ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 9 of 22
« First < 56789 1011121319 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Do you take your hat off at the dinner table?
petegz28 09:11 PM 07-31-2021
It never ceases to amaze me when I go to a fairly nice or better restaurant to see guys wearing their hats at the table. I am not talking about some dude at lunch at McDonald's. I'm talking about a nice steak house or likewise having dinner with the family.

When I was growing up I was taught to take my hat off in the house but if I ever sat at the table with it on it would have been removed for me.

And if I tried to walk into my Grandmother's house, especially the kitchen, the hat was removed for me without me being asked to take it off.

Do you take your hat off at the table?
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 09:33 AM 08-01-2021
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
I typically don’t wear hats indoors.

A few etiquette tips:

Men's Hat Etiquette
Hats can be left on…
Outdoors
At athletic events (indoors or out)
On public transportation
In public buildings such as post offices, airports, and hotel or office lobbies
On elevators

Take hats off, including baseball caps …
In someone's home
At mealtimes, at the table
While being introduced, indoors or out (unless it's frigid!)
In a house of worship, unless a hat or head covering is required
Indoors at work, especially in an office (unless required for the job)
In public buildings such as a school, library, courthouse, or town hall
In restaurants and coffee shops
At a movie or any indoor performance
When the national anthem is played
When the flag of the United States passes by, as in a parade

https://emilypost.com/advice/hats-of...e-for-everyone
What a bunch of horseshit. What an absolutely useless set of "rules".
[Reply]
oldman 09:38 AM 08-01-2021
Originally Posted by eDave:
I actually formally learned table ediquite as a Delta Chi at NWMSO. We had a lady come and teach us. It was encouraged and corrected at mealtime for those who lived in the house.
I remember the same thing, except we had a housemother that ruled. Another rule, the 1st one at the table that wanted to smoke after the meal had to ask for permission from the hostess.

But back to the question. I rarely wear a hat or cap because I have a glorious head of hair. However, headgear comes off once inside, eating or not. Hats and caps are for protection from the elements. One more thing, wearing your cap backwards is stupid because you defeat the purpose of the bill. Only exception is if you are a 1950s or before catcher behind the plate.
[Reply]
Spott 09:39 AM 08-01-2021
Originally Posted by petegz28:
It never ceases to amaze me when I go to a fairly nice or better restaurant to see guys wearing their hats at the table. I am not talking about some dude at lunch at McDonald's. I'm talking about a nice steak house or likewise having dinner with the family.
I think it’s even more amazing that people would he having dinner at a restaurant with their family and they’d be worried about whether or not people they don’t know and will probably never see again are wearing a hat. That’s some straight up boomer Karen nonsense.
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 09:49 AM 08-01-2021
Originally Posted by oldman:
I remember the same thing, except we had a housemother that ruled. Another rule, the 1st one at the table that wanted to smoke after the meal had to ask for permission from the hostess.

But back to the question. I rarely wear a hat or cap because I have a glorious head of hair. However, headgear comes off once inside, eating or not. Hats and caps are for protection from the elements. One more thing, wearing your cap backwards is stupid because you defeat the purpose of the bill. Only exception is if you are a 1950s or before catcher behind the plate.
Your user name is fitting.
[Reply]
LoneWolf 09:57 AM 08-01-2021
Originally Posted by Pablo:
And this one is simple for me. Are you wearing dress shoes and/or slacks out to dinner? No hat in that situation. Game on otherwise.
This is the correct answer.
[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 09:58 AM 08-01-2021
Don't wear hats. Don't care if any one else wears one at my dinner table either.

I also don't give a damn if you wear white after labor day, jeans or shorts to work, mismatched socks or whatever fashion you may choose. Just let me be my own boo-boo and we won't have any probems, k?
[Reply]
Easy 6 09:59 AM 08-01-2021
Originally Posted by BDj23:
>implying you have friends
:-)
[Reply]
Rams Fan 10:09 AM 08-01-2021
I don't wear hats in general because I'm proud of my hairline.
[Reply]
oldman 10:56 AM 08-01-2021
Originally Posted by Mephistopheles Janx:
Your user name is fitting.
That's why I chose it, smartass!! :-) :-) But I have seen 2 Chiefs SB victories---so there!
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 11:08 AM 08-01-2021
Who wears a hat to a "nice" restaurant?
[Reply]
loochy 11:12 AM 08-01-2021
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
I always wear my hat to Olive Garden!
[Reply]
In58men 11:13 AM 08-01-2021
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
Some people wear those Newsboy/Cabbie hats to nice restaurants.
[Reply]
scho63 11:13 AM 08-01-2021
Adults get on airplanes in pajamas.

People wear sweat pants and hoodies to church.

Adults wear flip flops into a nice restaurant.

Nothing amazes me anymore.

This country has turned to shit the last 25 years in human behaviour.
[Reply]
Bugeater 11:23 AM 08-01-2021
:-) Nothing says "I'm a hopelessly lazy slob with absolutely no fucks to give" like going out into public in your jammies.
[Reply]
Pablo 11:31 AM 08-01-2021
Originally Posted by In58men:
Some people wear those Newsboy/Cabbie hats to nice restaurants.
Yeah, to eat by themselves maybe because they're Foreveralones.
[Reply]
Page 9 of 22
« First < 56789 1011121319 > Last »
Up