ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 114 of 1375
« First < 1464104110111112113114 1151161171181241642146141114 > Last »
Patteeu Memorial Political Forum>Are you going to take the vaccine?
GloryDayz 08:48 AM 12-01-2020
I know I'm going to try to be first in line, but what about the rest of you? I'm not sure if the death count is where the science community wants it to be, plus Birdbrain hasn't been sworn in, so I expect there will be delays, but that's beside the point.

You can be honest.
[Reply]
F150 10:51 AM 04-03-2021
Originally Posted by Monticore:
But just like some people can get infected after getting the vaccine some people will get re-infected at some point with reduced symptoms , not every ones immune systems reacts to same to either natural/vaccine , the problem right now if there are still a lot of people who haven't had either and these new variants are concerning.

They need to get vaccinated.
[Reply]
banyon 10:55 AM 04-03-2021
Originally Posted by F150:
Fauci as a source had some merit before he became a source and showed how rapidly he changes his positions As far as that goes, the CDC/NIH have all lost the trust of many people as a result of the management of Covid and the mandates that have been imposed.

One very critical fallout from Covid will be the public's trust in public health policy has been shattered. heads need to roll and plans put in place to restore faith.
I would imagine the loss in faith in Fauci is highly correlated to political preference, right?

In any event, I cited it to show that it wasn’t my guess solely.

Further his point that it’s more likely to have the immunity experience of other related coronavirus, as opposed to the less related influenza type viruses seems relevant to this discussion.
[Reply]
banyon 11:00 AM 04-03-2021
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
I don't take anything Fauci says seriously at this point.
Why? Because of the overhyping of the March 2020 mask comments?
[Reply]
F150 11:02 AM 04-03-2021
Originally Posted by banyon:
I would imagine the loss in faith in Fauci is highly correlated to political preference, right?

In any event, I cited it to show that it wasn’t my guess solely.

Further his point that it’s more likely to have the immunity experience of other related coronavirus, as opposed to the less related influenza type viruses seems relevant to this discussion.
Fauci has not shown any uptick in positive performance under Biden so no I would say that political preference is not a driver. People on both sides are equally able to see his lack of consistency and his predilection to promote harsh and probably unnecessary actions

The greater issue is the lack of trust in the NIH/CDC and how will that be repaired without a major overhaul at the top
[Reply]
banyon 11:19 AM 04-03-2021
Fauci has not shown any uptick in positive performance under Biden so no I would say that political preference is not a driver. People on both sides are equally able to see his lack of consistency and his predilection to promote harsh and probably unnecessary actions

The greater issue is the lack of trust in the NIH/CDC and how will that be repaired without a major overhaul at the top
I’m not sure what you mean by “uptick in performance”? He’s not an OF trying to hit over .300 for the month. I’m not aware of inconsistencies other than the furor from the March 2020 mask comments.

Look at these two polls, taken a few months apart. What changed? The leader of one party started to politicize his office. He upped the ante on that just last week. You think that doesn’t result in a partisan slant?
Attached: B863746A-BCA9-4C06-9570-DBCB612B3944.jpg (53.3 KB) 84290C85-F738-4FD1-B893-ADDF5D307F1C.png (29.1 KB) 
[Reply]
jdubya 11:27 AM 04-03-2021
Watching Fraudci over the months it was apparent he fell in love with the talk show circuit. He loves himself some airtime but that also was his demise because he couldn't stick with a consistent message and exposed himself.
[Reply]
cosmo20002 11:34 AM 04-03-2021
Originally Posted by seamonster:
I consider something that hasn't been approved by the FDA and isn't out of it's IV trial to be experimental. It also wasn't tested on animals. They went straight to people. And it's the first of it's kind to be mass produced. It's a 0.0.1 version.
Where do these morons get this nonsense?
[Reply]
banyon 11:35 AM 04-03-2021
Originally Posted by jdubya:
Watching Fraudci over the months it was apparent he fell in love with the talk show circuit. He loves himself some airtime but that also was his demise because he couldn't stick with a consistent message and exposed himself.
I think the quest for inconsistency is trying to apply a political framework to a scientific issue. It really doesn’t work that way. When scientist get data that doesn’t fit with their earlier hypothesis, they adjust that hypothesis. Hence the mask change. Early in our experience, it was thought that COVID was more droplet-borne than airborne. Masks weren’t seen as a priority. We later learned that it was at least partially airborne, making the masks a relevant weapon to use. Fauci adjusted. He’s not George HW Bush up there running for office and saying “read my lips no new taxes” and then taking political actions contrary to what he promised.
[Reply]
F150 11:38 AM 04-03-2021
I’m not sure what you mean by “uptick in performance”? He’s not an OF trying to hit over .300 for the month. I’m not aware of inconsistencies other than the furor from the March 2020 mask comments.

Look at these two polls, taken a few months apart. What changed? The leader of one party started to politicize his office. He upped the ante on that just last week. You think that doesn’t result in a partisan slant?

https://www.medpagetoday.com/infecti.../covid19/91524

https://www.pewtrusts.org/en/researc...-lost-its-soul

https://www.npr.org/2020/09/25/91701...da-is-at-a-low

Best to look at the publics perceptions not in the light of your fav president or most hated president since that is not the issue. The issue is public trust in governmental agencies is not a given. And in this case it's quite troubling. It's not like the normal IRS hate or the Drivers License bureau.

The lingering impact if not addressed will be substantial.

If you don't feel the lack of simple respect given Fauci then no need to discuss it. The proclamations made by him regarding opening back up and how little heed is paid to anything he says at this point is obvious to anyone who isn't a Fauci fan.
[Reply]
banyon 11:53 AM 04-03-2021
https://www.medpagetoday.com/infecti.../covid19/91524

https://www.pewtrusts.org/en/researc...-lost-its-soul

https://www.npr.org/2020/09/25/91701...da-is-at-a-low

Best to look at the publics perceptions not in the light of your fav president or most hated president since that is not the issue. The issue is public trust in governmental agencies is not a given. And in this case it's quite troubling. It's not like the normal IRS hate or the Drivers License bureau.

The lingering impact if not addressed will be substantial.

If you don't feel the lack of simple respect given Fauci then no need to discuss it. The proclamations made by him regarding opening back up and how little heed is paid to anything he says at this point is obvious to anyone who isn't a Fauci fan.
I looked at your links and they aren’t broken down by party, so I’m not sure they are a counter to my point. :-)

I didn’t come in here wanting to debate Fauci. People said I was making up an opinion about immunity lasting only a few to several months by myself as a “hunch”. I cited him to show where I heard it. He isn’t the only one saying that. But because I mentioned his name, and this forum being what it is politically, everyone wanted to attack him.
[Reply]
El Lobo Gordo 11:57 AM 04-03-2021
I think the quest for inconsistency is trying to apply a political framework to a scientific issue. It really doesn’t work that way. When scientist get data that doesn’t fit with their earlier hypothesis, they adjust that hypothesis. Hence the mask change. Early in our experience, it was thought that COVID was more droplet-borne than airborne. Masks weren’t seen as a priority. We later learned that it was at least partially airborne, making the masks a relevant weapon to use. Fauci adjusted. He’s not George HW Bush up there running for office and saying “read my lips no new taxes” and then taking political actions contrary to what he promised.
What I remember was we were deliberately lied too in order to try to stop people from buying up the limited quantity of masks thus saving them for the health care workers.
[Reply]
F150 12:06 PM 04-03-2021
I looked at your links and they aren’t broken down by party, so I’m not sure they are a counter to my point. :-)

I didn’t come in here wanting to debate Fauci. People said I was making up an opinion about immunity lasting only a few to several months by myself as a “hunch”. I cited him to show where I heard it. He isn’t the only one saying that. But because I mentioned his name, and this forum being what it is politically, everyone wanted to attack him.

They are not. That's the point. I am advancing the broader issue of public trust in the agencies and Fauci.

I dont care what the party affiliation is its irrelevant.

D's didnt like Trump. So maybe move on and deal with today and the future.
[Reply]
banyon 12:08 PM 04-03-2021
Originally Posted by El Lobo Gordo:
What I remember was we were deliberately lied too in order to try to stop people from buying up the limited quantity of masks thus saving them for the health care workers.
That was part of the reasoning for not announcing mask usage too. I don’t think it was “let’s lie to the public because that’s how we get our jollies”. I think it was more “in case we do need masks in the future (I.e., for healthcare workers because we later learn it is airborne) it might be smart not to announce that everyone needs to go out and buy them all up.”
[Reply]
banyon 12:11 PM 04-03-2021
They are not. That's the point. I am advancing the broader issue of public trust in the agencies and Fauci.

I dont care what the party affiliation is its irrelevant.

D's didnt like Trump. So maybe move on and deal with today and the future.
Would be easier to do if Trump wasn’t putting out memos to his followers as late as last week telling people that we shouldn’t trust Fauci. Whether I like him or not, he’s got a huge following who will do what he tells them to. That will impact overall herd immunity. Shouldn’t he move on?
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 12:31 PM 04-03-2021
Why? Because of the overhyping of the March 2020 mask comments?
No, because he appears to have an agenda that is divorced from reality.

He constantly makes dumb statements like "New York did it right" and he's constantly fear-mongering. If these NPIs work at all they are extremely weak. Yet he pretends human behavior drives everything.

I am sure he knows a lot but I don't trust him at all.
[Reply]
Page 114 of 1375
« First < 1464104110111112113114 1151161171181241642146141114 > Last »
Up