of the year which includes Niang, and just let them move guys and run the ball a little more...Remmers is a disaster.

2. The D-line has barely played together. Clark was hurt, then Jones is hurt etc. It's a fecking mess. Put Jones back to DT and get someone opposite Clark and hopefully that improves things.

3. Getting a vet CB or LB could also help this defense if someone is going cheap out there.

4. Todd Gurley and Derrius Guice are on the street right now and are better than anything in our RB room imo..both would be easy vet min deals at this point.

So there are little things we could do to spark this team without giving away high draft picks or anything.
[Reply]
Mulliganman 04:48 PM 10-24-2021
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger:
1. Brown was bad today obviously..but he wasn't abused against good D-lines like Washington and Philly was he? Imo the line needs to get back to the one we've had most of the year which includes Niang, and just let them move guys and run the ball a little more...Remmers is a disaster.

2. The D-line has barely played together. Clark was hurt, then Jones is hurt etc. It's a fecking mess. Put Jones back to DT and get someone opposite Clark and hopefully that improves things.

3. Getting a vet CB or LB could also help this defense if someone is going cheap out there.

4. Todd Gurley and Derrius Guice are on the street rigjt now and are better than anything in our RB room..both would be easy vet min deals at this point.

So there are little things we could do to spark this team without giving away high draft picks or anything.
Anything not giving up picks is a heck of a lot better idea but where are u gonna get money for a CB or LB and a RB with somewhere around $2 million in cap space.

But I’ll go a step further here, are we sure they’re going to see the field? We still have barely seen Josh Gordon
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 05:11 PM 10-25-2021
Demone Harris just got cut from the practice squad...a guy they have elevated to the active roster these last few weeks...surely something is brewing? Kaindoh is on IR and Harris is gone so depth is further depleted.
[Reply]
Mulliganman 05:16 PM 10-25-2021
Demone Harris just got cut from the practice squad...a guy they have elevated to the active roster these last few weeks...surely something is brewing? Kaindoh is on IR and Harris is gone so depth is further depleted.
If it is let’s hope to God Veach doesnt piss away another high draft pick
[Reply]
Chris Meck 05:31 PM 10-25-2021

4. Todd Gurley and Derrius Guice are on the street right now and are better than anything in our RB room imo..both would be easy vet min deals at this point.

1. Brown is lousy. I've seen enough. I agree completely with everything else on this point.

2. The Titans were playing their 3rd string LT; Clark and Jones neither one could beat him. They flip flopped Jones and Clark some; but that's cool because they also couldn't beat the 2nd string RT at all, all day. Like...not once. They're shitty. Both of them. It's not just Clark; Jones is mailing it in.

3. There are no FA CB's worth having out there. There are no FA LB'ers that would be an upgrade or know the defense well enough to play anyway. It's not Madden.

4. There's not a broke-dick has been RB you're not in love with. Neither of those guys is any more of a threat at this point in their careers than Darrel Williams is, and likely worse. Your best chance here would be to bump Gore up to the roster and see what he's got. I'm not opposed to that.
[Reply]
Easy 6 05:36 PM 10-25-2021
ZAP
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 06:09 PM 10-25-2021
1. Brown is lousy. I've seen enough. I agree completely with everything else on this point.

2. The Titans were playing their 3rd string LT; Clark and Jones neither one could beat him. They flip flopped Jones and Clark some; but that's cool because they also couldn't beat the 2nd string RT at all, all day. Like...not once. They're shitty. Both of them. It's not just Clark; Jones is mailing it in.

3. There are no FA CB's worth having out there. There are no FA LB'ers that would be an upgrade or know the defense well enough to play anyway. It's not Madden.

4. There's not a broke-dick has been RB you're not in love with. Neither of those guys is any more of a threat at this point in their careers than Darrel Williams is, and likely worse. Your best chance here would be to bump Gore up to the roster and see what he's got. I'm not opposed to that.
1. With Brown being in a new scheme and Pat's habit of dropping deep I'm prepared to give him a full season before writing him off. Because he's not beem bad the whole season..just a few games imo.

2. Both Clark and Jones have only played three games each..Clark never had any preseason games to get into gear and Jones has been limited in practice most of the time since his wrist injury..i think we need to give these guys some full weeks of day to day full practices before completely losing faith in them imo. They clearly aren't in their best shape right now.

3. Desmond Trufant? Trade for one?

4.Lol you've NEVER liked RB's so your opinion is obviously no surprise :-)
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 06:13 PM 10-25-2021
Watch them trade for Allen Robinson.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 06:18 PM 10-25-2021
1. With Brown being in a new scheme and Pat's habit of dropping deep I'm prepared to give him a full season before writing him off. Because he's not beem bad the whole season..just a few games imo.

2. Both Clark and Jones have only played three games each..Clark never had any preseason games to get into gear and Jones has been limited in practice most of the time since his wrist injury..i think we need to give these guys some full weeks of day to day full practices before completely losing faith in them imo. They clearly aren't in their best shape right now.

3. Desmond Trufant? Trade for one?

4.Lol you've NEVER liked RB's so your opinion is obviously no surprise :-)
1. Brown's a lousy fit for this offense, as I originally said. I talked myself into the move after the fact, but you know what? I was right the first time. He's shitty.

2. Clark and Jones are VETERANS. These aren't rookies, these are our most expensive players. They're shitty. There's no excuse. They're playing like they're cashing a paycheck stocking shelves at Wal-Mart. They can't beat 3rd stringers one on one. In-fucking-excusable.

3. Desmond fucking Trufant? What? nah, man. Nah.

4. I like RB's just fine. I just don't think they're worth 1) #1 picks or 2) big money FA contracts. Lots of good RB's are found in the mid to late rounds, and they don't last long, so paying big money to one is dumb. I certainly don't want ones like Gurley, who has no cartilage at all in his knees and probably runs the 40 in about 8 flat right now, with all of the lateral movement of a 15 passenger van. That's your plan? It's a bad plan.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 06:56 PM 10-25-2021
1. Brown's a lousy fit for this offense, as I originally said. I talked myself into the move after the fact, but you know what? I was right the first time. He's shitty.

2. Clark and Jones are VETERANS. These aren't rookies, these are our most expensive players. They're shitty. There's no excuse. They're playing like they're cashing a paycheck stocking shelves at Wal-Mart. They can't beat 3rd stringers one on one. In-****ing-excusable.

3. Desmond ****ing Trufant? What? nah, man. Nah.

4. I like RB's just fine. I just don't think they're worth 1) #1 picks or 2) big money FA contracts. Lots of good RB's are found in the mid to late rounds, and they don't last long, so paying big money to one is dumb. I certainly don't want ones like Gurley, who has no cartilage at all in his knees and probably runs the 40 in about 8 flat right now, with all of the lateral movement of a 15 passenger van. That's your plan? It's a bad plan.
1. Everyone is going ham over one game that he got beat..but tackles are gonna have those games. Fisher was torn to shreds in the superbowl wasn't he? No-one was talking about Brown after Washington, Ravens, Browns or Philly. I expect him to bounce back strong nect monday but if this continues then obviously he won't be in KC for long.

2. My point is you can't expect even veterans to miss several games, not practice fully through the week and then suddenly play like all-pros..it doesn't work like that. Jones is also a victim of his position change which has made things even worse as he's trying to learn the position wholst noy being in game shape.

3. Like I said..they can trade for someone too. Reid from the Texans is a safety i'd look at too for a late pick..anything to keep Dan off the field.

4. Marlon Mack for a 6th? Philip Lindsey for a 7th? And Guice is only 24 so should have plenty of juice left. The bottom line is we need a back with some breakaway speed because we simply don't have it right now and it hurts our run game imo.
[Reply]
suzzer99 06:57 PM 10-25-2021
What do you think we could get for Chris Jones? A first?
[Reply]
Chris Meck 07:06 PM 10-25-2021
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
What do you think we could get for Chris Jones? A first?
not with that contract.
[Reply]
Marcellus 07:18 PM 10-25-2021
This team is not going to be sellers and nor should they be. They dug a decent sized hole but you dont go that route and let then team think you have given up with 10 freaking games to go.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 07:18 PM 10-25-2021
1. Everyone is going ham over one game that he got beat..but tackles are gonna have those games. Fisher was torn to shreds in the superbowl wasn't he? No-one was talking about Brown after Washington, Ravens, Browns or Philly. I expect him to bounce back strong nect monday but if this continues then obviously he won't be in KC for long.

2. My point is you can't expect even veterans to miss several games, not practice fully through the week and then suddenly play like all-pros..it doesn't work like that. Jones is also a victim of his position change which has made things even worse as he's trying to learn the position wholst noy being in game shape.

3. Like I said..they can trade for someone too. Reid from the Texans is a safety i'd look at too for a late pick..anything to keep Dan off the field.

4. Marlon Mack for a 6th? Philip Lindsey for a 7th? And Guice is only 24 so should have plenty of juice left. The bottom line is we need a back with some breakaway speed because we simply don't have it right now and it hurts our run game imo.
1. It's not the one game, it was just the WORST game.

2. I can absolutely expect some level of production against 2nd and 3rd string OT's, yes I absolutely can. Look at the tape, man. Look at the complete lack of effort! It's bullshit, they're cashing checks and they've checked out on Spagnuolo. THIRD FUCKING STRING DUDE. THIRD. FUCKING. STRING.

3. Reid is probably an upgrade over Sorensen EXCEPT he rarely plays because he's always hurt, and as a 3rd round pick is probably not something the Texans would trade for a late round pick. Dude's 24. That's not a piece you move if they have any value as a player, and he's no good to us if he's always hurt anyway.

4. Marlon Mack is a career 4 ypc guy. That's not explosive. That's not a needle mover. Phillip Lindsay can't even get on the field in Houston. That's not very encouraging. And it'd take several weeks before they were trusted with knowing this offense anyway, and by that time, the season is essentially over because this is not a play-off team at the moment. It's just not.

Unless Clark, Jones, and Reed decide they've fucked around long enough and that they really maybe ought to like...you know...earn their fucking money this is going to be a very long (and very short) season.

It's just not going to happen this year. We've had a good 3 year run. Time to play the young'uns the rest of the way, cut the dead (and bloatedly expensive) dead weight in the off-season and rebuild the defense while adding a couple of pieces to the offense. With a little better luck (or better scouting) we'll be back in the serious contender business next year.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 07:20 PM 10-25-2021
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
This team is not going to be sellers and nor should they be. They dug a decent sized hole but you dont go that route and let then team think you have given up with 10 freaking games to go.
No, you're right. It's a terrible message.
[Reply]
Page 10 of 17
« First < 678910 11121314 > Last »
Up