ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 5
< 123 45 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Buffalo Bills to Austin?
Bob Dole 08:30 PM 08-01-2021
https://www.kxan.com/sports/nfl-in-a...central-texas/

Originally Posted by :
AUSTIN (KXAN) — Earlier this year, Austin became home to its first professional sports franchise when Austin FC kicked off its inaugural Major League Soccer season. But now, a report from ESPN says that a different kind of pro football team could call Central Texas home.

According to a tweet from Seth Wickersham, a writer at ESPN.com, the NFL’s Buffalo Bills are considering a move to Austin as a leverage play to get public funding for a new, $1.5 billion stadium. The Buffalo News reports team owners are asking taxpayers to pay for 100% of the new stadium.
More at link because it's littered with links.
[Reply]
kcpasco 10:51 PM 08-01-2021
It’s a Bison. The logo has always bothered me.
[Reply]
Eureka 11:12 PM 08-01-2021
They are going to blow their load in Buffalo! You would too.

[Reply]
BigRedChief 11:42 PM 08-01-2021
I thought the Buffalo owners were rich as fuck?
[Reply]
KC_Connection 01:05 AM 08-02-2021
If the Bills were ever going to leave Buffalo (which they aren't since the Pegulas have them now), they'd go to Toronto (one of the largest cities/media markets in North America where like half their fanbase exists), not Austin. Non-story.
[Reply]
dlphg9 02:15 AM 08-02-2021
Fuck tard owners want to reap all the benefits of a new stadium, but don't want to pay a dime. That is completely ridiculous to me.
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 05:33 AM 08-02-2021
This is what happens when you don't keep your uncouth asshat off the folding table.
[Reply]
notorious 05:52 AM 08-02-2021
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
If the Bills were ever going to leave Buffalo (which they aren't since the Pegulas have them now), they'd go to Toronto (one of the largest cities/media markets in North America where like half their fanbase exists), not Austin. Non-story.
Aren’t taxes in Canada insanely high?
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 05:57 AM 08-02-2021
If their owners persist in asking for a 100 percent taxpayer funded stadium, I’d have a hard time staying a fan.

Billionaire owners in the richest league in North America should pay for their own stadiums, or at least for part of them.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 06:17 AM 08-02-2021
Originally Posted by lcarus:
Oklahoma City would probably support an NFL team.
If they were willing to draft one OU QB/RB they could have a following of inbreds in a hurry.
[Reply]
Peter Gibbons 06:20 AM 08-02-2021
Originally Posted by kcpasco:
It’s a Bison. The logo has always bothered me.
OK - how about a quick refresher on the differences between bison and buffalo for those of us who are range animal ignorant? I know that buffalo have wings and bison don't, but is that the only difference?
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 06:21 AM 08-02-2021
Chargers need to move far more than the Bill's.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 06:38 AM 08-02-2021
Originally Posted by Bob Dole:
How many chances does Oakland get?

All they need is a new stadium.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 06:39 AM 08-02-2021
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
I thought the Buffalo owners were rich as ****?
They were able to move gas/oil assets into the NFL before the valuations declined.
[Reply]
RedinTexas 06:44 AM 08-02-2021
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
If that happened, the Austin sports world would be home to two of the largest herbivores on the continent.
Hell, the entire population of the city is nothing but a bunch of herbivores.
[Reply]
Boiled Chicken 06:56 AM 08-02-2021
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
But only if they changed their name and became the Toronto Buffaloes
[Reply]
Page 3 of 5
< 123 45 >
Up