ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: Which one do you pick?
Idaho, plus $250,000 annual stipend 24 58.54%
Illinois, plus $332,500 annual stipend 17 41.46%
Gosh, I can't decide. 0 0%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Nzoner's Game Room>Mansionmania Tournament: Round 1, Heat 24
Rain Man 01:32 PM 10-25-2021
Mansionmania continues. I'm going to show you the most expensive homes in every state and a few territories, with a few extras thrown in from the largest states to get the tourney up to 64. It'll be a single-elimination tournament.

You will choose among each pair of houses with the following assumptions:

I encourage you to click on the maps in the listings to see the general location and neighborhood.

Also, I will only enter contestants if they have a sufficient number of photos to judge, as determined by me.

Your entries in this heat are:

Idaho:

https://www.realtor.com/realestatean...0_M17292-25255

Illinois:

https://www.realtor.com/realestatean...0_M95466-82089
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 07:46 PM 10-25-2021
I can't live in the middle of nowhere 50 weeks a year, no matter how pretty it is. It would turn into a pretty prison after 5 years.

So I'd have to go Chicago, even with the politics, crime, and congestion. But I'd have to install bulletproof Plexiglas over the entire property and put a pool somewhere inside or outside.
[Reply]
Bearcat 08:15 PM 10-25-2021
I would be pretty surprised if there was much crime around there at all which would actually deter people from living there... given the upscale neighborhoods to start, combined with the touristy areas around there (not tons of foot traffic on those blocks in particular, but also not the feeling of walking down dark alleys alone at night), and the number of times I've walked around there at night.

And if there was ever a poll I wanted to rig... it would be sad to see Chicago out after one round (granted, still in the game with that one in Wisconsin).
[Reply]
KCUnited 08:28 PM 10-25-2021
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
I would be pretty surprised if there was much crime around there at all which would actually deter people from living there... given the upscale neighborhoods to start, combined with the touristy areas around there (not tons of foot traffic on those blocks in particular, but also not the feeling of walking down dark alleys alone at night), and the number of times I've walked around there at night.

And if there was ever a poll I wanted to rig... it would be sad to see Chicago out after one round (granted, still in the game with that one in Wisconsin).
Plus the 332,500 annual could eventually get you a boat loaded with world class beer and marina access on Lake Michigan.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Up