ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 22
< 1234 567814 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Do you take your hat off at the dinner table?
petegz28 09:11 PM 07-31-2021
It never ceases to amaze me when I go to a fairly nice or better restaurant to see guys wearing their hats at the table. I am not talking about some dude at lunch at McDonald's. I'm talking about a nice steak house or likewise having dinner with the family.

When I was growing up I was taught to take my hat off in the house but if I ever sat at the table with it on it would have been removed for me.

And if I tried to walk into my Grandmother's house, especially the kitchen, the hat was removed for me without me being asked to take it off.

Do you take your hat off at the table?
[Reply]
BryanBusby 10:34 PM 07-31-2021
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
:-)
I suppose i should try to understand that the average millennial just doesn't understand the simple concept of 'respect.'

Someone took the time and effort to put together a meal for you, dipstick. Taking your hat off is a sign of respect for those that provided a meal for you. t's also a sign of respect for those that you're having a meal with.

JC, I can't believe that anyone would have to explain such a simple concept.
Wouldn't it be respectful to keep the hat on so your hair stays out of the food?
[Reply]
eDave 10:35 PM 07-31-2021
Originally Posted by cosmo20002:
After the Earp's took over, they weren't even allowed in city limits.
That worked out great!
[Reply]
Megatron96 10:37 PM 07-31-2021
Originally Posted by srvy:
Do you take your hat off in a pizza parlor fast food restaurant picnic? I think you are going a little overboard on this rule.
Yep, I take my hat off whenever I'm inside and sitting down to a meal. i know; it's incredibly difficult to do so. I think i've sprained my wrist hundreds of times attempting to take off my 2 oz. hat. Good God, it's just so damned hard to lift a bit of cloth off my head. What was i thinking?
[Reply]
cosmo20002 10:38 PM 07-31-2021
:-)
I suppose i should try to understand that the average millennial just doesn't understand the simple concept of 'respect.'

Someone took the time and effort to put together a meal for you, dipstick. Taking your hat off is a sign of respect for those that provided a meal for you. t's also a sign of respect for those that you're having a meal with.

JC, I can't believe that anyone would have to explain such a simple concept.
Not necessarily true. Could be eating take out from KFC.
I'm not a millennial, but I just don't connect hat-wearing with disrespect.
Maybe you're just a delicate (and perhaps unbalanced) snowflake who for some reason feels disrespected if someone is wearing a hat.

Is it really worse to be sitting at a table with a hat vs sitting at a table with disheveled hair?
[Reply]
Megatron96 10:39 PM 07-31-2021
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
Wouldn't it be respectful to keep the hat on so your hair stays out of the food?
Maybe you should do a search and figure out why decent people take their hats off at the dinner table. I know; it's really hard, but I think you can do it.
[Reply]
TribalElder 10:43 PM 07-31-2021
Not if it's my Beaver hat
[Reply]
srvy 10:44 PM 07-31-2021
I think I don't eat at the same 5-star restaurants. My guys come out of the field wet with sweat we go to a cafe wash our hands and face sit down and order. We don't take off our hats to reveal our sweat heads as a common courtesy to the other patrons.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 10:45 PM 07-31-2021
Maybe you should do a search and figure out why decent people take their hats off at the dinner table. I know; it's really hard, but I think you can do it.
I mean I could or I could keep replying so that you have an unlimited opportunity to be a condescending cunt.
[Reply]
Megatron96 10:45 PM 07-31-2021
Not necessarily true. Could be eating take out from KFC.
I'm not a millennial, but I just don't connect hat-wearing with disrespect.
Maybe you're just a delicate (and perhaps unbalanced) snowflake who for some reason feels disrespected if someone is wearing a hat.

Is it really worse to be sitting at a table with a hat vs sitting at a table with disheveled hair?
Blahblahblah.

And let's not get confused; you're far more of a snowflake than I. Plus, someone (your mother) bought you that chicken dinner, so you could show respect for that.

it's a cinch that you didn't pay for the meal, right?

you'd have to have a decent job (haha), and then you'd have to have the inclination to actually pay for anyone else's food (rofl), neither of which is ever going to happen, right?

i just happen to know a lot more about respect and proper manners than you. Comes from being raised by actual parents.
[Reply]
cosmo20002 10:47 PM 07-31-2021
Yep, I take my hat off whenever I'm inside and sitting down to a meal. i know; it's incredibly difficult to do so. I think i've sprained my wrist hundreds of times attempting to take off my 2 oz. hat. Good God, it's just so damned hard to lift a bit of cloth off my head. What was i thinking?
Difficulty really isn't the issue.
Depending how old you are, there's a good chance your dad or grandpa never wore a t-shirt or a pair of shorts at the dinner table--or maybe anywhere, ever. Do you ever do that, you disrespectful slob?
[Reply]
Megatron96 10:47 PM 07-31-2021
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
I mean I could or I could keep replying so that you have an unlimited opportunity to be an condescending cunt.
Either way, you're responses are laughable. :-)
[Reply]
Megatron96 10:48 PM 07-31-2021
Difficulty really isn't the issue.
Depending how old you are, there's a good chance your dad or grandpa never wore a t-shirt or a pair of shorts at the dinner table--or maybe anywhere, ever. Do ever do that, you disrespectful slob?
haha, never in my adult life. I was raised better than that.
[Reply]
cosmo20002 11:02 PM 07-31-2021
haha, never in my adult life. I was raised better than that.
Ok, now we're getting somewhere. Square olde tyme boomer (or maybe pre-boomer?) who has never worn shorts or a t-shirt at a table also thinks hats are disrespectful. If not an olde tymer, just an uptight dork.
[Reply]
ClevelandBronco 11:03 PM 07-31-2021
You take your hat off or you get away from the damn table.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 11:07 PM 07-31-2021
I whip my dick out at the dinner table
[Reply]
Page 4 of 22
< 1234 567814 > Last »
Up