ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 25
< 12 345612 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Melvin Ingram visiting Chiefs
The Franchise 08:45 AM 03-20-2021

Former #Chargers veteran pass-rusher Melvin Ingram is set to visit the #Chiefs this coming week, source said, the first visit for the veteran. After seeing him twice a season, KC could bring in Ingram to face his old team.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) March 20, 2021

[Reply]
The Franchise 09:05 AM 03-20-2021
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
Damn. I didn’t think they’d take on his size in this defense but if they think it can work, let’s go.
Wonder if he could play the SAM in our base defense on a couple of snaps.
[Reply]
Chargem 09:06 AM 03-20-2021
Would be a fine pick up I think
[Reply]
wazu 09:08 AM 03-20-2021
My guess is visit = if physical goes well, he signs.

And you know this guy is ready to win some real games and stick it to the Chargers who didn’t extend him last year when he wanted it.
Was the zero-sack season his way of getting revenge?
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 09:08 AM 03-20-2021
He’s basically Justin Houston without the possible hard feelings there between Houston and the team.
[Reply]
RunKC 09:08 AM 03-20-2021
Damn. I didn’t think they’d take on his size in this defense but if they think it can work, let’s go.
I don’t get this line of thinking. The guy was 6’2” 264 lbs at the combine
[Reply]
Archie Bunker 09:08 AM 03-20-2021
He’s about Danna’s size, I don’t see a problem there.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 09:09 AM 03-20-2021
He’s basically Justin Houston without the possible hard feelings there between Houston and the team.
with more consistent effort.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 09:10 AM 03-20-2021
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
I mean that he's a little small to be a 3 down, play every snap LDE going up against the typically bigger power guys at RT. He's a more natural fit as an OLB in a 3-4. Of course, we're in nickel 70% of the time, so it's not a big deal. He's also getting a little long in the tooth, and has had some injury issues. He'd be better served keeping him somewhat fresh and rotating him with someone like Danna, who is kind of his mirror opposite. Keep a guy like that somewhat fresh and he'll feast late in games.

He's a good player that's past his prime, which is totally okay; that's exactly the type of guy The Patriots used to win most of their Super Bowls.
I understand but with him being decent against the run too we've got to keep those kind of guys on the field as long as possible because that's an area we have to improve aswell as the pass-rush. Right now Clowney, Dunlap and Ingram are available and Veach has to get it right.
[Reply]
Chargem 09:11 AM 03-20-2021
Originally Posted by RunKC:
At the combine 9 years ago?
[Reply]
Chris Meck 09:11 AM 03-20-2021
Originally Posted by RunKC:
He's listed at 247 right now. That's pretty light for a LDE in a 4-3, at least as a 3 down player.

He's not a prototypical LDE, but he is a talented player, and I'm sure Spags would be happy to have him.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 09:14 AM 03-20-2021
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger:
I understand but with him being decent against the run too we've got to keep those kind of guys on the field as long as possible because that's an area we have to improve aswell as the pass-rush. Right now Clowney, Dunlap and Ingram are available and Veach has to get it right.
Well, I'd argue that part of the pass rush problem is guys wearing down and getting tired. I would argue that rotating guys in and out and keeping fresh horses is important late in games and late in the season.

I'm not saying you need to hide him or anything, but why use up all his energy on first down running plays when his true talent is in rushing the passer? Let Danna chase RB's. Use Ingram to rush the passer. That's all I'm saying.

And he'll still have some burst in the 4th quarter, when he can tee off.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 09:16 AM 03-20-2021
Ingram thrived with just Bosa alongside him so having Frank and Chris could be huge for him. No other team in the league would have a better trio imo. I also think Ingram's attitude could breath new life into the DL room.
[Reply]
Easy 6 09:18 AM 03-20-2021
I'm down, he was a huge part of a D line that always made life hard on us

If he gives us what Ogbah did, thats enough to justify it
[Reply]
Marco Polo 09:20 AM 03-20-2021
I approve
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 09:21 AM 03-20-2021
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Well, I'd argue that part of the pass rush problem is guys wearing down and getting tired. I would argue that rotating guys in and out and keeping fresh horses is important late in games and late in the season.

I'm not saying you need to hide him or anything, but why use up all his energy on first down running plays when his true talent is in rushing the passer? Let Danna chase RB's. Use Ingram to rush the passer. That's all I'm saying.

And he'll still have some burst in the 4th quarter, when he can tee off.
We've had a problem against the run for years...it would be utterly naive to leave a good run stopper out on downs just to "rest" him. Either he can handle the job at hand or don't bother signing him and go get Clowney...that's my opinion. Can't keep turning a blind eye to the run D.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 25
< 12 345612 > Last »
Up