ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 158 of 173
« First < 58108148154155156157158 159160161162168 > Last »
Media Center>Must Watch Series
Buehler445 08:54 AM 04-26-2012
All this talk about series, how network TV Sucks, and how hard it is to find quality shows, and some excellent shows that fly under the radar, I need a comprehensive review of all the series I need to see.

For good entertainment, I would be willing to buy DVD sets. But I've recently picked up HBOGO by kiping it from my parents, and recently got Netflix and Amazon Prime.

Here is a listing of shows that I currently own or have seen all the episodes of. If it isn't on the list, just assume I haven't seen it.

Spoiler!

Here is a listing of shows that I'm currently watching
Spoiler!

Here is a listing of shows on my list to watch (mostly due to this thread)
Spoiler!

I work a fuckton, so it is hard for me catch a series while it is on to get it on the DVR, but I recognize the entertainment value and am willing to go after the Must See shows. Accordingly, I'm not necessarily looking for anything that is still running. I'm up for watching stuff that has run its course.

So what say you, Planet? Which shows should I see?

UPDATED for the shows I've seen recently.
[Reply]
Buehler445 10:09 AM 07-11-2023
Originally Posted by In58men:
Thoughts on The Witcher?

We just started the last season to Peaky Blinders, once that’s over we’re thinking about The Witcher…
The S1 is really fucking good. S2 is good. I haven't watched S3.

Witcher and Peaky Blinders aren't really very similar. There is some magic and shit in it (think Lord of the Rings not Harry Potter) and isn't on earth etc etc. Peaky Blinders was very much Birmingham in 1920.

Not sure what you're looking for, but don't watch Witcher and expect Blinders.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:26 AM 07-11-2023
Originally Posted by Lzen:
Just finished season 1 of Silo. Great show, can't wait for new season. Anyone got any theories as to what is going on? What will happen to Juliette?
Read the books so I can't weigh in, but the universe ends up very well established by the 2nd book which is a prequel for about the first 3/4 of it before finishing up around the same time as the 1st book. The third advances the story forward.

They take a few liberties with the storytelling but that's to be expected. In either event, there aren't many questions unanswered, at least as it relates to the Silo and the events that led to it.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:30 AM 07-11-2023
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Yeah, these nuclear things are weird. Chernobyl is like EVERYBODY HAS TO BE DEAD RIGHT? And it was bad. It was a goddamned catastrophe. However, the Reactors 1-3 were operated until 2000. How the hell could operators live and work in the exclusion zone with all that radiation? Then you read about all the people that sneak in there with Geiger Counters and stuff is all profoundly interesting, but it's weird, and not how we we would think.

And I think 3 Mile Island ran until sometime in the 90s, and only shut down because the company went broke.

Weird shit man.

I will check the The Days though, obviously Ithat shit is interesting.
Radiation is funny that way. Super deadly but also pretty damn easy to avoid getting killed by. You can really wall it off pretty well if you're not stupid and reckless.

That Russian reactor design was just...phew - it was real bad. And it wasn't because we didn't know how to do it better - the Russians just didn't do it. The RBMK's having a positive void coefficient is just nutty and when we knew how to make the coolant and the moderator the same thing, why would you NOT do that?
[Reply]
lewdog 06:34 PM 07-12-2023
Originally Posted by In58men:
Thoughts on The Witcher?

We just started the last season to Peaky Blinders, once that’s over we’re thinking about The Witcher…
I thought Witcher was corny and sucked so stop after episode 4.
[Reply]
In58men 11:27 AM 07-13-2023
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
The S1 is really fucking good. S2 is good. I haven't watched S3.

Witcher and Peaky Blinders aren't really very similar. There is some magic and shit in it (think Lord of the Rings not Harry Potter) and isn't on earth etc etc. Peaky Blinders was very much Birmingham in 1920.

Not sure what you're looking for, but don't watch Witcher and expect Blinders.
Oh yeah I know that. My wife is a huge Harry Potter fan, she’s watching Peaky Blinders with me so I’ll be watching The Witcher with her.
[Reply]
Zebedee DuBois 02:59 PM 07-13-2023
Surely, Netflix's "Quarterback" should get a mention in the Must Watch Series thread
[Reply]
KCUnited 08:25 PM 07-14-2023
2 episodes into The Bear S2 and have an intimate insight into all their pores

Trying to hang in with it but woof
[Reply]
BigBeauford 02:16 PM 07-15-2023
Originally Posted by KCUnited:

It definitely pays off the later half of the season but I definitely felt the same.
[Reply]
KCUnited 02:36 PM 07-15-2023
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
It definitely pays off the later half of the season but I definitely felt the same.
I know I'm going to enjoy it because I like the characters

I'm only 2 episodes in but I'm missing the Chicago Easter eggs and grit of the first season, so hopefully that comes along

The extreme close up film choice is just triggering my OCD. Feels like I'm watch Dr. Pimple Popper at times

[Reply]
lewdog 03:17 PM 07-15-2023

I'm only 2 episodes in but I'm missing the Chicago Easter eggs and grit of the first season, so hopefully that comes along

The extreme close up film choice is just triggering my OCD. Feels like I'm watch Dr. Pimple Popper at times

:-)

They make up for a slow start to season 2 in episode 5. After that they bring great writing back. Episode 6 is can't miss, of any series ever.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 09:01 AM 07-16-2023

Stop being such a pussy.
[Reply]
KCUnited 09:17 AM 07-16-2023
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
Stop being such a pussy.

[Reply]
Sure-Oz 09:29 AM 07-16-2023

Great show...I was hooked right away. S2 was fantastic esp episode 6&7
[Reply]
KCUnited 06:42 AM 07-17-2023
RE: The Bear s2 e7 if anyone wants the Pequads experience you can have it shipped from from Goldbelly

I've sent them as gifts to family in the past and they've been well received
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 11:21 AM 07-17-2023
Daytime friends and night time lovers….
[Reply]
Page 158 of 173
« First < 58108148154155156157158 159160161162168 > Last »
Up