ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 27 of 33
« First < 172324252627 28293031 > Last »
Media Center>Star Trek: Strange New Worlds
Bowser 06:57 PM 04-03-2022
Maybe it's overkill having a thread for this, but meh.

[Reply]
KC_Connection 01:11 PM 08-13-2023
Originally Posted by listopencil:
No, I wanted them to actually use characters from ST:TOS if they were going to introduce them to ST:SNW. If they picked a hard one; tough shit. That's the choice they made. Make it work.
Except it did work and it worked exceptionally well.
[Reply]
Frazod 01:25 PM 08-13-2023
What you're doing here is employing a straw man (arguing against a narrative rather than what has been brought up) and gatekeeping (trying to squash opposing views as being unworthy of discussion). Try engaging in honest discussion and perhaps you won't be confused.
He's the Looniguana of Media Center. Hasn't made a single valid point, ignores every valid point made by others, and only responds with THE 60S SUCKED and and UR A HATER and DONT WATCH IT.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 01:33 PM 08-13-2023
Originally Posted by Frazod:
He's the Looniguana of Media Center. Hasn't made a single valid point, ignores every valid point made by others, and only responds with THE 60S SUCKED and and UR A HATER and DONT WATCH IT.
If only this wasn't entirely false. TOS was a great show. Shitting on an otherwise great Trek series because it isn't closely following everything that was done then (including its silly character designs that were only a product of the budgetary/technological constraints of that era) is absolutely ridiculous criticism though.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 01:42 PM 08-13-2023
I mean, they literally gave you guys exactly what you were asking for right after the musical episode and it still wasn't good enough because the Gorn didn't look enough like this guy in a clunky lizard suit from 1967:

What are they seriously supposed to do with this?
[Reply]
Megatron96 01:49 PM 08-13-2023
Great episode. Just wish they hadn’t wasted two episodes getting there. Gorn went from kind of silly (always reminded me a little of a zombie sleestak) in TOS to pretty scary. Like it.
[Reply]
Bowser 01:50 PM 08-13-2023
I want a ST:TOS reboot but Spock isn't an alien. He's just a French guy who is studying Philosophy. Everybody has a hard time connecting with him emotionally because of the language barrier but he's really smart.
:-)
[Reply]
listopencil 01:53 PM 08-13-2023
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
Except it did work and it worked exceptionally well.
Except that they didn't do it, they did something else.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 01:54 PM 08-13-2023
Except that they didn't do it, they did something else.
I disagree. They did about as well as they could have considering that design.
[Reply]
listopencil 01:56 PM 08-13-2023
I disagree.
Imagine swapping a ST:SNW Gorn into the ST:TOS episode and having Kirk fight it. It wouldn't work.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 01:57 PM 08-13-2023
Imagine swapping a ST:SNW Gorn into the ST:TOS episode and having Kirk fight it. It wouldn't work.
And that's a good thing because that fight is absurd by today's standards and was a product of 1960s television.
[Reply]
listopencil 01:58 PM 08-13-2023
And that's a good thing because that fight is absurd by today's standards and was a product of 1960s television.
It's a good thing only because it proves that I am correct.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 02:03 PM 08-13-2023
It's a good thing only because it proves that I am correct.
And because it is a good thing (see the almost universal reaction to the Gorn season finale episode).
[Reply]
listopencil 02:16 PM 08-13-2023
And because it is a good thing (see the almost universal reaction to the Gorn season finale episode).
Yeah, I loved the new Gron episode.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 02:19 PM 08-13-2023
Yeah, I loved the new Gron episode.
With any luck, they'll come back with a clunky old 1960s era Gorn costume for the S3 premiere. Wouldn't want to upset the canon.
[Reply]
listopencil 02:21 PM 08-13-2023
With any luck, they'll come back with a clunky old 1960s era Gorn costume for the S3 premiere.
Or maybe the makers of the show will stop using lazy, weak storytelling. That would be great.
[Reply]
Page 27 of 33
« First < 172324252627 28293031 > Last »
Up