ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 22 of 22
« First < 121819202122
Nzoner's Game Room>Do you take your hat off at the dinner table?
petegz28 09:11 PM 07-31-2021
It never ceases to amaze me when I go to a fairly nice or better restaurant to see guys wearing their hats at the table. I am not talking about some dude at lunch at McDonald's. I'm talking about a nice steak house or likewise having dinner with the family.

When I was growing up I was taught to take my hat off in the house but if I ever sat at the table with it on it would have been removed for me.

And if I tried to walk into my Grandmother's house, especially the kitchen, the hat was removed for me without me being asked to take it off.

Do you take your hat off at the table?
[Reply]
ThaVirus 02:49 PM 08-02-2021
Originally Posted by Frazod:
I can't justify it. If it was something fans of another team did it would probably offend me. But it isn't, and it doesn't. Does that make me a bit of a hypocrite? Yep. Oh well.

I figure after six years in Navy if I want to yell CHIEFS! at the end of the National Anthem I've earned the right.

:-) It’s all good. I literally do not care either way, just find it amusing when people (doesn’t seem like you’re one of them) cry about players kneeling during the Anthem only to turn around and change the lyrics at Chiefs games.
[Reply]
Frazod 02:54 PM 08-02-2021
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
:-) It’s all good. I literally do not care either way, just find it amusing when people (doesn’t seem like you’re one of them) cry about players kneeling during the Anthem only to turn around and change the lyrics at Chiefs games.
Nobody who yells out CHIEFS! at the end of the Anthem is doing it to disrespect the song, the flag or the country. It's just a tradition that we've all got caught up in. It's nothing like kneeling during the Anthem. I'm sure even fans of other teams who don't like it can see the difference.
[Reply]
dmahurin 03:07 PM 08-02-2021
Nobody who yells out CHIEFS! at the end of the Anthem is doing it to disrespect the song, the flag or the country. It's just a tradition that we've all got caught up in. It's nothing like kneeling during the Anthem. I'm sure even fans of other teams who don't like it can see the difference.
The people kneeling also are not doing it "disrespect the song, the flag or the country"
[Reply]
Frazod 03:09 PM 08-02-2021
Originally Posted by dmahurin:
The people kneeling also are not doing it "disrespect the song, the flag or the country"
Whatever. Since I'd rather not see this thread shitcanned to DC, I won't comment further.
[Reply]
Spott 04:44 PM 08-02-2021
I can't justify it. If it was something fans of another team did it would probably offend me. But it isn't, and it doesn't. Does that make me a bit of a hypocrite? Yep. Oh well.

I figure after six years in Navy if I want to yell CHIEFS! at the end of the National Anthem I've earned the right.
Even if I wasn’t a Chiefs fan I wouldn’t get offended by it. I always thought it sounded pretty cool. I’m surprised that other teams haven’t tried it, although Chiefs being yelled in unison probably sounds better than Cardinals, 49ers, Seahawks, :-), etc. does.
[Reply]
TinyEvel 04:56 PM 08-02-2021
I wear a hat (ball cap) with a t-shirt or hoodie, but not a collared shirt.

On zoom I follow the above rule and usually wear it because It makes me look about 15 yeas younger and I work in a business where you are supposed to be young and cool

HOW DO YOU DO, FELLOW KIDS?
[Reply]
Page 22 of 22
« First < 121819202122
Up