ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 22
« First < 34567 89101117 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Do you take your hat off at the dinner table?
petegz28 09:11 PM 07-31-2021
It never ceases to amaze me when I go to a fairly nice or better restaurant to see guys wearing their hats at the table. I am not talking about some dude at lunch at McDonald's. I'm talking about a nice steak house or likewise having dinner with the family.

When I was growing up I was taught to take my hat off in the house but if I ever sat at the table with it on it would have been removed for me.

And if I tried to walk into my Grandmother's house, especially the kitchen, the hat was removed for me without me being asked to take it off.

Do you take your hat off at the table?
[Reply]
Bugeater 12:20 AM 08-01-2021
Originally Posted by eDave:
Oh yea. I reject labels.
GenXers kick fucking ass. Don't reject that label, wear it with pride.
[Reply]
srvy 12:22 AM 08-01-2021
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Yes, I’ll take my hat off if someone cooks and serves me food. A reasonable excuse not to would be if I was outdoors and it was pouring rain/snow.

If I cook it, and I’m in a camp, I might leave my hat on. Is. That really so difficult to understand?
That is fine except for the part of judging others for not removing theirs. That heathen dining with terminal cancer going through chemo to hell with that loser. Am I right?
[Reply]
cosmo20002 12:24 AM 08-01-2021
Originally Posted by cosmo20002:
Difficulty really isn't the issue.
Depending how old you are, there's a good chance your dad or grandpa never wore a t-shirt or a pair of shorts at the dinner table--or maybe anywhere, ever. Do you ever do that, you disrespectful slob?
haha, never in my adult life. I was raised better than that.
Jeans are pants, last I checked.

And again, go back and read exactly what I wrote; I never wrote that I haven’t worn shorts or a T-shirt for dinner.

Never at a table indoors with my father or grandfather, as an adult. I had far too much respect for those two men and my mother to be that lazy.
You're exhausting. An uptight dork, a liar, and exhausting.
[Reply]
cdcox 12:25 AM 08-01-2021
Thinking about this, I believe hats are traditionally viewed as an outdoor garment. Wearing a hat at the dinner table could be perceived as signaling an intention to eat and run. If the people you are dining with find it within your social norms to wear hats indoors, I think it is relatively safe to wear a hat while dining. However, if other hat wearers take their hats off or if anyone suggests that your hat should be removed -- just take it off. If you value someone enough to eat with them you should value them enough not to offend them over trivialities.
[Reply]
srvy 12:31 AM 08-01-2021
Originally Posted by cdcox:
Thinking about this, I believe hats are traditionally viewed as an outdoor garment. Wearing a hat at the dinner table could be perceived as signaling an intention to eat and run. If the people you are dining with find it within your social norms to wear hats indoors, I think it is relatively safe to wear a hat while dining. However, if other hat wearers take their hats off or if anyone suggests that your hat should be removed -- just take it off. If you value someone enough to eat with them you should value them enough not to offend them over trivialities.
OK Thurston Howell the III.

I'm pretty sure Lovie will agree with you!
[Reply]
BryanBusby 12:45 AM 08-01-2021
Either way, you're responses are laughable. :-)
Do I have to take off the robe AND wizard hat to eat your hamburger helper
[Reply]
ping2000 02:19 AM 08-01-2021
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
Yes. Hat off and pants too. Like a gentleman.
Must get a lot of looks eating in your underwear.
[Reply]
bringbackmarty 03:09 AM 08-01-2021
If I'm at a bar having a meal by myself watching sports - Yeah. Playing a bar/restaurant gig - maybe. Out to dinner with just my wife, nope. Any kind of family dinner nope, school nope, church nope, upscale club or concert gig nope. I'm masking for all of those activities just about all of them unless I'm sure it's safe. Hat helps keep the Covid out your face though.
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 03:18 AM 08-01-2021
Please pass the shaky pudding.
[Reply]
BWillie 04:27 AM 08-01-2021
Originally Posted by petegz28:
It never ceases to amaze me when I go to a fairly nice or better restaurant to see guys wearing their hats at the table. I am not talking about some dude at lunch at McDonald's. I'm talking about a nice steak house or likewise having dinner with the family.

When I was growing up I was taught to take my hat off in the house but if I ever sat at the table with it on it would have been removed for me.

And if I tried to walk into my Grandmother's house, especially the kitchen, the hat was removed for me without me being asked to take it off.

Do you take your hat off at the table?
I bet you make your bed too.
[Reply]
PunkinDrublic 05:00 AM 08-01-2021
No but only because chewing food while wearing a hat is uncomfortable.
[Reply]
KCUnited 05:50 AM 08-01-2021

[Reply]
Frazod 05:54 AM 08-01-2021
Originally Posted by PunkinDrublic:
No but only because chewing food while wearing a hat is uncomfortable.
I think you need a bigger hat. :-)
[Reply]
Frazod 06:04 AM 08-01-2021
Hat, t-shirt/sweatshirt (depending on the season) and jeans are what I normally wear. If I go to a nice restaurant where I won't wear jeans and a t-shirt, I don't wear a hat.

Relaxed dress codes are just a sign of the times. Things have changed a lot since I was a kid. Used to bother me a bit. Don't really care now. If I'm in a restaurant, I'm annoyed by people who are loud, stink or have unruly kids. What they're wearing doesn't really factor in.
[Reply]
SuperBowl4 06:13 AM 08-01-2021
No. Just my shoes
[Reply]
Page 7 of 22
« First < 34567 89101117 > Last »
Up