ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 113 of 1375
« First < 1363103109110111112113 1141151161171231632136131113 > Last »
Patteeu Memorial Political Forum>Are you going to take the vaccine?
GloryDayz 08:48 AM 12-01-2020
I know I'm going to try to be first in line, but what about the rest of you? I'm not sure if the death count is where the science community wants it to be, plus Birdbrain hasn't been sworn in, so I expect there will be delays, but that's beside the point.

You can be honest.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 10:12 AM 04-03-2021
Anyone that is saying immunity to Covid disappears after 4 months is just making crap up at this point.

How long will immunity from COVID-19 vaccine last? Let's remember from papers tweeted before, immunity from natural infection & vaccinations across viruses lasts long. Remember: survivors of 1918 flu: memory B cells can stimulate Abs to fight same strainhttps://t.co/mjx17VdyWS

— Monica Gandhi MD, MPH (@MonicaGandhi9) March 7, 2021

[Reply]
banyon 10:13 AM 04-03-2021
Originally Posted by seamonster:
I consider something that hasn't been approved by the FDA and isn't out of it's IV trial to be experimental. It also wasn't tested on animals. They went straight to people. And it's the first of it's kind to be mass produced. It's a 0.0.1 version.
The animal claim is wrong:

https://apnews.com/article/fact-chec...ent:9792931264

Phase IV is not a required phase for the vaccine to be distributed:

“The FDA also monitors adverse events that may occur related to receiving the vaccine, including through its Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System and Phase 4 clinical trials—optional studies pharmaceutical companies may be required to perform after a vaccine is licensed to continue to monitor safety and effectiveness.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.jnj...ks%3f_amp=true

In any event, at this point tens of millions have taken it, with few adverse events, so even if they skipped every phase, it would no longer be “experimental”.
[Reply]
Monticore 10:14 AM 04-03-2021
Bullshit. Where's the millions of re-infected people?
because T-CELL immunity looks like it has long term protection, but antibodies wane, it is like you can't read.
[Reply]
banyon 10:16 AM 04-03-2021
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
Anyone that is saying immunity to Covid disappears after 4 months is just making crap up at this point.

Why are people assuming it works the same as 1918 Spanish flu immmnity. There are plenty of diseases that don’t work that way.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 10:18 AM 04-03-2021
Originally Posted by banyon:
Why are people assuming it works the same as 1918 Spanish flu immmnity. There are plenty of diseases that don’t work that way.
That's not the thread. Read it.
[Reply]
Monticore 10:19 AM 04-03-2021
I consider something that hasn't been approved by the FDA and isn't out of it's IV trial to be experimental. It also wasn't tested on animals. They went straight to people. And it's the first of it's kind to be mass produced. It's a 0.0.1 version.
So why don't they go into production of drugs designed for humans based only on animals testing , animal trial data doesn't always translate to human trials and why skipping human trials would be stupid, so no matter what at some point it has to be tested on humans.

Known tech with known ingredients they were probably more worried about efficacy than safety once they started injecting people.

You probably have smoked/vaped/chewed tobacco no questions asked but something designed to help people , that you question
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 10:20 AM 04-03-2021
Antibodies against spike protein and RBD also durable x 8 months, with modest declines over time. Conclusion: This longitudinal & comprehensive analysis of memory T and B cell responses to COVID-19 after infection was heartening in term of the likely durability of immune memory..
after either natural infection or vaccination for COVID. If we can believe the B cell & T cell half-life data (and why wouldn't we? This group has been doing careful work since beginning), vaccine-induced immunity may last a lifetime or at least (initial SARS-CoV data)>10 years

https://science.sciencemag.org/conte.../6529/eabf4063

Monica Gandhi MD, MPH
[Reply]
banyon 10:25 AM 04-03-2021
That's not the thread. Read it.
She’s saying it could work like that. Not that she knows it works like that.

Hopefully she’s right. But it would be pretty damn risky to just assume she’s right and throw caution to the wind.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 10:28 AM 04-03-2021
She’s saying it could work like that. Not that she knows it works like that.
She is a Professor of Medicine openly showing her thought process on expected time of immunity from vaccines and natural infection.

She uses data from prior vaccines, related coronaviruses, and current studies on tcells and B cells 8 months later to work this out.

She thinks 10+ years but even if you think she's wrong I think she's closer than some guy on a message board "maybe 4 months" based on hunches.
[Reply]
Monticore 10:34 AM 04-03-2021
She is a Professor of Medicine openly showing her thought process on expected time of immunity from vaccines and natural infection.

She uses data from prior vaccines, related coronaviruses, and current studies on tcells and B cells 8 months later to work this out.

She thinks 10+ years but even if you think she's wrong I think she's closer than some guy on a message board "maybe 4 months" based on hunches.
I think the antibody/t-cell thing is a bit confusing , I think we are going to have longer lasting immunity to this than influenza as long as it doesn't mutate too much, testing for antibodies might be pointless(false positives/waning) to check for immunity though, I am not sure if they can test for t-cell immunity.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 10:43 AM 04-03-2021
Originally Posted by Monticore:
I think the antibody/t-cell thing is a bit confusing , I think we are going to have longer lasting immunity to this than influenza as long as it doesn't mutate too much, testing for antibodies might be pointless(false positives/waning) to check for immunity though, I am not sure if they can test for t-cell immunity.
Tcell memory for people who were infected with SARS 1 is still there, more than 17 years later.

I think most of the people that have talked about this are pretty optimistic on this front for both the vaccines and natural infections.
[Reply]
banyon 10:43 AM 04-03-2021

I wasn’t taking a guess, that’s what I’ve heard from the CDC/NIH doctors:

“The one thing I can say, as an infectious disease person, is that it is very unlikely it's going to be like measles," said Fauci. "I got infected by measles as a child … and the fact is you're protected essentially for life. It likely is not of that magnitude, because of what we know about the common cold coronaviruses that keep reinfecting people. We feel it's likely measured in several months to a year or more, but it doesn't look like it's going to be 20, 30 years." Fauci

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.yah...130110365.html
[Reply]
F150 10:48 AM 04-03-2021

“The one thing I can say, as an infectious disease person, is that it is very unlikely it's going to be like measles," said Fauci. "I got infected by measles as a child … and the fact is you're protected essentially for life. It likely is not of that magnitude, because of what we know about the common cold coronaviruses that keep reinfecting people. We feel it's likely measured in several months to a year or more, but it doesn't look like it's going to be 20, 30 years." Fauci

Fauci as a source had some merit before he became a source and showed how rapidly he changes his positions As far as that goes, the CDC/NIH have all lost the trust of many people as a result of the management of Covid and the mandates that have been imposed.

One very critical fallout from Covid will be the public's trust in public health policy has been shattered. heads need to roll and plans put in place to restore faith.
[Reply]
Monticore 10:49 AM 04-03-2021
Tcell memory for people who were infected with SARS 1 is still there, more than 17 years later.

I think most of the people that have talked about this are pretty optimistic on this front for both the vaccines and natural infections.
But just like some people can get infected after getting the vaccine some people will get re-infected at some point with reduced symptoms , not every ones immune systems reacts to same to either natural/vaccine , the problem right now if there are still a lot of people who haven't had either and these new variants are concerning.

SARS and MERS didn't really get a chance to mutate so it easier to expect lifelong immunity.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 10:50 AM 04-03-2021

I don't take anything Fauci says seriously at this point.
[Reply]
Page 113 of 1375
« First < 1363103109110111112113 1141151161171231632136131113 > Last »
Up