Page 5 of 7
< 12345 67 >
Media Center>(He-Man) Masters of the Universe: Revelation
Tribal Warfare 11:21 AM 06-10-2021

[Reply]
Jamie 01:51 AM 07-24-2021
Originally Posted by Wallcrawler:
Falsely advertising He Man as the main protagonist
AKA not giving away the twist ending of their first episode?
[Reply]
cabletech94 08:38 AM 07-24-2021
I fell asleep watching it last night, woke up at the last 5 min of the last episode…….all I’m gonna spoil is: WHOA!
[Reply]
Wallcrawler 12:27 PM 07-24-2021
Originally Posted by Sure-Oz:
So if Kevin Smith said hey you might not see too much heman to start then you'd not be as upset? If you're a fan of the series you should atleast give it a shot and form your opinion then. I heard rumors galore and that didn't phase me. We still have the 2nd half to go and I liked how it ended the first half.
The problem here, is there should be no reason to have this conversation.

Hmm. Masters of the Universe. Main character: He Man. Target audience for this project expect to see: He Man.

Lets now write a story where you do not see much the main character that your target audience expects to see??

Yes. Do THAT.

Im a huge Smith fan, but this one I cant reason out his thinking.

Lets do another TMNT next, but only follow April O'Neil and some random cop investigating a crime wave, while showing as precious little of the boys as possible.

Jesus. Im on ****ing FIRE with these amazing pitches. Hollywoke here I come.

Edit: At least Netflix appears to be up front with their description of the show:

"After a calamitous battle fractures Eternia, Teela and an unlikely alliance must prevent the end of the Universe in this sequel to the 80's classic."

So yeah, Teela and The Masters of The Universe.

Miss me with that nonsense.
[Reply]
cabletech94 12:58 PM 07-24-2021
I just rewatched the trailer. I’m pretty sure it’s entitled “masters of the universe”. So I guess it’s not supposed to center around he-man. So not quite the bait and switch, or maybe it is. Sorry if a repost. I’ll rewatch it tonight and maybe see all the episodes awake. Don’t hold me to it.
[Reply]
Wallcrawler 01:44 PM 07-24-2021
Originally Posted by cabletech94:
I just rewatched the trailer. I’m pretty sure it’s entitled “masters of the universe”. So I guess it’s not supposed to center around he-man. So not quite the bait and switch, or maybe it is. Sorry if a repost. I’ll rewatch it tonight and maybe see all the episodes awake. Don’t hold me to it.
Its a given that anyone that liked the original MoTU, had the toys, etc...Its He Man.

So for people having no idea what MoTU is, sure.

But Kevin Smith damn well knew his target audience was fans of the original, and instead of delivering the goods, he laid a turd and mained his story with a reknowned sidekick character instead.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 01:46 PM 07-24-2021
Its a given that anyone that liked the original MoTU, had the toys, etc...Its He Man.

But Kevin Smith damn well knew his target audience was fans of the original, and instead of delivering the goods, he laid a turd and mained his story with a reknowned sidekick character instead.
Hopefully the 2nd half we see more prince adam and heman. I assume so...

Also hopefully a 2nd season where it is centered around heman and hos friends
[Reply]
Wallcrawler 02:25 PM 07-24-2021
Originally Posted by Sure-Oz:
Hopefully the 2nd half we see more prince adam and heman. I assume so...

Also hopefully a 2nd season where it is centered around heman and hos friends
Talked with my brother about this show. He got all my toys handed down and was pumped for it. If hes right, and this actually got said in the show, never has a more magnificent self troll/point proving line ever happened.

So he tells me that Skeletor says call your champion, right. Then Teela shows up, gets promptly put on her ass, and then the chefs kiss is delivered.

"Youre not the champion. Youre just his cheerleader."

Lmmfgdao if thats true, because they went with his cheerleader as the main AFTER ACKNOWLEDGING WITH THAT LINE THAT THEY KNOW TEELA WASNT SHIT.

Did that line actually get said?
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 04:07 PM 07-24-2021

As a kid and an adult I never referred to the cartoon or the 1987 movie as Masters of the Universe it was always He-Man
[Reply]
Valiant 04:12 PM 07-24-2021
Falsely advertising He Man as the main protagonist, just to get me to watch The Teela show, because you arent creative enough to market a Teela mained story on its own merit is horseshit that I willl not be supporting by giving views and helping bullshit like that work.

Maybe I should pitch a reboot of Rocky, but the story will turn out to be about Adrian running her own restaraunt and the trials and tribulations that come with being the wife of a prize fighter. Couple quick cameos of Rocky, then back to the Adrian show.

They would devour that bullshit and beg for more.

If you cannot truthfully market your shit, dont bother with it.
Well I finished what is released so far. I am hoping he takes over getting his powers back.
Manatarms is a badass though.
[Reply]
Jamie 04:59 PM 07-24-2021
Im a huge Smith fan, but this one I cant reason out his thinking.
Well, he explains what he was thinking here.

Originally Posted by :
(Smith's) mandate was to make a He-Man show where characters could actually die; what better way to make that clear than killing the show’s main hero and villain from the jump?

“All we have to do is not disavow anything,” Smith said. “Nobody’s saying, ‘Hey, man, everything you knew about He-Man was wrong.’ It’s like, no, everything you knew was absolutely right. And now, this is what happened when they finally had their epic battle — and what happened after that.”
Originally Posted by :
“It’s been interesting, seeing who truly is a hardcore fan,” he said. “Because anybody that’s like, ‘Oh, man, there’s not enough He-Man’ or something like that, doesn’t understand the show that we based it on. There were episodes where he lost the sword and he never became He-Man. It wasn’t like He-Man always saved the day. His friends helped him. That was the fucking point of the show.”
Originally Posted by :
“A lot of Part 2 is a world in which Skeletor has the power — then we get to say, ‘Well, what made Adam special?'” David said. “‘What does it mean to have the power? What made Adam the person who was most worthy to be He-Man?’ I will tell you this: Adam’s story is not done and will never be done. Not saying what happens to him, but I’m just saying the stories continues.”

[Reply]
Sure-Oz 05:18 PM 07-24-2021
Talked with my brother about this show. He got all my toys handed down and was pumped for it. If hes right, and this actually got said in the show, never has a more magnificent self troll/point proving line ever happened.

So he tells me that Skeletor says call your champion, right. Then Teela shows up, gets promptly put on her ass, and then the chefs kiss is delivered.

"Youre not the champion. Youre just his cheerleader."

Lmmfgdao if thats true, because they went with his cheerleader as the main AFTER ACKNOWLEDGING WITH THAT LINE THAT THEY KNOW TEELA WASNT SHIT.

Did that line actually get said?
Yes it was said lol. He man then came to help.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 05:21 PM 07-24-2021
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
As a kid and an adult I never referred to the cartoon or the 1987 movie as Masters of the Universe it was always He-Man
Same. Even the show was heman and the masters of the universe. That said I won't get upset unless the 2nd half is hardly heman/prince Adam. That said they are telling a story with actual stakes too. I won't be able to convince anyone to watch it that's upset but I'd atleast see what's said when the season is complete. Thing is I don't know when the second half starts...
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 05:22 PM 07-24-2021
Originally Posted by Valiant:
Well I finished what is released so far. I am hoping he takes over getting his powers back.

Manatarms is a badass though.
I feel like this will be all about him the 2nd half. I'd love to see more esp with the animation and casting.
[Reply]
PurpleJesus28 09:10 PM 07-24-2021
I really liked seeing the secondary characters getting shown,such as Whiplash,Webstor,Stinkor,Mer-Man,Moss-Man,Tri-Klops etc. Not to mention some of the stars that did their voices.Sorry,if that needed a spoiler tag.
[Reply]
Wallcrawler 10:20 PM 07-24-2021
Wow, what a shit take by Kevin Smith.

We will see who the hardcore fans are, because if you say Oh theres not enough He Man, you dont get it and never understood the show, and there were episodes where he never became He Man.

Guess what Kevin? I thought those ****ing episodes sucked too. Episodes that do not have the main character usually fucking suck.

Like, why does your project require hardcore fans to the point that they literally won't care about the total absence of the ****ing main character?

Why dont you write a Spider Man story where he's just Peter Parker the whole time? Ill tell you why, because nobody gives a shit about the secret identity. Nobody pays to see Peter Parker, Bruce Wayne, and certainly not Prince ****ing Adam.

The superhero alter ego is the draw, the reason we watch, and if you don't ****ing have it, you ****ed it up.

I watched Masters of the Universe to see He Man doing He Man shit and beating the shit out of Skeletor and his henchmen.

Its not a hard ****ing concept, and somehow it flew straight over his head.

This was a golden opportunity for Smith to showcase his writing chops and make the nearly invincible superhero beating the shit out of the bad guys have some actual depth.

Instead, he completely ****ing removed the challenge of doing that, and went with the weaker, more vulnerable Teela instead. A massive copout. Then if you call it out, youre not a fan and never understood the show?

**** off, Silent Bob.

Smith hasnt swung and missed this badly since Gigli and Jersey Girl.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 7
< 12345 67 >
Up