ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 22
« First < 23456 7891016 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Do you take your hat off at the dinner table?
petegz28 09:11 PM 07-31-2021
It never ceases to amaze me when I go to a fairly nice or better restaurant to see guys wearing their hats at the table. I am not talking about some dude at lunch at McDonald's. I'm talking about a nice steak house or likewise having dinner with the family.

When I was growing up I was taught to take my hat off in the house but if I ever sat at the table with it on it would have been removed for me.

And if I tried to walk into my Grandmother's house, especially the kitchen, the hat was removed for me without me being asked to take it off.

Do you take your hat off at the table?
[Reply]
srvy 11:57 PM 07-31-2021
Do you remove your hat to eat a dog at a hotdog stand? You have to be aware of your elements. Damn that food truck has some tasty-looking burritos. Oh, but where will I put my hat when I stand here to eat. You're better than this Megatron. Surely you have awareness of your elements and act appropriately.

Honestly the people that cook your meal and serve your food will respect you more if you treat them well and tip them well for good service. I doubt they will even notice what you wear of if you have a hat on your head.
[Reply]
cosmo20002 11:58 PM 07-31-2021
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Actually, I never said anything specifically about shorts. But again, you're incapable of basic discernment, so your misapprehension is predictable. maybe you should take a basic "intro to understanding the English language" class, instead of yet another "let me parrot whatever my fellow Dims want me to say" indoctrination course? you know, just so you might actually begin to understand what I'm writing?

Oh, right; you can't be bothered to make the effort to take a 2 oz. piece of cloth off your head. Actually using your brain might strain something. nevermind.
Really? You said you've never in your adult life worn shorts or a t-shirt at a table because you were raised better than that.
How were you raised regarding lying? I mean, you just said it and you're claiming you didn't.

Why are you now bringing politics into this? You're getting desperate.
Look, if you want to be that uptight prick grumbling about hippies wearing their and shorts and t-shirts, that's fine...

How about jeans? Do those make you angry?:-)
[Reply]
Megatron96 11:59 PM 07-31-2021
Originally Posted by srvy:
Do you remove your hat to eat a dog at a hotdog stand? You have to be aware of your elements. Damn that food truck has some tasty-looking burritos. Oh, but where will I put my hat when I stand here to eat. You're better than this Megatron. Surely you have awareness of your elements and act appropriately.

Honestly the people that cook your meal and serve your food will respect you more if you treat them well and tip them well for good service. I doubt they will even notice what you wear of if you have a hat on your head.
You must’ve missed the part where I wrote “indoors.” At a dinner table.
[Reply]
srvy 12:01 AM 08-01-2021
Originally Posted by cdcox:
I find most hats to be uncomfortable, and only wear them for specific purposes, when the disadvantage of not wearing a hat significantly outweighs the discomfort.

1. It is cold as hell and I need to keep my head warm. Usually I will wear a hood attached to my coat for this purpose.
2. Protection from the sun. I have a wide brim Tilley for this purpose.
3. Protection from rain when an umbrella isn't appropriate. I have a wide brim Tilley for this purpose.
4. Going to the grocery store on a weekend when I don't shower and want to hide my bed hair. A baseball cap works here, but so does the Tilley. The Tilley is more comfortable and more stylish to boot.
5. As a faculty member, I attend commencement twice a year and wear a cap as part of the regalia.

I never would even think of wearing a hat in my own home or when going to a restaurant.
Yeah wear a hard hat in the heat I bet you learn to put a hat on when you take it off to get a meal out instead of a sack lunch.
[Reply]
Beef Supreme 12:02 AM 08-01-2021
Why is it rude? Give me a reason.
[Reply]
ClevelandBronco 12:02 AM 08-01-2021
I respect an individual’s choice of pronouns and I take my hat off at the table. I’m versatile like that. Sometimes the self discipline of showing respect in trivial matters is nothing more than necessary training for showing respect in more consequential ones.
[Reply]
srvy 12:04 AM 08-01-2021
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
You must’ve missed the part where I wrote “indoors.” At a dinner table.
You also stated your remove your hat out of respect for the people that cook and serve your food. So what is it here?
[Reply]
cosmo20002 12:05 AM 08-01-2021
Originally Posted by Beef Supreme:
Why is it rude? Give me a reason.
Because someone a long time ago said so.
[Reply]
Bugeater 12:06 AM 08-01-2021
Originally Posted by eDave:
We are pre-boomers, Megatron. You more pre than me. I'm on the cusp.
Gen X goddamnit! Why do people always forget about Gen X?
[Reply]
cdcox 12:06 AM 08-01-2021
Yeah wear a hard hat in the heat I bet you learn to put a hat on when you take it off to get a meal out instead of a sack lunch.
I do wear a hard hat when overhead danger lurks. But that isn't very often.
[Reply]
Megatron96 12:06 AM 08-01-2021
Originally Posted by cosmo20002:
Really? You said you've never in your adult life worn shorts or a t-shirt at a table because you were raised better than that.
How were you raised regarding lying? I mean, you just said it and you're claiming you didn't.

Why are you now bringing politics into this? You're getting desperate.
Look, if you want to be that uptight prick grumbling about hippies wearing their and shorts and t-shirts, that's fine...

How about jeans? Do those make you angry?:-)
Jeans are pants, last I checked.

And again, go back and read exactly what I wrote; I never wrote that I haven’t worn shorts or a T-shirt for dinner.

Never at a table indoors with my father or grandfather, as an adult. I had far too much respect for those two men and my mother to be that lazy.
[Reply]
Megatron96 12:11 AM 08-01-2021
You also stated your remove your hat out of respect for the people that cook and serve your food. So what is it here?
Yes, I’ll take my hat off if someone cooks and serves me food. A reasonable excuse not to would be if I was outdoors and it was pouring rain/snow.

If I cook it, and I’m in a camp, I might leave my hat on. Is. That really so difficult to understand?
[Reply]
Beef Supreme 12:13 AM 08-01-2021
Wearing rings around your neck is a symbol of beauty and elegance.

Wearing a hat at the dinner table is rude and disrespectful.

These two things affect me equally.
[Reply]
eDave 12:14 AM 08-01-2021
Originally Posted by Bugeater:
Gen X goddamnit! Why do people always forget about Gen X?
Oh yea. I reject labels.
[Reply]
srvy 12:19 AM 08-01-2021
Originally Posted by cdcox:
I do wear a hard hat when overhead danger lurks. But that isn't very often.
Well I wear one nearly every day if I am on a construction site. I know full well that hard hats won't protect me from a falling beam or an ironworker's steel bull pin that falls 20 stories much less 2 stories. Alas OSHA tells me I have to. I also wear a hat out in the sun not that I love to but it keeps the sun from scorching my bare scalp. It serves a useful purpose and I prefer to keep it on as to reveal a hat and sweat head. Much like you prefer to take a shower in the morning and shampoo so you don't go through the day with a bed head.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 22
« First < 23456 7891016 > Last »
Up