ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Nzoner's Game Room>4 Straight Super Bowls
Buehler445 12:17 PM 10-25-2021
I made a post about it in the Magic thread, but since the meltdown is still happening through Monday, maybe it deserves it's own thread.

Stole this little tidbit from the Simmons Podcast.

Here's the teams that went to 4 straight Super Bowls.

Spoiler!

Not the Cowbitches decade of dominance.
Not the Steel Curtain shitfaces.
Not the Cheatriot fuckbags.
Not the hog-era Skins teams.
Not those Walsh 9ers teams.

What we're trying to do is hard. And this is why it's hard. Injuries, Age, Complacency, Stale Messages, it's hard man.

I'm as pissed at anybody for wasting a Prime year of Mahomes, Hill, and Kelce, but sometimes some perspective is needed. I admit that in the thick of it it's hard to see the forest through the trees, and goddamn it, on paper it should be better. The same dudes aren't performing like they did before.

But as they say this is why they play the games.

It sucks, but what we're trying to do is hard. Really hard.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 06:41 PM 10-25-2021
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Damn sorry my sarcasm meter is probably broken from yesterdays game and arguing with Donger's dumb ass today.
Marcellus, my brother - and I say that because, despite our differences, I love you and care about you as a person - arguing with Donger is like digging a ditch with your hands, or sleeping on a bed made of broken glass. You can do it...but why?
[Reply]
Marcellus 07:09 PM 10-25-2021
Originally Posted by rabblerouser:
Marcellus, my brother - and I say that because, despite our differences, I love you and care about you as a person - arguing with Donger is like digging a ditch with your hands, or sleeping on a bed made of broken glass. You can do it...but why?
I know I know.......
[Reply]
lcarus 07:21 PM 10-25-2021
This Chiefs team just looks beat up. That 2018 run when Patrick played like a mythical creature was amazing. They came up short but avenged it by winning the Super Bowl in 2019. They had to fight tooth and nail in every game of those playoffs to pull it off. Then the "run it back" tour in 2020. It's kind of understandable that these guys are a bit exhausted. They need to just get back to having fun playing football again.
[Reply]
ptlyon 07:23 PM 10-25-2021
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
So three teams have been to three straight SBs:

Dolphins (1971-1973)
Patriots (2016-2018)
Bills (1990-1993)

Still a very high standard for a team coming off a complete OL rebuild.
Fing 70 dolphins
[Reply]
AJKCFAN 07:26 PM 10-25-2021
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
I made a post about it in the Magic thread, but since the meltdown is still happening through Monday, maybe it deserves it's own thread.

Stole this little tidbit from the Simmons Podcast.

Here's the teams that went to 4 straight Super Bowls.

Spoiler!

Not the Cowbitches decade of dominance.
Not the Steel Curtain shitfaces.
Not the Cheatriot ****bags.
Not the hog-era Skins teams.
Not those Walsh 9ers teams.

What we're trying to do is hard. And this is why it's hard. Injuries, Age, Complacency, Stale Messages, it's hard man.

I'm as pissed at anybody for wasting a Prime year of Mahomes, Hill, and Kelce, but sometimes some perspective is needed. I admit that in the thick of it it's hard to see the forest through the trees, and goddamn it, on paper it should be better. The same dudes aren't performing like they did before.

But as they say this is why they play the games.

It sucks, but what we're trying to do is hard. Really hard.
What the Bills did was amazing. They win even 1 Super Bowl in that run and that team is looked at historically much differently. Also remember, if not for that insane comeback in Wild Card Game against the Oilers they don’t make it to 3 straight Super Bowls either….
[Reply]
oldman 11:12 PM 10-25-2021
My next door neighbor during that run was a douche from western NY. For each of those 4 years (2 of which the Bills beat the Chiefs on their way to the SB) I took great pleasure in announcing the final score several times at the neighborhood SB party. I was a mean SOB even then.
[Reply]
Best22 12:24 AM 10-26-2021
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
i get you bro

i'll be personally satisfied if this team just gets to the playoffs, wins a game and doesn't embarrass itself in a loss

we are a lot like the 49ers teams after they won two Super Bowls...it took them three years to get back
Their 85 and 86 teams were relatively weak. Lost in the first round 17-3 and 49-3
[Reply]
Rasputin 02:25 AM 10-26-2021
I'll tell you what's hard my dick Everytime we score a touchdown and every time we win a game a playoff game a conference championship and the Lombardi trophy my dick gets real hard for all that.
[Reply]
RunKC 03:53 PM 10-26-2021
Tom Brady, who every media member sucks off, went 10 years without a Super Bowl victory and only won that Super Bowl bc of Seahawk stupidity.

This is really really hard to do. Only reason Tom Brady has so many rings is luck
[Reply]
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Up