ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 26 of 44
« First < 162223242526 2728293036 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2021 STL Cardinals Thread***
BigRedChief 10:29 AM 02-17-2021
2021 Opening Day Lineup
Spoiler!

For the new Cardinal fans that joined the Planet since last year.....

2020 Thread
https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=329273
2019 Thread
https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=320239
2018 Thread
https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=312812
2012 Thread
https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=254619
etc.
All the way back to 2006 WS
https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=312812
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 07:08 PM 09-29-2021
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
I didn’t know Gorman played the whole 2nd half at 2B in AAA. I thought he was playing outfield too. That make Edman trade bait for starting pitching? Wonder what we can get for Edman and Dejong?

2B/3B Nolan Gorman (Triple-A)

Gorman, the Cardinals’ top prospect, has put his best foot forward making up for the lost 2020 season, posting an .817 OPS (thanks in part to a three-homer game) across 117 games in his first taste of both Double-A and Triple-A. Most notably has been his positional acumen, playing second base the majority of the second half as he’s started to learn the position ever since the Cardinals acquired hot-corner stalwart Nolan Arenado.
I would not trade Edman. I doubt Gorman starts the season in the majors, and he’s the likely DH anyway.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:11 PM 09-29-2021
Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi:
I would not trade Edman. I doubt Gorman starts the season in the majors, and he’s the likely DH anyway.
I thought Gorman was supposed to have a good glove?
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 08:18 PM 09-29-2021
I didn’t know Gorman played the whole 2nd half at 2B in AAA. I thought he was playing outfield too. That make Edman trade bait for starting pitching? Wonder what we can get for Edman and Dejong?

2B/3B Nolan Gorman (Triple-A)

Gorman, the Cardinals’ top prospect, has put his best foot forward making up for the lost 2020 season, posting an .817 OPS (thanks in part to a three-homer game) across 117 games in his first taste of both Double-A and Triple-A. Most notably has been his positional acumen, playing second base the majority of the second half as he’s started to learn the position ever since the Cardinals acquired hot-corner stalwart Nolan Arenado.
Why would you want to get rid of two starters for one possible starter? Who is going to start at the other position? Who is going to be quality depth for those positions?
Hopefully Carpenter will be GONE after this season.
[Reply]
VAChief 08:35 PM 09-29-2021
I thought Gorman was supposed to have a good glove?
He’s not Allen Craig, but average is probably his ceiling at anywhere but maybe 1st.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:59 PM 09-29-2021
Well I guess they got the WC so just decided to take the night off. 17 games was enough.
[Reply]
Marcellus 11:47 AM 09-30-2021
Carpenter starting again today and just cost the Cards a run because he couldn't drive in a runner at 3rd with 1 out. I fucking despise that piece of shit and at this point I cant give Schildt any level of credit for the win streak given he is still fucking dumb enough to run Carpenter out there under any circumstances.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 10:31 PM 09-30-2021
So someone PM’d me on Facebook and asked how I felt about the Dewitt’s maybe selling the Cardinals? Holy shit couldn’t get to Google fast enough….. but it was just old ass Shannon having a senior moment. :-)

"There is absolutely no truth to that comment. Whatsoever," president Bill DeWitt III tells me about statement on radio broadcast that suggested the family as looking to sell #Cardinals.

— Derrick S. Goold (@dgoold) September 30, 2021

[Reply]
Marcellus 07:30 AM 10-01-2021
Carlson almost single handedly won the game yesterday. If they can keep performing like this at all levels who knows, 2011 may happen again.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:54 AM 10-01-2021
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Carlson almost single handedly won the game yesterday. If they can keep performing like this at all levels who knows, 2011 may happen again.
He's got a good glove. He's struggle at times but it is his rookie year. He's not going to ever be Pujols level obviously but he will be a good piece you need on any playoff team. .265-.270/15-20/80-85 every year. Plus on the verge of a gold glove. :-)

On a separate subject..........
I don't understand switching hitting in todays game. If your hitting .235/4/25 from one side and hitting .285/14/55 from the other. What's the advantage of hitting from the other side?
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:03 AM 10-01-2021
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
Why would you want to get rid of two starters for one possible starter? Who is going to start at the other position? Who is going to be quality depth for those positions?
What teams have quality backups? This is baseball. Your good and not starting, you go to another team.

As for our team we are never having anything but at best, AAAA players as backup. Our starters go down, we take a hit, We cant change that.

I'm thinking we have a 3 year window starting next year before Flaherty's rookie deal is up. He's going to get big money from LA to go home. Dont want to waste a year.
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 09:46 AM 10-01-2021
WHEEEEEW!!!
[Reply]
Marco Polo 12:37 PM 10-01-2021
Wainwright coming back for one more year. I see no problems with a one year commitment and he was our most reliable SP this year. We need all depth next year if this year was any indication.
[Reply]
Miles 01:40 PM 10-01-2021
Good news on Wano for one more year. Best year he has put together since 2014 and there may be a decent chance of holding up into his 40s with his command on the breaking stuff and not relying on power.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:00 PM 10-01-2021
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
DeJong isn't a starting caliber big league SS. Hasn't been in 4 years.

I think far too many people forget how long its been since Paulie D showed the potential that made us think he could develop into anything more than a mistake hitter. 2017 is a long time ago - that guy's gone. He's not coming back.

PDJ is, at best, a solid bench hitter and nothing more. Edman is absolutely a Chris Taylor sort of Super Utility player in a perfect world. He's a very good defender but unless you're going to bat him 8th, I just don't see a good offensive spot for him. He's not a leadoff hitter - he doesn't have the plate discipline for it. He's going to live and die on his BABIP and those guys through massive cold spells.

If you have to start him, so be it. But he's not a guy you can start at SS defensively. Nor will he take an OF role from any of our regular 3. So that means he's at 2b, where Gorman presents a FAR higher upside over any meaningful timeline.

Then you go into FA to replace DeJong at SS. If you strike out, well at least Sosa will make more contact than PDJ and he's a better defender as well.

But really, the kind of deal you look for isn't combining the two - there aren't many teams looking to completely re-do their MI.

But if you could get the Reds to talk, a Paul DeJong for Sonny Gray trade makes a lot of sense for both sides. Or maybe someone like PDJ for Caleb Smith in the hopes of rehabbing Smith's value.

Team needs arms and the system is unusually bereft of them. It can't hurt to make some phonecalls.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 02:41 PM 10-06-2021
Scherzer has faced the Cardinals twice this season, once with Washington and once with the Dodgers. He has allowed 10 hits and no earned runs in 14 innings, striking out 2.

How’s everyone feeling about tonight? Going to be tough to beat Scherzer if he’s on his game.
[Reply]
Page 26 of 44
« First < 162223242526 2728293036 > Last »
Up