ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 12
< 1234 5678 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Britt Reid hearing/arraignment day.
SuperBowl4 09:13 AM 06-07-2021
- Pleads Not Guilty - Update : November 19, 2021 - Kansas City Chiefs agree to pay medical expenses for girl who was hurt in crash. Britt Reid's trial date set for April 18, 2022
[Reply]
srvy 07:29 PM 06-07-2021
Originally Posted by Otter:
I'm not a legal eagle by any stretch but how would pleading not guilty to this obvious crime help him?

What is he not guilty of?

Seems to me like this is just going to make the judge bury him further. I mean, what's your recourse for a not guilty plea?
Because he knows a good lawyer can run circles around the county prosecuting attorney.
[Reply]
srvy 07:32 PM 06-07-2021
Originally Posted by Otter:
From my limited experience I've heard the courts will come down harder on you for not admitting to an obvious crime but it sounds like the two of us might as well be discussing what the 3rd trimester of childbirth is like.

Can't wait to see how they try to prove not guilty.
I think this is true. But he is what a three time loser sentence is surely going to be harsh anyway. He will put his fate in hands of a high dollar lawyer.
[Reply]
TribalElder 08:02 PM 06-07-2021
Originally Posted by srvy:
Because he knows a good lawyer can run circles around the county prosecuting attorney.
Lawyer will probably claim they were illegally stopped on the highway with no lights on
[Reply]
srvy 08:14 PM 06-07-2021
Originally Posted by TribalElder:
Lawyer will probably claim they were illegally stopped on the highway with no lights on
Yep and poor lighting. If nothing else he will plea out of serious time.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 08:25 PM 06-07-2021
He got his bond adjusted today so he can drive again with a required interlock/breathalyzer device.

This way he can drive to work, oh wait…
[Reply]
Gravedigger 08:43 PM 06-07-2021
Pretty ballsy to plead not guilty when everyone knows you are. As long as the deal isn't terrible I would plead guilty for lesser charges.
[Reply]
Skyy God 09:10 PM 06-07-2021
You guys don’t lawyer.
[Reply]
wazu 09:15 PM 06-07-2021
Originally Posted by Cave Johnson:
You guys don’t lawyer.
No, definitely don't. I just hope Britt is getting bad advice that collapses upon him in the worst possible way, whatever that may be.
[Reply]
TribalElder 09:15 PM 06-07-2021
if a lawyer could prove he was not at fault for the accident would they be able to get the dui test results tossed out?

would be interested if cp has any actual lawyers around, does this guy have a shot at walking?
[Reply]
Skyy God 09:41 PM 06-07-2021
if a lawyer could prove he was not at fault for the accident would they be able to get the dui test results tossed out?

would be interested if cp has any actual lawyers around, does this guy have a shot at walking?
He got tested bc there was likely probable cause.

The .12 BAC extrapolation seems like more fertile grounds to contest via experts, however.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 04:37 PM 06-08-2021
I am shocked by the ignorance being shown in this thread.
When my ex-wife's previous boyfriend found out she was cheating on him, I knew nothing, he tried to kill me. Once in what I thought was a bar fight where he ran off unidentified and the second time with a pistol in her apartment. When I found out she was not being truthful with me. I learned a lot and just thought it was ridiculous how the system works.
He did the right thing in pleading not guilty. At this point in time, there has not been enough information gathered through discovery for the prosecution or defense to be able to come to a fair plea.
Both the prosecutor and the defense attorney probably have 50 cases that they are currently working on, therefore their staffs have that many cases that they are also tied up with.
Each attorney will have a complete background ran and information gathered on everyone involved in this case.
The defense will be looking to see if this family has ever been ticketed for improper use of a child safety device. They will be checking to see if this family has ever been broken down on any roadway and had an incident. Their credit will be run to see if there is some reasonable financial reason that they might have staged something like this. They will also be having Britt going to a series of several doctors to see if they can use any type of mental defense to help lessen the blame on him.
The prosecutor will be doing similar things looking into Reid. As well as all financials to see about fines and possible reparations.
Each team cannot start this process until they have other cases get closed or settled from their dockets.
Therefore entering a plea of guilty now would have gotten him a MUCH harsher punishment than if he pled not guilty and let the system work.
[Reply]
scho63 04:41 PM 06-08-2021

One thing has nothing to do with the other. He was drunk and over the limit. He will suffer the consequences of that charge.

The second charge will be fought out in court.
[Reply]
suzzer99 05:17 PM 06-08-2021
Nothing like a Britt Reid hearing/arraignment day hangover am I right?
[Reply]
TribalElder 05:33 PM 06-08-2021
Originally Posted by scho63:
One thing has nothing to do with the other. He was drunk and over the limit. He will suffer the consequences of that charge.

The second charge will be fought out in court.
Currently he is only facing a DUI I think, no word on any kind of assault with a vehichle charges that I have seen.

You would be amazed at ways that lawyers can get evidence suppressed in cases.
[Reply]
mkp785 12:20 AM 06-09-2021
Currently he is only facing a DUI I think, no word on any kind of assault with a vehichle charges that I have seen.

You would be amazed at ways that lawyers can get evidence suppressed in cases.
Especially when you have the kinda money Britt has. Hopefully he's not able to weasel outta this. If the judge is a Chiefs fan he should blame Britt for our loss-like many of us do.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 12
< 1234 5678 > Last »
Up