ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 29
« First < 23456 7891016 > Last »
Media Center>So....Dune 2020. Cool?
Amnorix 03:03 PM 08-19-2019
I learned today for the first time that a remake of the awesome book (and decidedly less awesome early 80s movie) Dune is being made, and is currently in post-production with a release date of December 18, 2020.

The cast includes many I don't know, but the ones I do know seem excellent for their roles. It's damn near a Marvel reunion...

Jason Mamoa as Duncan Idaho (the swordmaster of House Atreides)

Josh Brolin as Gurney Halleck (weaponsmaster of House Atreides, played memorably (and surprisingly) by Patrick Stewart in the original movie

Stellan Skarsgard as Baron Harkonnen

Dave Bautista (better known as Drax the Destroyer) as "Beast" Rabban, the nephew of Harkonnen

The most critical guy -- the one playing Paul is unknown to me. https://www.imdb.com/name/nm3154303/?ref_=ttfc_fc_cl_t3

This film is also only going to cover the first half of the book, which is good. It's really not possible to cover the whole thing in one 2 or 3 hour movie.

Anyway -- I love the book and a really good film would be great. What say you about all this news? Or am I just the last to known (as would be typical, to be honest!)
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 10:54 AM 10-06-2020
Originally Posted by Frazod:
I get that. I just hope there are still theaters left at the end of 2021 to show it in. Regal Theaters are shutting down because of a lack of new movies that draw crowds.

It's a vicious circle.
What’s scary for Hollywood and theaters is what if this pandemic continues into 2022?
[Reply]
sully1983 12:41 PM 10-06-2020
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
What’s scary for Hollywood and theaters is what if this pandemic continues into 2022?
Yeah definitely something to think/worry about. We are living in uncertain times thats for sure.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:02 PM 10-06-2020
I'll be surprised if movie theaters in California are allowed to open before 2022.

If the studios refuse to release Tent Pole films as PVOD, there will be a glut of highly anticipated films released in 2022, which isn't necessarily a bad thing.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 05:50 PM 10-06-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
I'll be surprised if movie theaters in California are allowed to open before 2022.

If the studios refuse to release Tent Pole films as PVOD, there will be a glut of highly anticipated films released in 2022, which isn't necessarily a bad thing.
Universal just bumped the new Jurassic Park movie a full year from summer 21 to summer 22

Ouch.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 06:22 PM 10-06-2020
Universal just bumped the new Jurassic Park movie a full year from summer 21 to summer 22

Ouch.
Yeah Dude, this is pretty much the deal until the virus is under control and theaters can began showing movies to full capacity crowds in California and New York.

It sucks for all of us.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 06:29 PM 10-06-2020
So how is Netflix still releasing new stuff each week? They must have had a ton of stuff in the can before COVID?
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 06:35 PM 10-06-2020
So how is Netflix still releasing new stuff each week? They must have had a ton of stuff in the can before COVID?
Yes, they had a ton of content already and while filming stopped the first week of March, VFX and even orchestra's have been recorded for TV and Film scores have been going on, albeit, remotely.

The Phineas and Ferb movie on Disney+ wasn't finished until the day before it aired on August 28th and the entire score was done remotely with people here in LA and the orchestra in Germany.

Even the Hans Zimmer Pink Floyd cover for Dune was recorded remotely, which is actually pretty damn cool.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 07:08 PM 10-06-2020
Yes, they had a ton of content already and while filming stopped the first week of March, VFX and even orchestra's have been recorded for TV and Film scores have been going on, albeit, remotely.

The Phineas and Ferb movie on Disney+ wasn't finished until the day before it aired on August 28th and the entire score was done remotely with people here in LA and the orchestra in Germany.

Even the Hans Zimmer Pink Floyd cover for Dune was recorded remotely, which is actually pretty damn cool.
Pretty cool! Technology is a great thing!
[Reply]
Shoes 01:08 PM 12-16-2020
Dune article about the old film for those interested:

https://groovyhistory.com/dune-david-lynch
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:41 PM 12-16-2020
For those of you that aren't aware, Denis Villeneuve is absolutely pissed at his film going directly to HBO Max.

He's also stated that the second film of the series won't get made, at least not by him.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 01:48 PM 12-16-2020
For those of you that aren't aware, Denis Villeneuve is absolutely pissed at his film going directly to HBO Max.

He's also stated that the second film of the series won't get made, at least not by him.
That is a shame. Dude might legitimately be the best director in the business right now.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:54 PM 12-16-2020
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
That is a shame. Dude might legitimately be the best director in the business right now.
Oh, he'll certainly find work elsewhere but unless he cools off over the course of the next few months, I wouldn't expect to find him on the Warner Brothers lot any time soon.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 02:05 PM 12-16-2020

I saw that. But the film is still getting released to theaters as well.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 02:11 PM 12-16-2020
I saw that. But the film is still getting released to theaters as well.
Yeah but they know damn good and well that the turnout will be limited because it'll be available on HBO Max.

AT&T is using WB's 2021 slate of films to drive HBO Max. This has nothing to do with the pandemic and everything to do with them wanting to grow Max as quickly as possible, lest they be left in the dust by Disney and Netflix.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 02:16 PM 12-16-2020
Yeah but they know damn good and well that the turnout will be limited because it'll be available on HBO Max.

AT&T is using WB's 2021 slate of films to drive HBO Max. This has nothing to do with the pandemic and everything to do with them wanting to grow Max as quickly as possible, lest they be left in the dust by Disney and Netflix.
Yep. Gotta get those subscriptions up
[Reply]
Page 6 of 29
« First < 23456 7891016 > Last »
Up