ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: What 2 teams should the B12 add...?
Air Force 9 9.09%
BYU 32 32.32%
Boise State 24 24.24%
Cincinnati 32 32.32%
Colorado State University 18 18.18%
EbolAIDS 15 15.15%
Houston 23 23.23%
Marshall 5 5.05%
Memphis 16 16.16%
New Mexico 3 3.03%
SMU 7 7.07%
University of Central Florida 18 18.18%
University of Connecticut 6 6.06%
University of South Florida 8 8.08%
Other (List) 8 8.08%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 99. You may not vote on this poll
Page 18 of 37
« First < 81415161718 1920212228 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Conference Realignment Spin-off: Who should the B12 add...?
Mr_Tomahawk 02:04 PM 12-07-2014
The BigXII shot itself in the foot yesterday with the round-robin setup. 4 of the 5 P5 conferences have a championship game. The higher seed in each of those games got into the playoffs...whether those are the 4 top teams or not. I don't think FSU or OSU are a top 4 team...but that's for another thread.

The Big12 is going to be relying on the lower seed to win one of these championship games from her on out if they choose not to have a B12 CCG. IMO, that isn't a good way to get your conference represented in the playoffs...
The round-robin is cute...but until they expand to 8 teams. The B12 could find themselves in this situation more often than Not.

The Baylor vs KSU was the championship argument is flawed as is the B12 could have had 2 teams in the playoffs...

So....to get the B12 back to....12 teams, what two teams would you add?

Poll to come...
[Reply]
RealSNR 05:20 PM 07-03-2022
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
I love how KU is irrelevant and "nobody wants us" and then everyone is going to be furious when we leave the Big 12. It shouldn't matter where we go, nobody cares right?
Put us in the Shit Scraper Conference. Doesn't matter. KU is still going to win national championships.
[Reply]
RustShack 05:29 PM 07-03-2022
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Put us in the Shit Scraper Conference. Doesn't matter. KU is still going to win national championships.
Personally I like having KU around. Free win in football and some fun basketball games, especially the years Iowa State is relevant there… which hopefully continues based on our new coaches first year.

And I mean shit, I’m sure y’all will find a football coach who can turn it around eventually.
[Reply]
Kiimo 05:34 PM 07-03-2022
I think we already did
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 05:49 PM 07-03-2022
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
It's not impossible for a strong school to have BB success in an otherwise crappy conference, but it makes it harder.

If you're not regularly getting nationally televised match ups, it makes recruiting harder.

Playing weaker schools mean you aren't battle tested.

Sure, you can try and schedule big time opponents for their non conference games but that is hit or miss.
[Reply]
WilliamTheIrish 05:54 PM 07-03-2022
Just let me know when it’s settled. Because it’s all soooo unsettling. MUtts are hilarious.

10 years ago, I cared. Fast forward 10 years? It’s been Alabama’s title to lose every year.
[Reply]
Ocotillo 05:58 PM 07-03-2022
This is who I would like to see the Big 12 add
North Texas
Rice
SMU
Texas State
UTEP
UTSA

Future additions
Abilene Christian
Angelo State
Houston Baptist
Incarnate Word
Lamar
Prairie View A&M
Sam Houston State
Stephen F. Austin
Tarleton State
Texas A&M-Commerce
West Texas A&M
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 06:01 PM 07-03-2022
I still think the PAC is more likely to be the acquirer of B12 properties than reverse. Of course that assumes the Bay schools aren’t going to the BIG.

If the PAC stays as its currently constituted, I’d love to bail with Houston. They have some seriously bad-ass, prestigious flagships. I think we fit much better with them than our current motley crew. And of course, KU would be a must get for them since they’d have zero alternatives due to geography
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 06:11 PM 07-03-2022
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
I think we already did
Some actual signs of life from the football team at the end of last year. I guess we'll see if it carries over.
[Reply]
Kiimo 06:11 PM 07-03-2022
Originally Posted by Ocotillo:
This is who I would like to see the Big 12 add
North Texas
Rice
SMU
Texas State
UTEP
UTSA

Future additions
Abilene Christian
Angelo State
Houston Baptist
Incarnate Word
Lamar
Prairie View A&M
Sam Houston State
Stephen F. Austin
Tarleton State
Texas A&M-Commerce
West Texas A&M

This list makes me want to cry

I guess the Big 12 is the new Conference USA
[Reply]
RustShack 06:36 PM 07-03-2022
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
I still think the PAC is more likely to be the acquirer of B12 properties than reverse. Of course that assumes the Bay schools aren’t going to the BIG.

If the PAC stays as its currently constituted, I’d love to bail with Houston. They have some seriously bad-ass, prestigious flagships. I think we fit much better with them than our current motley crew. And of course, KU would be a must get for them since they’d have zero alternatives due to geography
You are one of the few to think that. Even their own schools don’t agree with you.
[Reply]
tredadda 06:51 PM 07-03-2022
Originally Posted by RustShack:
https://247sports.com/college/arizon...eek-189624231/

EDIT- VIP article, but it said Arizona, ASU, Utah, and Colorado have a meeting with the Big12 on Tuesday.
That would be interesting to see CU go back to the Big 12.
[Reply]
RustShack 07:02 PM 07-03-2022
Originally Posted by tredadda:
That would be interesting to see CU go back to the Big 12.
If I remember right they were the last to leave. On top of Nebraska, Missouri, and aTm leaving, Texas and Oklahoma were flirting with the PAC as well if I remember right and the media was labeling the Big12 as done. So I really don’t blame them for leaving when they did.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 07:08 PM 07-03-2022
Originally Posted by RustShack:
You are one of the few to think that. Even their own schools don’t agree with you.
Not one of those schools wants to join the B12.

I know you’re delusional, but most sane BooClones know the PACs want nothing to do with you
[Reply]
RustShack 07:12 PM 07-03-2022
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
Not one of those schools wants to join the B12.

I know you’re delusional, but most sane BooClones know the PACs want nothing to do with you
Some of them might not “want” it, but they are doing the smart thing and doing it. And the left over PAC schools who get regulated to G5 will wish they were in the Big12.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 07:32 PM 07-03-2022
There are only 2 schools who wouldn’t get an invite from the B12. Perhaps even they would. Stanford would just call up the BIG and get in if they wanted.

The question you should ask is: if PAC stays at 10 and poached Kansas and Houston, which league would get the higher TV contract? You’re aware there are mechanisms to raise/lower contracts based on adds or defections
[Reply]
Page 18 of 37
« First < 81415161718 1920212228 > Last »
Up