ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 318 of 382
« First < 218268308314315316317318 319320321322328368 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>50 Beers to Try Before You Die
NewChief 06:18 AM 04-24-2010
Thought the beer snobs here might like this article (and probably critique the hell out of it).

http://www.wisdeo.com/articles/view_post/2984
(CBS) You've heard of "100 Bottles of Beer on the Wall"?

How about 50 to try before you die?!
Spoiler!

[Reply]
KCUnited 05:11 PM 08-01-2021
Her: I'm flying out of O'hare on Sunday for work

Me: I'll run you up there

Her: Really??

Me 12 minutes after dropping her off:

[Reply]
Bearcat 06:15 PM 08-01-2021
:-)

Whatcha havin' there?
[Reply]
KCUnited 06:40 PM 08-01-2021
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
:-)

Whatcha havin' there?
BA Softly Spoken Lies

To break down Mike's BA beers, the knock by many is the lack of barrel presence which holds serve here (weird tennis reference on my part that I'll immediately regret making after hitting "Submit Reply"). His flavors are always on point but they rarely have any deep barrel characteristics which to many is the whole point.

THAT SAID, he released a non-flavored, barrel only version of this called Exposed that I grabbed and will be anxious to compare.

[Reply]
Bearcat 06:54 PM 08-01-2021
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
BA Softly Spoken Lies

To break down Mike's BA beers, the knock by many is the lack of barrel presence which holds serve here (weird tennis reference on my part that I'll immediately regret making after hitting "Submit Reply"). His flavors are always on point but they rarely have any deep barrel characteristics which to many is the whole point.

THAT SAID, he released a non-flavored, barrel only version of this called Exposed that I grabbed and will be anxious to compare.
Nice... a couple of these sound great, too.

MILKSHAKE AT TIFFANY'S
Milkshake IPA w/Blueberry, Vanilla, & Maple Syrup, 7%

DOWN WITH THE THICCNESS (love the name)
Smoothie-Style Pastry Ale w/Banana, Marshmallow, & Peanut. Collab w/Thicc Bois Glass, 6%

And of course the double maple Smells Like Bean Spirit.

Fuck, I'll be right there.
[Reply]
Bearcat 06:57 PM 08-01-2021
Shit, I should have placed an order that I could have picked up in September.

Now I'm gonna have to drown my sorrows in a BCS or Untitled Art or Energy City or Hubbard's Cave or....
[Reply]
KCUnited 07:03 PM 08-01-2021
Shit, I should have placed an order that I could have picked up in September.

Now I'm gonna have to drown my sorrows in a BCS or Untitled Art or Energy City or Hubbard's Cave or....
If you follow Mikerphone and any of their releases that allow for a proxy pick up, I'll send you my name to add to your order. I'm likely picking up the same beers and we can work out shipping.

Same for anyone else reading.
[Reply]
Bearcat 07:21 PM 08-01-2021
If you follow Mikerphone and any of their releases that allow for a proxy pick up, I'll send you my name to add to your order. I'm likely picking up the same beers and we can work out shipping.

Same for anyone else reading.
So, when are you picking her up from the airport? :-)

Looks like they allow for a proxy, at least for their normal release stuff. This could get dangerous.

Originally Posted by :
Proof of purchase is required for pick up if someone other than yourself is picking up the order. Please do not call or message to add a proxy. Forward your ENTIRE receipt to your proxy. Screenshots of partial receipts will not be accepted.

[Reply]
lewdog 08:04 PM 08-01-2021
So, when are you picking her up from the airport? :-)

Looks like they allow for a proxy, at least for their normal release stuff. This could get dangerous.
I need some beer flights at Ground Control. It’s been waaaayyyy too long.

Next time you’re down I’ll meet you. I need a reason to leave the wife and kid at home!
[Reply]
Marcellus 07:16 PM 08-02-2021
You guys are killing me with the stouts. Im doing low carb so I'm only hitting beer after my weekend long run.

Did get a few of these delivered from Narrow Gauge and it was damn damn delicious. The Peanut butter was perfectly blended with the booze and chocolatey stout flavor. Good stuff.

[Reply]
Bearcat 08:39 PM 08-02-2021
Originally Posted by lewdog:
I need some beer flights at Ground Control. It’s been waaaayyyy too long.

Next time you’re down I’ll meet you. I need a reason to leave the wife and kid at home!
Possibly September if I don't get down there sooner... it would be a good kickoff or ending to vacation.
[Reply]
Bearcat 08:43 PM 08-02-2021
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
You guys are killing me with the stouts. Im doing low carb so I'm only hitting beer after my weekend long run.

Did get a few of these delivered from Narrow Gauge and it was damn damn delicious. The Peanut butter was perfectly blended with the booze and chocolatey stout flavor. Good stuff.
I put them all in my calorie counting app... yesterday I had two OHSO Morning Grinds (at 14%) and the quick estimate is ABV * 2.5 * ounces, so a cool 700 calories.

It has been helping in terms of accountability overall (not yesterday, of course).
[Reply]
Chicago_Bronco 05:52 PM 08-03-2021
Her: I'm flying out of O'hare on Sunday for work

Me: I'll run you up there

Her: Really??

Me 12 minutes after dropping her off:

I was in there about a month ago... pretty cool spot... Looking to go back... lots more to try.
[Reply]
Jenson71 10:10 PM 08-03-2021
Originally Posted by Jenson71:
Anyone drink this stuff? I love it, and I'm not particularly a beer drinker.

I can't pronounce, so I just call it Vitus.

Over four years later, and I've yet to find any type of alcoholic drink (with the possible exception of a well-made Old Fashioned) that rivals this stuff. It's like the first brewery did it best, and all other beers are just pale imitations.
[Reply]
lewdog 07:24 PM 08-04-2021
Possibly September if I don't get down there sooner... it would be a good kickoff or ending to vacation.
My God damn wife is meeting some girlfriends there right now.

I am now tasked with bathing and putting to bed the crazy ass toddler who will whine about his mama being gone.
[Reply]
KCUnited 07:32 PM 08-04-2021
Things keep trending the way they are and I’ll be down for the 2022 and beyond Ground Control meetups :-)
[Reply]
Page 318 of 382
« First < 218268308314315316317318 319320321322328368 > Last »
Up