ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3597 of 3903
« First < 2597309734973547358735933594359535963597 3598359936003601360736473697 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Kiimo 12:53 PM 08-02-2021
A tale in two tweets

The #Vikings have placed Kirk Cousins, Myron Mitchell, Kellen Mond and Nate Stanley on the Reserve/COVID-19 List.

WR Bisi Johnson has been put on IR.

— Minnesota Vikings (@Vikings) August 2, 2021

Mike Zimmer just told the media they could come in early and take a look at the players that are waiting in the parking lot for their test results. Amazing pic.twitter.com/Td4ag1nBF7

— Tyler Forness (@TheRealForno) August 2, 2021

[Reply]
jdubya 04:48 PM 08-02-2021
Originally Posted by Sure-Oz:
They're messing with everyone's ability to get back to normal. Pissing me off that they bitch about freedoms and shit yet are the main reason they are getting taken away.
You are making an assumption but to explain myself I would be breaking the "Non political" rule of this thread
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 05:00 PM 08-02-2021
Originally Posted by jdubya:
You are making an assumption but to explain myself I would be breaking the "Non political" rule of this thread
I'm frustrated with people not getting vaccinated or atleast trying to get proper information to make that decision from professionals. 50% of the country being vaccinated is embarrassing when other countries are begging for it. It keeps being proven that it's working and saving lives. I can already see more mask mandates starting again and I've done my part. I feel awful for all the healthcare workers I know getting bombarded again and worry that this could cause delays again for procedures as well.

Fine, you don't want the vaccine then mask up for everyone else then if you aren't going to get it.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 05:02 PM 08-02-2021
Originally Posted by loochy:
No, the people taking away (or trying to take away) the freedoms are the main reason they are getting taken away.
Sure. I just wish that people would try to atleast do the right thing. If youre not vaccinated then wear a mask and protect yourself and others to some degree.
[Reply]
Skyy God 05:09 PM 08-02-2021
Fine, you don't want the vaccine then mask up for everyone else then if you aren't going to get it.
Lol, like those people have any sense of common responsibility and decency.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 05:13 PM 08-02-2021
Originally Posted by Cave Johnson:
Lol, like those people have any sense of common responsibility and decency.
You're right...it's def asking too much. People faking vaccine cards and getting busted now. Hope the charges and hefty fines were worth it.
[Reply]
Skyy God 05:17 PM 08-02-2021
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Why in the world does SWMO have such a low rate? I couldn't believe it when I saw it.
Lotta fucking morons.
[Reply]
Skyy God 05:21 PM 08-02-2021
You're right...it's def asking too much. People faking vaccine cards and getting busted now. Hope the charges ahs hefty fines were worth it.
It’s like the Silent Majority are now the draft dodging, card burning hippies.

The world is topsy turvy.
[Reply]
Bearcat 06:01 PM 08-02-2021
I'm frustrated with people not getting vaccinated or atleast trying to get proper information to make that decision from professionals. 50% of the country being vaccinated is embarrassing when other countries are begging for it. It keeps being proven that it's working and saving lives. I can already see more mask mandates starting again and I've done my part. I feel awful for all the healthcare workers I know getting bombarded again and worry that this could cause delays again for procedures as well.

Yeah, it's such an uneasy feeling right now. I compare it to a huge project at work where someone isn't doing shit, so there's an elephant in the room, knowing you'll have to put in the extra hours and fix their shit for them, etc.... even though there's a far better solution that no one has the balls to go through with.

And if mask mandates don't work (and already frustrating to wear them while vaccinated), it feels like no one will have the balls to make the tough, but far better solution than going straight to a lock down....
....deny healthcare, except it'll of course never happen (and not sure it should)
....deny entry into businesses/large gatherings/flights/etc. if you aren't vaccinated
....deny employment for customer-facing positions if you aren't vaccinated

And I give no shits about whether being vaccinated is right or wrong or indifferent. We can all try masking up again, which is 30% effective for actual masks and less for all of the bandanas and bullshit out there.

If that doesn't work and you're not comfortable with the most effective option out there, then accept you're a risk and shouldn't be around other people for as long as healthcare can't keep up with the demand.

It would suck. If the most effective option against Covid was to get a neck tattoo that said "NICKELBACK", I'd say fuck it and stay home, all of the tattooed idiots can enjoy sporting events and live music, but no reason to shut down the country again.
[Reply]
O.city 06:30 PM 08-02-2021
We’re weathering it here but the hospital is struggling. It’s packed.

At this point it’s all go. Get the vaccine or don’t. Life is normal.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 06:34 PM 08-02-2021
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Yeah, it's such an uneasy feeling right now. I compare it to a huge project at work where someone isn't doing shit, so there's an elephant in the room, knowing you'll have to put in the extra hours and fix their shit for them, etc.... even though there's a far better solution that no one has the balls to go through with.

And if mask mandates don't work (and already frustrating to wear them while vaccinated), it feels like no one will have the balls to make the tough, but far better solution than going straight to a lock down....

....deny healthcare, except it'll of course never happen (and not sure it should)

....deny entry into businesses/large gatherings/flights/etc. if you aren't vaccinated

....deny employment for customer-facing positions if you aren't vaccinated

And I give no shits about whether being vaccinated is right or wrong or indifferent. We can all try masking up again, which is 30% effective for actual masks and less for all of the bandanas and bullshit out there.

If that doesn't work and you're not comfortable with the most effective option out there, then accept you're a risk and shouldn't be around other people for as long as healthcare can't keep up with the demand.

It would suck. If the most effective option against Covid was to get a neck tattoo that said "NICKELBACK", I'd say fuck it and stay home, all of the tattooed idiots can enjoy sporting events and live music, but no reason to shut down the country again.
Exactly. Changing the rules until this crisis is over and control to save people from themselves and others that could be impacted should be done soon. Delta is a beast with how contagious it is and I was just ready to get back into the office till they said hold up. All this shit is so avoidable at this point.
[Reply]
Rain Man 10:15 PM 08-02-2021

Yeah, that's where I'm at. Not getting vaccinated at this point is just closed-minded. Even if a person was convinced that the vaccines were bad earlier, they should be able to change their mind now that the evidence overwhelmingly shows that it's a good thing. There's no shame in changing one's mind after a learning process, and in fact that's a good trait.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 07:01 AM 08-03-2021
Good take down of the CDC's reaction to the Ptown outbreak. Walensky has no business as director of the CDC.

https://reason.com/2021/07/30/the-pr...tes-that-risk/
[Reply]
mr. tegu 07:10 AM 08-03-2021
I haven’t paid that much attention but I haven’t heard much about delta being all that deadly. Is there anything to suggest it’s something we as a population actually need to be treating like the original? I gather it’s very contagious but if it’s less deadly isn’t that a good thing that it’s the dominant strain?

I’m just trying to figure if there’s any actual reason to justify increasing mask usage and talks of lockdowns.
[Reply]
O.city 07:13 AM 08-03-2021
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
I haven’t paid that much attention but I haven’t heard much about delta being all that deadly. Is there anything to suggest it’s something we as a population actually need to be treating like the original? I gather it’s very contagious but if it’s less deadly isn’t that a good thing that it’s the dominant strain?

I’m just trying to figure if there’s any actual reason to justify increasing mask usage and talks of lockdowns.
It’s not less deadly to a non immune person.

Thanks to pre existing immunity, the death rate has lowered a lot.
[Reply]
Page 3597 of 3903
« First < 2597309734973547358735933594359535963597 3598359936003601360736473697 > Last »
Up