ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 25
< 1234 567814 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Melvin Ingram visiting Chiefs
The Franchise 08:45 AM 03-20-2021

Former #Chargers veteran pass-rusher Melvin Ingram is set to visit the #Chiefs this coming week, source said, the first visit for the veteran. After seeing him twice a season, KC could bring in Ingram to face his old team.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) March 20, 2021

[Reply]
In58men 09:48 AM 03-20-2021
Updating: I’m told Melvin Ingram’s visit with the #Chiefs is currently scheduled for Tuesday, per source.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 09:48 AM 03-20-2021
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
You're making my point for me.
No I'm not..he's proven he can play all three downs..YOU are speculating about him only being "rotational" because he "MIGHT" wear down..so it's a futile point rooted in nothing factual tbh.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 09:58 AM 03-20-2021
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger:
No I'm not..he's proven he can play all three downs..YOU are speculating about him only being "rotational" because he "MIGHT" wear down..so it's a futile point rooted in nothing factual tbh.
He's had injury problems and declining production, and he's over 30. There's nothing speculative about that.

He's 247 lbs, which is very small for a 3 down DE in Spags system. Find me another guy who started and played all the snaps for Spags at that weight. I'm not talking about situational/rotational guys.

Ingram is more of a 3-4 OLB type physically. His best usage would not be on first down, and playing 50 snaps a game. He's not at that stage in his career.

You're confusing what you WANT to be true and what all of the evidence says IS true.

Still a good player, and would be a good signing, and can be a difference maker, but I think you rotate him out on early downs, short yardage, and early in games and use him on passing downs and especially late in games where he will be really effective.
[Reply]
nychief 09:58 AM 03-20-2021
definition of brokedick.... but any rush is worth a shot.
[Reply]
gblowfish 09:59 AM 03-20-2021
This guy has been a total pain in our ass for years. If he's healthy, pay him and plug him in. He can cover and rush the passer. Good player.
[Reply]
MTG#10 10:04 AM 03-20-2021
Can he play tackle?
[Reply]
Lilmrp117 10:07 AM 03-20-2021
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger:
He's proven he can play 3 downs in a different scheme with a different team. He hasn't proven he can play de in a 4-3. Do you not see the difference?

Maybe we can fit him in more than just situationally since we play nickel a lot, but that remains to be seen. What you are saying is proven is not proven.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 10:13 AM 03-20-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
:-) Holy shit.
Twice in his career, he has had 10 sacks. Justin Houston is much better.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 10:14 AM 03-20-2021
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
I recall Schwartz once speaking of him as one of the best players he faced through these recent years in Kansas City.
When healthy Bosa is better.
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:15 AM 03-20-2021
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
When healthy Bosa is better.
No one has said he’s better than Bosa.
[Reply]
louie aguiar 10:16 AM 03-20-2021
Originally Posted by gblowfish:
This guy has been a total pain in our ass for years. If he's healthy, pay him and plug him in. He can cover and rush the passer. Good player.
Agreed. He always seems to make plays against us. This would be a double win since you add him to the chiefs and take him away from the chargers.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 10:17 AM 03-20-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
No one has said he’s better than Bosa.
I didn't say anyone had. I was responding to someone else's post.
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 10:28 AM 03-20-2021
Pass.
[Reply]
Chief Northman 10:31 AM 03-20-2021
Can’t hurt.

KPass, Okafor and D. Wilson all need replacing. Getting Taco back and an experienced vet like Ingram are great for depth. I fully expect an Edge player to be selected early by KC in the draft.
[Reply]
Easy 6 10:35 AM 03-20-2021
Originally Posted by Chief Northman:
Can’t hurt.

KPass, Okafor and D. Wilson all need replacing. Getting Taco back and an experienced vet like Ingram are great for depth. I fully expect an Edge player to be selected early by KC in the draft.
Theres just no way around it, we need pass rush help

When Clark and Jones get doubled up, we don't have anyone who can consistently take advantage of that... no one you mention has proven capable of it, nor has Danna
[Reply]
Page 4 of 25
< 1234 567814 > Last »
Up