ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 22
< 12 345612 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Do you take your hat off at the dinner table?
petegz28 09:11 PM 07-31-2021
It never ceases to amaze me when I go to a fairly nice or better restaurant to see guys wearing their hats at the table. I am not talking about some dude at lunch at McDonald's. I'm talking about a nice steak house or likewise having dinner with the family.

When I was growing up I was taught to take my hat off in the house but if I ever sat at the table with it on it would have been removed for me.

And if I tried to walk into my Grandmother's house, especially the kitchen, the hat was removed for me without me being asked to take it off.

Do you take your hat off at the table?
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 09:40 PM 07-31-2021
I typically don’t wear hats indoors.

A few etiquette tips:

Men's Hat Etiquette
Hats can be left on…
Outdoors
At athletic events (indoors or out)
On public transportation
In public buildings such as post offices, airports, and hotel or office lobbies
On elevators

Take hats off, including baseball caps …
In someone's home
At mealtimes, at the table
While being introduced, indoors or out (unless it's frigid!)
In a house of worship, unless a hat or head covering is required
Indoors at work, especially in an office (unless required for the job)
In public buildings such as a school, library, courthouse, or town hall
In restaurants and coffee shops
At a movie or any indoor performance
When the national anthem is played
When the flag of the United States passes by, as in a parade

https://emilypost.com/advice/hats-of...e-for-everyone
[Reply]
eDave 09:41 PM 07-31-2021
Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi:
Okay boomer
Ouch.
[Reply]
Third Eye 09:42 PM 07-31-2021
Originally Posted by DaFace:
I rarely wear hats.
Yeah, excepting snow gear during the winter, I haven’t worn a hat in a decade. I think it’s weird seeing 40+ year old dudes with backwards baseball caps on. To each their own though.
[Reply]
cosmo20002 09:43 PM 07-31-2021
Originally Posted by petegz28:
It never ceases to amaze me when I go to a fairly nice or better restaurant to see guys wearing their hats at the table. I am not talking about some dude at lunch at McDonald's. I'm talking about a nice steak house or likewise having dinner with the family.

When I was growing up I was taught to take my hat off in the house but if I ever sat at the table with it on it would have been removed for me.

And if I tried to walk into my Grandmother's house, especially the kitchen, the hat was removed for me without me being asked to take it off.

Do you take your hat off at the table?
No, but I likely wouldn't wear a hat to a "nice or better restaurant."
[Reply]
In58men 09:45 PM 07-31-2021
Originally Posted by eDave:
It's OK for women to keep theirs on.
I’ll put my elbows on the table too because fuck society.
[Reply]
srvy 09:46 PM 07-31-2021
My wife loves Chinese buffets I am not much for them. I like a hat with a nice bill to pull down. It blocks out the freak show taking place around me.
[Reply]
srvy 09:48 PM 07-31-2021
Originally Posted by In58men:
Oh fuck yes another way to block out the freak show. Elbows on table hat pulled down face over plate block out the freaks.
[Reply]
Raiderhater 09:49 PM 07-31-2021
I weren’t raised in no barn.
[Reply]
eDave 09:51 PM 07-31-2021
Originally Posted by In58men:
I actually formally learned table etiquette as a Delta Chi at NWMSU. We had a lady come and teach us. It was encouraged and corrected at mealtime for those who lived in the house.
[Reply]
cosmo20002 09:52 PM 07-31-2021
If I'm eating a casual dinner at home (or in casual restaurant) with family, who gives a **** if someone is wearing a baseball cap? If everyone is dressing up for some reason, that's different.

Common sense and comfort have come a long ways since when the boomers were growing up, thankfully.

You see pictures of men wearing hat and suits to baseball games, even in the 1960s. Why? Had to be uncomfortable as hell, especially in the summer. For what purpose? To look nice? For who? It's stupid.
[Reply]
eDave 09:55 PM 07-31-2021
It was the 60's, man. Madmen.
[Reply]
Megatron96 10:00 PM 07-31-2021
Men don't wear hats at the dinner table, period. Little immature bitches, maybe, but men, no.

Of course, nowadays this world is rife with little cunts masquerading as men. But that's not my problem.
[Reply]
Bugeater 10:01 PM 07-31-2021
I don't wear hats and I also don't pay attention to what other men are wearing. Ever.
[Reply]
srvy 10:05 PM 07-31-2021
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Men don't wear hats at the dinner table, period. Little immature bitches, maybe, but men, no.

Of course, nowadays this world is rife with little cunts masquerading as men. But that's not my problem.
This man does but when and where I take it off is the difference. Casual dining is just that.
[Reply]
loochy 10:05 PM 07-31-2021
No, unless the host specifically asks. I have stupid hair and I look much better in a hat.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 22
< 12 345612 > Last »
Up