ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 12 of 29
« First < 289101112 1314151622 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Smash Mouth at Sturgis
Deberg_1990 08:30 PM 08-10-2020
::-):

Smash Mouth Concert Packed at Sturgis, Singer Says 'F*** That Covid S**t' https://t.co/uywO6FQaU9

— TMZ (@TMZ) August 10, 2020

Bearcat 10:54 AM 08-16-2020
Originally Posted by crazycoffey:
It’s funny. I agree with the sentiment of this post but would apply it to the opposite argument.

But I’m really curious why it’s being discussed in this thread. Is this the new CP, Alex sucks in every thread? No escape. Gotta talk about the Rona everywhere now.

GTFO with it please
IMO, the Alex Smith stuff was worse.... I mean, on one hand it was at least football, but the topic didn't really matter.

At least with Covid and all of the other social issues, I think people should know what they're getting into when clicking on a thread, outside of a situation like this where a really old thread was bumped to talk about Covid things.

It's one thing if you want to talk about Clyde Edwards-Helaire or Subway and it derails into another Covid thread or whatever.... but, I feel like for the most part, those topics are limited to threads that should make it obvious to everyone. I could be wrong though.
ghak99 10:58 AM 08-16-2020
Originally Posted by Nickhead:
to me, it only seems fair that people inject politics into sport or whatever, considering sports has brought politics into its bubble. not to mention the fact that there are no 'real sports' to talk about in this current climate. Some here whinge just as much if not more than some of the SJW crowd. :-)
I thought about this a while back and realized the mods are basically fucked.

I was originally really disappointed with the lounge getting so political, but the lounge concentrates on the Chiefs, the NFL, and other sports to lessor degree and leagues themselves have allowed politics to completely infiltrate their image. The biggest stories in the sports world right now are very political, there's just no way around it. You really can't expect people to talk about sports without talking about politics when the two have now become so intertwined.

I would still fully support smashing political talk in the lounge though. I enjoy both sides with a healthy divide as they're both an escape from each other.

Same goes for Covid. Just shut the fuck up about it already or at least keep it in it's own little corner, threads, so the shit that's being thrown in the fan doesn't get on the rest of us unless we decide to walk into the room.
TribalElder 11:07 AM 08-16-2020
so did smash mouth get covid yet
lewdog 11:08 AM 08-16-2020
Originally Posted by TribalElder:
Hopefully AIDS.
crazycoffey 11:16 AM 08-16-2020
Originally Posted by TribalElder:
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Hopefully AIDS.
Statistically speaking; likely a higher probability of them catching aides, but fuck the facts. Wear your mask to prevent aides! Masturbate with a condom to prevent your hand pregnancy too!m

But I’m the dumb one ignoring The facts, Just insensitive to others health for saying the mask is BS.
Bearcat 11:36 AM 08-16-2020
Originally Posted by crazycoffey:
Statistically speaking; likely a higher probability of them catching aides, but **** the facts. Wear your mask to prevent aides! Masturbate with a condom to prevent your hand pregnancy too!m

But I’m the dumb one ignoring The facts, Just insensitive to others health for saying the mask is BS.
Well as far as deaths, 13,000 Americans die each year from AIDS, while 169,000 Americans have died from Covid in the past 6 months.

Are you going to ignore the actual fact? Because making up your own doesn't actually make it true.
HayWire 11:43 AM 08-16-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
"Delete it all" isn't specific. That's my issue with the CONSTANT bitching these days. Everyone wants to bitch, but no one really has any solutions.

Anyway, this weekend has made me realize that this place has been a net negative on my life for a while now, so I'm gone for at least a little while and maybe forever. So see you all at some point in the future. Bye.
Well fuck. If you truly mean this maybe it's time for a lot of us to step away. You've been a one of the best and most well rounded people here

Maybe we should start a "well bye" thread and burn this fucker to the ground.

This is my only social media but maybe a break would be good.
eDave 11:48 AM 08-16-2020
Originally Posted by HayWire:
Well fuck. If you truly mean this maybe it's time for a lot of us to step away. You've been a one of the best and most well rounded people here

Its just not that much fun here anymore.
Deberg_1990 11:51 AM 08-16-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
"Delete it all" isn't specific. That's my issue with the CONSTANT bitching these days. Everyone wants to bitch, but no one really has any solutions.

Anyway, this weekend has made me realize that this place has been a net negative on my life for a while now, so I'm gone for at least a little while and maybe forever. So see you all at some point in the future. Bye.
Hey now, your an all star. You cant leave.
suzzer99 11:53 AM 08-16-2020
Obviously no one wants individual mods being the arbiters of truth, least of all the mods themselves I'm sure.

But it seems like maaaaaybe you could get some kind of "mod consensus" (6 out of 8 mods agree?) in extreme circumstances to just ban obvious shitposters from threads - like KCTotallyCoincidentially88 from this one and say pete's endless manic phase spew from the covid thread.

Like obviously qanon stuff isn't tolerated in the lounge. Should coronahoax be?
suzzer99 11:54 AM 08-16-2020
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Hey now, your an all star. You cant leave.
Might as well be walking on the sun.

Now do the 3rd Smashmouth song. No googling!
Bearcat 11:56 AM 08-16-2020
Originally Posted by HayWire:

On one hand, I'd like to say... well, it's the offseason and people need breaks from here every once in a while.

OTOH, Daface is the most zen person here and you've all managed to break him. :-)
Bearcat 12:01 PM 08-16-2020
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
Obviously no one wants individual mods being the arbiters of truth, least of all the mods themselves I'm sure.

But it seems like maaaaaybe you could get some kind of "mod consensus" (6 out of 8 mods agree?) in extreme circumstances to just ban obvious shitposters from threads - like KCTotallyCoincidentially88 from this one and say pete's endless manic phase spew from the covid thread.

Like obviously qanon stuff isn't tolerated in the lounge. Should coronahoax be?
We have already started banning him from threads for the constant spamming.
srvy 12:13 PM 08-16-2020
A I'm leaving forever requires a dedicated stand alone thread. Once again deprived because of a virus.
BryanBusby 12:16 PM 08-16-2020
Originally Posted by eDave:
Its just not that much fun here anymore.
It really isn't. Being too busy to post lately has been a blessing for me.
Page 12 of 29
« First < 289101112 1314151622 > Last »
Up