ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 8
< 12 3456 > Last »
Media Center>Ghostbusters!
Megatron96 04:05 PM 08-23-2020
So just got home and Ghostbusters (original) is on. Forgot just how funny this movie really was. Spit my bite of pizza out when Murray investigates Sigourney Weaver's apartment. Great stuff.
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:15 AM 08-25-2020
Originally Posted by lcarus:
You know after watching it again as an adult and as big of a prick as Walter Peck was, he was kinda right. He's an EPA agent doing his job, trying to get a peak at this clearly dangerous weird machine these guys have in the middle of Manhattan. Right off the bat when he introduces himself, Venkman intentionally slimes his hand and his suit jacket and acted like an arrogant prick. Wouldn't let him see the containment unit without "saying please" and then when he says please Venkman still refuses. Peck then says well I guess I'll have to come back with a court order and Venkman explodes and yells at him, threatening to sue his ass if he does. The only reason we were on his side is because it's Bill Murray and we like that he's an arrogant prick. Plus the actor playing Peck was good at being smarmy and unlikeable.
Did somebody get new insurance?

[Reply]
htismaqe 08:16 AM 08-25-2020
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Whose side are you on, man!!???!!

:-)
[Reply]
BWillie 09:26 AM 08-25-2020
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Agree. There are lots of 80s movies that don’t hold up. This isn’t one of them.
Is Stripes an 80's movie? My mom made me watch it the other day. Wasn't really even funny. Yet I love Ghostbusters and almost any other John Candy & Bill Murray movies.
[Reply]
BWillie 09:30 AM 08-25-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Did somebody get new insurance?

All of those commercials are so hilarious.
[Reply]
RockChalk 10:38 AM 08-25-2020
Plus the actor playing Peck was good at being smarmy and unlikeable.
He's fantastic at it in Die Hard
[Reply]
Baby Lee 11:05 AM 08-25-2020
Originally Posted by BWillie:
All of those commercials are so hilarious.
You see it, right?
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 11:17 AM 08-25-2020
You know after watching it again as an adult and as big of a prick as Walter Peck was, he was kinda right. He's an EPA agent doing his job, trying to get a peak at this clearly dangerous weird machine these guys have in the middle of Manhattan. Right off the bat when he introduces himself, Venkman intentionally slimes his hand and his suit jacket and acted like an arrogant prick. Wouldn't let him see the containment unit without "saying please" and then when he says please Venkman still refuses. Peck then says well I guess I'll have to come back with a court order and Venkman explodes and yells at him, threatening to sue his ass if he does. The only reason we were on his side is because it's Bill Murray and we like that he's an arrogant prick. Plus the actor playing Peck was good at being smarmy and unlikeable.
William Atherton.

He basically played the same role in Ghostbusters, Die Hard and Real Genius. But he was so damn good at it.
[Reply]
lcarus 11:55 AM 08-25-2020
Whose side are you on, man!!???!!

I'm on Slimer's side damn it! He didn't do nothin wrong. He just wants some hot dogs and shit.
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 12:25 PM 08-25-2020
this is like the argument that Indiana Jones was really un-needed and in the end did nothing to affect the outcome of Raiders of the Lost Ark...maybe it's true but SO WHAT??
[Reply]
Baby Lee 03:01 PM 08-25-2020
Originally Posted by InChiefsHeaven:
this is like the argument that Indiana Jones was really un-needed and in the end did nothing to affect the outcome of Raiders of the Lost Ark...maybe it's true but SO WHAT??
That is a hilarious observation that is simultaneously irrelevant and so telling about our entertainment blinders.

There's a whole discussion out there about it, but for those not familiar, if you take an objective look at Raiders, Indy didn't do a single thing of consequence for the storyline. He showed up late to all the important discoveries. He watched all tied up while it was carted around. All the 'wrong hands' he was supposed to save it from were destroyed by the Ark itself, and it ended up in a random warehouse. He had as much impact as we did in the movie theater.
[Reply]
Megatron96 03:57 PM 08-25-2020
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Is Stripes an 80's movie? My mom made me watch it the other day. Wasn't really even funny. Yet I love Ghostbusters and almost any other John Candy & Bill Murray movies.
Only the first half of Stripes is any good. Once they go off to Germany, the movie falls off a cliff.
[Reply]
Megatron96 03:59 PM 08-25-2020
That is a hilarious observation that is simultaneously irrelevant and so telling about our entertainment blinders.

There's a whole discussion out there about it, but for those not familiar, if you take an objective look at Raiders, Indy didn't do a single thing of consequence for the storyline. He showed up late to all the important discoveries. He watched all tied up while it was carted around. All the 'wrong hands' he was supposed to save it from were destroyed by the Ark itself, and it ended up in a random warehouse. He had as much impact as we did in the movie theater.
Well, except that there's no movie if he's not in it . . .
[Reply]
Molitoth 04:19 PM 08-25-2020
Prob one of the most re-watchable movies of all time.

As a kid, I did NOT see this as a comedy, but as an Adult I still think it's funny.
Such a great script.
[Reply]
lcarus 04:30 PM 08-25-2020
I actually like Ghostbusters 2 a lot too. I know a lot of people hate it and for obvious reasons, but I remember being 8 years old and nearly pissing myself with excitement when my dad told me he got tickets for us to see it at the theater.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 04:47 PM 08-25-2020

If Indy never travels to the Middle East, then the Germans likely never find the Gold Medallion. They were digging in the wrong spot.

Unless they kill Marion in the bar and find it.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 8
< 12 3456 > Last »
Up