ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 7
< 12345 67 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Mitchell Schwartz is going to try and get healthy, but what does that mean?
staylor26 02:17 PM 02-09-2021

[Reply]
Bill Brasky 07:35 PM 02-09-2021
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
False hope that Schwartz would return this season contributed to Andrew Wylie starting at RT in the Super Bowl.

If Schwartz’s injury was determined to be season ending back in October (which it ultimately was), then Remmers is moved to starting RT and perhaps most importantly the Chiefs are able to make an in-season move to add depth and ensure that Wylie is not RT2.
It sucks but this is the most realistic take in the whole thread. Hanging on to hope he might get better will almost certainly yield another disappointment in the post season.
[Reply]
Brooklyn 09:04 PM 02-09-2021
LDT was already falling off last year too. I don’t want to see him lining up to someone not named Mitchell Schwartz. The whole line needs replaced.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:04 PM 02-09-2021
Originally Posted by Brooklyn:
LDT was already falling off last year too. I don’t want to see him lining up to someone not named Mitchell Schwartz. The whole line needs replaced.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's just not realistic. They're not going to replace the entire line. It doesn't even make any sense.
[Reply]
Bill Brasky 09:51 PM 02-09-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
That's just not realistic. They're not going to replace the entire line. It doesn't even make any sense.
LDT is starting next year guaranteed. He’s on contract through 2022 for fuck’s sake. I wouldn’t even want to replace him considering the capital we’re going to be forced to invest as it is.

I’m thinking Veach doesn’t have the balls to cut Mitch and Fisher, and tries to find a backup and call it a day.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:52 PM 02-09-2021
Originally Posted by Bill Brasky:
LDT is starting next year guaranteed. He’s on contract through 2022 for fuck’s sake. I wouldn’t even want to replace him considering the capital we’re going to be forced to invest as it is.

I’m thinking Veach doesn’t have the balls to cut Mitch and Fisher, and tries to find a backup and call it a day.
Agree on LDT. Can't really do anything with him, he's under contract. They'll play him.

I don't think they cut Fisher but I could totally see Schwartz retiring.

I'll go one step further though - I bet Wylie is in the mix next year too. They're going to tender him and nobody will want him. He'll be back.
[Reply]
Stryker 10:34 PM 02-09-2021
Ok, do not fault me but wasn't he out most of the season with a back issue? What was it caused by? Why was he out so long? His back wasn't broken so what is the injury? Again, forgive me.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:38 PM 02-09-2021
Originally Posted by Stryker:
Ok, do not fault me but wasn't he out most of the season with a back issue? What was it caused by? Why was he out so long? His back wasn't broken so what is the injury? Again, forgive me.
Nobody really knows.

The team was really ambiguous about his situation other than he was having back issues.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 11:04 PM 02-09-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Nobody really knows.

The team was really ambiguous about his situation other than he was having back issues.
We should’ve known something was up when he gave up that sack in Week 1 against the Texans. He clearly wasn’t himself even when he was in the lineup.
[Reply]
dj56dt58 11:20 PM 02-09-2021
Originally Posted by Steron:
Unfortunately, it might be time to cut bait on him and Fisher.
Yeah because the line was great without fisher
[Reply]
In58men 11:25 PM 02-09-2021
Fisher was totally fine before tearing his Achilles.

Why give up on him now? He’s not that old.
[Reply]
BossChief 11:54 PM 02-09-2021
We can’t cut either tackle. Both are injured. That idea is out.

It’s a tough spot for us next year because we have 25m of next years cap dedicated to just those 2.

The best thing to do at this point is to negotiate an extension with Fisher that the team has a way out after 2 years, but lowers his 2021 cap hit to allow us to make some moves.
[Reply]
Valiant 12:25 AM 02-10-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Means he wants his pension like priest.

Don't you have to play ten seasons for the medical coverage and such?
[Reply]
GloryDayz 05:14 AM 02-10-2021
Not to worry, Patrick is a mobile QB, no OL needed.
[Reply]
J Diddy 05:23 AM 02-10-2021
Originally Posted by Stryker:
I'm guessing a recurring back issue is a significant thing to an offensive linemen with his size and battling 300 pound men every down.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 06:00 AM 02-10-2021
Originally Posted by In58men:
Lol you definitely don’t do Twitter. You know how much shit he takes for posting food pics?

So many fans saying he can bbq and cook all day, but unable to play football. He takes a lot heat.
Those fans are dumb af
[Reply]
Page 5 of 7
< 12345 67 >
Up