ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 22
< 12345 678915 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Do you take your hat off at the dinner table?
petegz28 09:11 PM 07-31-2021
It never ceases to amaze me when I go to a fairly nice or better restaurant to see guys wearing their hats at the table. I am not talking about some dude at lunch at McDonald's. I'm talking about a nice steak house or likewise having dinner with the family.

When I was growing up I was taught to take my hat off in the house but if I ever sat at the table with it on it would have been removed for me.

And if I tried to walk into my Grandmother's house, especially the kitchen, the hat was removed for me without me being asked to take it off.

Do you take your hat off at the table?
[Reply]
Megatron96 11:11 PM 07-31-2021
Originally Posted by cosmo20002:
Ok, now we're getting somewhere. Square olde tyme boomer (or maybe pre-boomer?) who has never worn shorts or a t-shirt at a table also thinks hats are disrespectful. If not an olde tymer, just an uptight dork.
I'm 52, which makes me a post-boomer(?) Whatever. Not terribly important to me. As for my father, he was born in 1938. in Manchuria. Look up what was going in on in Korea around that tine, shitstick.

As for my grandfather (my father's father), he disappeared when my father was about 10; arrested by the Chicom 'police' for "subversive" acts (he was a Baptist minister).

And yet, somehow my father managed to teach me proper manners.

What's your paltry, lazy-ass excuse? Oh right; you're 'progressive.'

'nuff said, I suppose. Just another word for "I'm a lazy ass bitch."
[Reply]
eDave 11:13 PM 07-31-2021
We are pre-boomers, Megatron. You more pre than me. I'm on the cusp.
[Reply]
Megatron96 11:16 PM 07-31-2021
Originally Posted by eDave:
Pre-boomer. Whatever. I know how to behave. Guess that's a sin these days.
[Reply]
cosmo20002 11:16 PM 07-31-2021
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
I'm 52, which makes me a post-boomer(?) Whatever. Not terribly important to me. As for my father, he was born in 1938. in Manchuria. Look up what was going in on in Korea around that tine, shitstick.

As for my grandfather (my father's father), he disappeared when my father was about 10; arrested by the Chicom 'police' for "subversive" acts (he was a Baptist minister).

And yet, somehow my father managed to teach me proper manners.

What's your paltry, lazy-ass excuse? Oh right; you're 'progressive.'

'nuff said, I suppose. Just another word for "I'm a lazy ass bitch."
Get a grip, dork. You think shorts are disrespectful.
You're just an uptight nerd.
[Reply]
Megatron96 11:19 PM 07-31-2021
Get a grip, dork. You think shorts are disrespectful. You're just an uptight nerd.
Oooooh, I'm an "uptight nerd." How awful. Whatever will I do?

Oh right, I'll just keep on keeping on. At Least I know how to behave properly.

You're just an ill-mannered cunt. Enjoy that.
[Reply]
cosmo20002 11:25 PM 07-31-2021
Oooooh, I'm an "uptight nerd." How awful. Whatever will I do?

Oh right, I'll just keep on keeping on. At Least I know how to behave properly.

You're just an ill-mannered ****. Enjoy that.
That doesn't seem like very good manners.
[Reply]
Beef Supreme 11:26 PM 07-31-2021
Who the fuck made these rules, and why should I give a shit? If I am wearing a hat, I am going to fucking wear it. I'm not going to wear a hat to a wedding or anything, but I might just wear one to the local steakhouse. If I have to dress up for something, I'm not wearing a fucking hat. But I can eat just fine while I'm wearing one.
[Reply]
eDave 11:28 PM 07-31-2021
I don't think it applies to cowboy hats either.
[Reply]
stevieray 11:30 PM 07-31-2021
Manners and etiquette?

You're kidding, right?

I'm oft surprised how people don't wear the proper attire for the situation, such as a job interview, funeral or appearing in court.

I'd bet a lot don't wash their hands before a meal.

:-)
[Reply]
Megatron96 11:36 PM 07-31-2021
That doesn't seem like very good manners.

Doesn't 'seem'?

You have no idea what are good manners and what aren't. Maybe you should just shut up about that which you know nothing about.

Oh, right; then you'd have absolutely nothing to say.

Can't have that, I suppose.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 11:39 PM 07-31-2021
Originally Posted by eDave:
If you were peeing next to me I'd take a look over
[Reply]
cosmo20002 11:43 PM 07-31-2021
Doesn't 'seem'?

You have no idea what are good manners and what aren't. Maybe you should just shut up about that which you know nothing about.

Oh, right; then you'd have absolutely nothing to say.

Can't have that, I suppose.
Just to be clear, you think shorts are disrespectful.
[Reply]
Megatron96 11:50 PM 07-31-2021
Just to be clear, you think shorts are disrespectful.
Actually, I never said anything specifically about shorts. But again, you're incapable of basic discernment, so your misapprehension is predictable. maybe you should take a basic "intro to understanding the English language" class, instead of yet another "let me parrot whatever my fellow Dims want me to say" indoctrination course? you know, just so you might actually begin to understand what I'm writing?

Oh, right; you can't be bothered to make the effort to take a 2 oz. piece of cloth off your head. Actually using your brain might strain something. nevermind.
[Reply]
morphius 11:52 PM 07-31-2021
Originally Posted by srvy:
I think I don't eat at the same 5-star restaurants. My guys come out of the field wet with sweat we go to a cafe wash our hands and face sit down and order. We don't take off our hats to reveal our sweat heads as a common courtesy to the other patrons.
It I'm going somewhere nice I will prepare my hair and not wear a hat, but showing my hat hair is much worse than wearing the hat.

Sent from my motorola one action using Tapatalk
[Reply]
cdcox 11:54 PM 07-31-2021
I find most hats to be uncomfortable, and only wear them for specific purposes, when the disadvantage of not wearing a hat significantly outweighs the discomfort.

1. It is cold as hell and I need to keep my head warm. Usually I will wear a hood attached to my coat for this purpose.
2. Protection from the sun. I have a wide brim Tilley for this purpose.
3. Protection from rain when an umbrella isn't appropriate. I have a wide brim Tilley for this purpose.
4. Going to the grocery store on a weekend when I don't shower and want to hide my bed hair. A baseball cap works here, but so does the Tilley. The Tilley is more comfortable and more stylish to boot.
5. As a faculty member, I attend commencement twice a year and wear a cap as part of the regalia.

I never would even think of wearing a hat in my own home or when going to a restaurant.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 22
< 12345 678915 > Last »
Up