ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3598 of 3903
« First < 2598309834983548358835943595359635973598 3599360036013602360836483698 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 07:37 AM 08-03-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
It’s not less deadly to a non immune person.

Thanks to pre existing immunity, the death rate has lowered a lot.
Delta seems to be killing the same people as Alpha. Obese and/or older people.

Has anyone seen a young person in hospital on the news who wasn't a very large person?
[Reply]
TwistedChief 07:38 AM 08-03-2021
Good news:

https://twitter.com/carlquintanilla/...26338578137090
[Reply]
jerryaldini 07:40 AM 08-03-2021
Back when the numbers were good I booked a flight to KC to visit my mom in a nursing home. Would be spending most of the day in there for a few days. I'm thinking I should cancel that. I was there in the early summer, drove instead of flight, when numbers were down. Thinking I would feel I need to quarantine after flying to visit such a place. So frustrating.
[Reply]
O.city 07:51 AM 08-03-2021
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:

Has anyone seen a young person in hospital on the news who wasn't a very large person?
Have had a few friends have to be hospitalized with it. Weren't overweight.

Thankfully they've gone home and are on the mend. But I know the hospital here has been hit with the 30-50 year olds alot more in this wave.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 07:57 AM 08-03-2021

About half the Covid "patients" are people who check in for something else and get a +PCR test.

So those people could very well be younger.
[Reply]
O.city 08:00 AM 08-03-2021
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
About half the Covid "patients" are people who check in for something else and get a +PCR test.

So those people could very well be younger.
Not the case here I don't believe. Not sure elsewhere on policy.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 08:10 AM 08-03-2021
Not the case here I don't believe. Not sure elsewhere on policy.
It seems to be nationwide.

Based on the data, I would assume all Covid hospital numbers are padded with about 50% of all patients in for something else.

We saw that with child/pediatric hospital numbers.

We saw that briefly in Florida where more than 50% of the hospital patients were in for something else.

Most places don't report for/with.

Same thing here:

So what does this mean? Of all the hospitalizations in the state of North Dakota, about 40% of them are currently "for" covid, with the other 60% incidentally "with" covid and just happened to test positive.

We should be adding this context to the US when we speak of hospitlzns pic.twitter.com/jLbYlgxk8R

— Woke Zombie �� (@AWokeZombie) July 30, 2021

[Reply]
O.city 08:17 AM 08-03-2021
It seems to be nationwide.

Based on the data, I would assume all Covid hospital numbers are padded with about 50% of all patients in for something else.

We saw that with child/pediatric hospital numbers.

We saw that briefly in Florida where more than 50% of the hospital patients were in for something else.

Most places don't report for/with.

Same thing here:

Unless there are that many emergencies for those of younger ages, they're going in for Covid illness because last I knew they had shut down most elective procedures here. So unless my friends are just lying to me, it's been pretty hard hit here.
[Reply]
Bearcat 08:24 AM 08-03-2021
The context is that hospitals are once again turning away patients due to lack of beds, a problem that never consistently existed before Covid... a year after opening new ICU units and around here, preparing to use refrigerated trucks for dead bodies.

If numbers were/are actually padded, I'm not sure why it matters all that much... demand from sick people needing a hospital >>> supply of hospitals/healthcare workers.

Yeah, if some rural hospital with 3 ICU beds has 4 patients, okay... but not so much that logic for Springfield, etc.
[Reply]
O.city 08:26 AM 08-03-2021
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
The context is that hospitals are once again turning away patients due to lack of beds, a problem that never consistently existed before Covid... a year after opening new ICU units and around here, preparing to use refrigerated trucks for dead bodies.

If numbers were/are actually padded, I'm not sure why it matters all that much... demand from sick people needing a hospital >>> supply of hospitals/healthcare workers.

Yeah, if some rural hospital with 3 ICU beds has 4 patients, okay... but not so much that logic for Springfield, etc.
Our issue is we draw from so much of the surrounding area as there aren't many small rural hospitals left.
[Reply]
Marcellus 08:28 AM 08-03-2021

Local hospital had 16 people on vents last week in their covid unit. 3 were under 25. 30 year old friend of mine who is an endurance athlete almost died from covid 3 weeks ago. 4 children locally had to be sent to Mercy in KC because of covid.

Again death is not the only negative outcome and it is effecting all kinds of people.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 08:36 AM 08-03-2021
Unless there are that many emergencies for those of younger ages, they're going in for Covid illness because last I knew they had shut down most elective procedures here. So unless my friends are just lying to me, it's been pretty hard hit here.
Two different things.

You can have an actual surge of Covid patients AND padded numbers from people in for elective surgeries testing positive on their way in.

My point wasn't about any situation in particular it was just to remember the overall hospital numbers are padded.

You can still see changes as you would expect because California/Florida are near peak season now.
[Reply]
O.city 08:38 AM 08-03-2021
Two different things.

You can have an actual surge of Covid patients AND padded numbers from people in for elective surgeries testing positive on their way in.

My point wasn't about any situation in particular it was just to remember the overall hospital numbers are padded.

You can still see changes as you would expect because California/Florida are near peak season now.
Your claim that over half of the patients were there because of a positive test and not symptoms doesn't speak to "padded" numbers.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 08:41 AM 08-03-2021
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Local hospital had 16 people on vents last week in their covid unit. 3 were under 25. 30 year old friend of mine who is an endurance athlete almost died from covid 3 weeks ago. 4 children locally had to be sent to Mercy in KC because of covid.

Again death is not the only negative outcome and it is effecting all kinds of people.

It is possible that there is also a surge in RSV and it is also there along with Covid?

I am hearing that children are surging into hospitals but that the main culprits aren't Covid but RSV.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 08:42 AM 08-03-2021
Your claim that over half of the patients were there because of a positive test and not symptoms doesn't speak to "padded" numbers.
So if I go in for a knee surgery, get a positive test on a PCR test but have no symptoms of illness you think I should be classified as a Covid "patient"?
[Reply]
Page 3598 of 3903
« First < 2598309834983548358835943595359635973598 3599360036013602360836483698 > Last »
Up