ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 19 of 26
« First < 91516171819 20212223 > Last »
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>If the Chiefs took WR Christian Watson at 30…
kcbubb 06:39 PM 04-27-2022
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
If they take Watson it tells me they learned nothing after Hardman.

We will teach him to run routes now seems like a bad idea with a high pick.
Oh my. Hardman has always been more straight line speed than anything else. Go back and look at his highlights. Watson has much better change of direction and acceleration out of breaks. He needs to clean up false steps and rounding off routes but he has the ability to fix that athletically. Hardman is more of a straight line speed guy.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 06:59 PM 04-27-2022
Originally Posted by kcbubb:
Oh my. Hardman has always been more straight line speed than anything else. Go back and look at his highlights. Watson has much better change of direction and acceleration out of breaks. He needs to clean up false steps and rounding off routes but he has the ability to fix that athletically. Hardman is more of a straight line speed guy.
That's a lot of ifs. Which is fine but not in the 1st for me.

My last big WR miss was Hakeem Butler. Incredible athleticism. I thought if he just...

Never happened.
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:46 AM 04-27-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I just can't understand why they'd take Watson, especially that high.

Shouldn't they have learned their lesson with the development curve of Hardman? Very similar strengths/weaknesses there.
My only guess would be measurables.
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 12:02 PM 04-27-2022
I like Nate Taylor, but fuck this at 30.

Originally Posted by :
29. Kansas City Chiefs (from SF via MIA): Arnold Ebiketie, Edge, Penn State
Nate Taylor: The Chiefs, with eight picks in the first four rounds, are capable of trading up Thursday night. Staying put, though, worked out well for a team that desperately needs another defensive end. Ebiketie is known for being a speed rusher who is relentless in his pursuit of the quarterback. He has struggled at times holding his own in run support and setting the edge. But acquiring the sixth-ranked edge prospect with the 29th pick is good value for the Chiefs, who need to retool their defense with several young players.

30. Kansas City Chiefs: Christian Watson, WR, North Dakota State
Taylor: Everyone expects the Chiefs to select a receiver. After the initial run on receivers, Watson could be the perfect prospect for the new version of the Chiefs passing attack, which will feature receivers who have an imposing combination of size and speed. Although Watson never faced an FBS opponent during his college career, he tested well at the combine and impressed scouts with his performance at the Senior Bowl. This selection comes with the trust that Andy Reid, Eric Bieniemy and Patrick Mahomes will develop and accentuate Watson’s skills.

[Reply]
The Franchise 12:05 PM 04-27-2022
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath15:
I like Nate Taylor, but fuck this at 30.
Just be aware that Taylor has been enamored with Watson for like the last month. He also admits that it's a reach.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 12:30 PM 04-27-2022
You guys DO understand that Watson and Hardman are two different people, right?

Like...just because one guy's a knucklehead and can't quite put it all together has no bearing whatsoever on another individual?

And, for the record-a part of Hardman's issues are sitting behind Tyreek. At that small stature, you really want them at 'Z' so they can get a free run at the line of scrimmage. Hardman was drafted because it looked like Tyreek might be out of the league. His numbers last year were perfectly decent for a #3, and there's no reason to think they won't tick up this year with Hill being gone.

He's not been a world-beater, but the revisionist history on the guy is a bit overboard.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 12:39 PM 04-27-2022
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
You guys DO understand that Watson and Hardman are two different people, right?

Like...just because one guy's a knucklehead and can't quite put it all together has no bearing whatsoever on another individual?

And, for the record-a part of Hardman's issues are sitting behind Tyreek. At that small stature, you really want them at 'Z' so they can get a free run at the line of scrimmage. Hardman was drafted because it looked like Tyreek might be out of the league. His numbers last year were perfectly decent for a #3, and there's no reason to think they won't tick up this year with Hill being gone.

He's not been a world-beater, but the revisionist history on the guy is a bit overboard.
The problem with Hardman is that 3 better WR's were on the board.

DK Metcalf
Terry McLaurin
Diontae Johnson
[Reply]
kccrow 01:01 PM 04-27-2022

DK Metcalf
Terry McLaurin
Diontae Johnson
In retrospect.

Not too many guys out there were thinking any of these guys were going to be amazing players, especially Johnson.

Johnson was a 5'10 WR that ran a 4.53 40, 7.09 3-cone, and played at Toledo. Nobody was jumping up and down for that and people are worried about Skyy Moore and Jahan Dotson...

Metcalf was a measurables guy that wasn't all that great at Ole Miss. Might want to take yourself a gander at his collegiate production, which wasn't much better than Hardman's.

The same goes for McLaurin, who had limited college production and a fast 40 time, on par with Metcalf.

Not a single one of these guys really popped off the page. You can't just sit here now and say "see these guys were on the board!" Hardman turned out to be the worst out of a fairly shitty-looking group of receivers, that all turned out to be pretty good players in the NFL.

It's kind of like having yourself a handful of Christian Watson's to pick from and you just so happen to pick the one guy that's really solid in his role but not a really good outside WR.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 02:18 PM 04-27-2022
Originally Posted by kccrow:
In retrospect.

Not too many guys out there were thinking any of these guys were going to be amazing players, especially Johnson.

Johnson was a 5'10 WR that ran a 4.53 40, 7.09 3-cone, and played at Toledo. Nobody was jumping up and down for that and people are worried about Skyy Moore and Jahan Dotson...

Metcalf was a measurables guy that wasn't all that great at Ole Miss. Might want to take yourself a gander at his collegiate production, which wasn't much better than Hardman's.

The same goes for McLaurin, who had limited college production and a fast 40 time, on par with Metcalf.

Not a single one of these guys really popped off the page. You can't just sit here now and say "see these guys were on the board!" Hardman turned out to be the worst out of a fairly shitty-looking group of receivers, that all turned out to be pretty good players in the NFL.

It's kind of like having yourself a handful of Christian Watson's to pick from and you just so happen to pick the one guy that's really solid in his role but not a really good outside WR.
I had both DK and McLaurin as 1st round talents.

DK was oversold by some as going top ten. I thought he should go in the 20s. Limited route tree but 4 NFL elite ready routes.

Compared Terry to a bigger TY Hilton.

I didn't rank Diontae in a round but loved the player. He had that it factor and was my MAC breakout guy.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 03:44 PM 04-27-2022

DK was oversold by some as going top ten. I thought he should go in the 20s. Limited route tree but 4 NFL elite ready routes.

I didn't rank Diontae in a round but loved the player. He had that it factor and was my MAC breakout guy.
4 elite NFL routes? What bullshit is this?
[Reply]
The Franchise 03:51 PM 04-27-2022

Show posts that you had those opinions. Otherwise this is all speculative bullshit.
[Reply]
kccrow 04:30 PM 04-27-2022

You had those guys as 1st round talents? Yeah, I'd like to see that board.

I find it hard to believe you had McLaurin as a 1st rounder when he had like 1200 career yards versus Campbell who had 1100 his Junior year alone.
[Reply]
staylor26 01:03 PM 04-27-2022

DK Metcalf
Terry McLaurin
Diontae Johnson
The problem with your framing is that it’s all in hindsight. You could literally do this in every draft for every team with one pick or another.

Hardman is still one of the most productive WRs from that class.

Of course you wish they would’ve hit the HR, but talking about it like this in hindsight is just silly.
[Reply]
kccrow 05:13 PM 04-27-2022
I was curious and went looking for it but couldn't find it, so its up to you to provide us with it haha. Nothing in two threads on WRs that year.

Apparently, I had DK Metcalf mocked in round 1 and wanted the Chiefs to have nothing to do with him. LOL. The other guy I had mocked in 1 was AJ Brown. I was definitely high on Parris Campbell for KC. I liked Terry Godwin. staylor nailed Hardman as an interest of KC's. Good little nuggets of shit in there though, it was funny to look back at. Almost all of us were wrong about alot of shit that year.
[Reply]
The Franchise 05:16 PM 04-27-2022
Originally Posted by kccrow:
I was curious and went looking for it but couldn't find it, so its up to you to provide us with it haha. Nothing in two threads on WRs that year.

Apparently, I had DK Metcalf mocked in round 1 and wanted the Chiefs to have nothing to do with him. LOL. The other guy I had mocked in 1 was AJ Brown. I was definitely high on Parris Campbell for KC. I liked Terry Godwin. staylor nailed Hardman as an interest of KC's. Good little nuggets of shit in there though, it was funny to look back at. Almost all of us were wrong about alot of shit that year.
Want to link the threads? I need to go back and see how dumb I was.
[Reply]
Page 19 of 26
« First < 91516171819 20212223 > Last »
Up