Page 7 of 111
« First < 34567 8910111757107 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Veach is the best GM in the NFL
staylor26 11:51 AM 07-14-2020
I don’t think it’s even debatable at this point
[Reply]
staylor26 05:36 PM 07-14-2020
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
I think I'd still go with Ozzie here, but Ballard is good as well.
Ozzie is no longer the Ravens GM.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 05:40 PM 07-14-2020
Originally Posted by Kman34:
Imagine Carl trying to get this done back in the day... He would have run off everyone.. and traded Mahomes for some draft picks and a brokedick 49er.:-)
:-)
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 05:41 PM 07-14-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Ozzie is no longer the Ravens GM.
I know. He's serving as some sort of scout/talent-evaluator/front office guru roll now. He's still the best, IMO.
[Reply]
RealSNR 05:42 PM 07-14-2020
Originally Posted by Chiefshrink:
You are one bitter narcissistic dude for sure. Get some help man.:-)
All the evidence points to KC's HC/GM relationship being one that collaborates and shares notes and ideas on personnel, but the GM gets the final say. Both dudes report to Clark Hunt.

Why would the franchise lie about something like that? They have absolutely nothing to gain. Philadelphia was completely open about Andy Reid having final say over Howie Roseman on personnel matters. So was Andy Reid. Reid comes to Kansas City and says, "We're going to change it up. I'm going back to being a coach. That's where I'm the happiest." Even if he didn't mean that at all, then why wouldn't he just do what he did in Philly when Veach got hired and say, "I'm working with him on personnel."

You're trying to find a hidden ulterior evil motive like you always fucking do with everything. You think your version is the actual truth in spite of nothing at all to support it. And you're calling ME narcissistic?

Sometimes a coach is just a coach, Sigmund Fraud.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 05:45 PM 07-14-2020
I think Telesco is a pretty underrated GM that would look better if he got some common sense and left a dead end franchise like the Chargers.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 05:48 PM 07-14-2020
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
I think Telesco is a pretty underrated GM that would look better if he got some common sense and left a dead end franchise like the Chargers.
Lynch, as much as I hate to say it, has been brilliant as well. His eye for QBs may ultimately be his downfall, but everything else he touches seemingly turns to gold.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 05:51 PM 07-14-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
The draft separates the good from the great.

Hill, Kelce, Jones, Schwartz and yes even Fisher are key players here who he inherited. And Hill, Kelce and Schwartz are going to get HoF consideration when all is said and done. We sure are quick to gloss over that.

The bar from his predecessor in that regard is pretty damn high. If this team isn't going to atrophy on his watch, it's going to be because he was able to bring in guys like say George Kittle in the 3rd round. And maybe he's done something like that with Hardman - a big time 'heat check' pick when easier bets like McLaurin were on the board. That may be a serious home-run for him before all is said and done.

Grabbing Thornhill instead of 'safe' pick at a position of need like Winovich and then piece-mealing the LDE spot together a bit was a risky gamble that worked out great (though the Thornhill pick specifically was almost universally lauded).

He clearly prefers swinging for the fences in the draft so if enough of those land, he'll continue to cycle in great players. But THAT'S the bar - great players. Because he inherited a few of those guys upon taking over and in the next handful of years, he'll need to replace 'em.

Will he do that? Time will tell. Hard to write that book just yet.
Getting Kittle in the 5th might be even better than Tyreek in the 5th.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 05:52 PM 07-14-2020
Lynch, as much as I hate to say it, has been brilliant as well. His eye for QBs may ultimately be his downfall, but everything else he touches seemingly turns to gold.
I think more credit goes to mini rat there. Lynch has definitely exceeded the 0 expectations they set for him though, and Kittle was a top notch land. That double first round selection of Solomon Thomas and Foster though....woof.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 05:53 PM 07-14-2020
I think more credit goes to mini rat there. Lynch has definitely exceeded the 0 expectations they set for him though, and Kittle was a top notch land. That double first round selection of Solomon Thomas and Foster though....woof.
Those were terrible, but almost everything else has been great. Samuel in the 2nd was awesome.
[Reply]
staylor26 05:58 PM 07-14-2020
He’s a good GM, but he also just drafted Herbert who I’m very confident will be a bust.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 06:02 PM 07-14-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
He’s a good GM, but he also just drafted Herbert who I’m very confident will be a bust.
I have a suspicion that was driven by shitty ownership.

Those were terrible, but almost everything else has been great. Samuel in the 2nd was awesome.
I'm still holding out a bit to see what the end result will look like. Samuel was a WR I was very high on going into last years draft though. Falling into McGlinchey was another solid move.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 06:11 PM 07-14-2020
I have a suspicion that was driven by shitty ownership.

I'm still holding out a bit to see what the end result will look like. Samuel was a WR I was very high on going into last years draft though. Falling into McGlinchey was another solid move.
Lynch has also benefitted from drafting fairly high. BUT, overall, he's done that well.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 06:15 PM 07-14-2020
I'm curious to see how this class shapes out. I had Kinlaw very high on my imaginary board in this draft.
[Reply]
Dante84 06:19 PM 07-14-2020
I have no problem calling it “The Brett Veach Lounge” until Week One. Anyone disagree?
[Reply]
RunKC 06:20 PM 07-14-2020
DeCosta has proven to me that he’s as good as Ozzie as a GM. He killed it this offseason.

Veach, DeCosta, Roseman, Telesco and Ballard are top 5 IMO
[Reply]
Page 7 of 111
« First < 34567 8910111757107 > Last »
Up