ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 17
« First < 34567 891011 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs sign Raiders former 1st Round CB Damon Arnette [now cut]
Dante84 03:38 PM 01-20-2022
And now he gone.

The #Chiefs immediately released CB Damon Arnette after his arrest Friday night in Las Vegas for assault with a deadly weapon, per source.

— Tom Pelissero (@TomPelissero) January 29, 2022

...to a futures deal.

And of course we'll catch hell for a high-character signing.

The Chiefs have signed former Raiders first round CB Damon Arnette to a Reserve/Futures contract.

— Field Yates (@FieldYates) January 20, 2022

Veach special. All about former first-round picks https://t.co/OH3sIlOcqA

— Matt Verderame (@MattVerderame) January 20, 2022

Baker, Hughes, Arnette....
[Reply]
jettio 05:59 PM 01-20-2022
Originally Posted by MTG#10:
So did the ****a in question ever pull up?
I think they elected alternative dispute resolution and set up a pickleball match.
[Reply]
ForeverIowan 06:00 PM 01-20-2022
Spend a first or second rounder on a guy with character issues? No. Take a flier on a futures contract with the hope he matures and just needs a second chance? Yes.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 06:04 PM 01-20-2022
NFL doesn't give a shit. I don't like it but why should teams care if the league doesn't. Same reason Beady wanted Brown despite his bs. If you win the SB nobody even mention a players bs. Browns bs went away last year because they won. Not one mention of his shit at all.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 06:07 PM 01-20-2022
Originally Posted by Shiver Me Timbers:
Chiefs sign this guy but let Kareem Hunt go. I get it. Nobody talks about Hunt's past these days. Lesson learned. Can you imagine having Hunt in the BF healthy? AND only the uber low lives talk about the Cheetah's past issues.

If Arnette blows it up in 2022, his past will be but a footnote.
It is a low risk high reward proposition. Maybe the guy just needs some "in house" discipline. Paging PM...............
This post says it all . Spot on!
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 06:16 PM 01-20-2022
Originally Posted by R8RFAN:
He does not want to play ball he is an aspiring rapper. He covers like shit and one hit and he will have a concussion. Enjoy
Maybe he covered like shit for the Raiders. Maybe he needs a REAL coaching staff that can coach him up. Maybe he need mentors that will guide him through the strait and narrow. Maybe he doesn't need to live in a City slam full of temptation to stay out all night gang bangin.

I mean theres a HUGE difference between KC and Vegas, Between Bowl Haircut and Clark Hunt , Gruden and Reid, Mayock and Veach.

Now he can have hope.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 06:29 PM 01-20-2022
Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi:
Only thing Mathieu is signing is these nuts
That some sort of VIP package, or did Billay hook you up?
[Reply]
Stryker 06:30 PM 01-20-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
It's a futures contract. At this point, it's unlikely he'll ever make the actual roster.
Hopefully this. I watched his Highlights tape from Ohio State and was not impressed at all. He goes for the tackle but outside of that I do not see anything warranting a 1st round pick but, it was by the Raiders. Even his Raiders highlights are not impressive at all. So, with that being said, interesting situation because personally, I don't see shit. Just saying.
[Reply]
Skyy God 06:34 PM 01-20-2022
Originally Posted by R8RFAN:
Prob the pick that got Mayock fired
Mayock got fired because he was a fall guy for Gruden’s terrible picks.
[Reply]
srvy 06:45 PM 01-20-2022
Originally Posted by Shiver Me Timbers:
Chiefs sign this guy but let Kareem Hunt go. I get it. Nobody talks about Hunt's past these days. Lesson learned. Can you imagine having Hunt in the BF healthy? AND only the uber low lives talk about the Cheetah's past issues.

If Arnette blows it up in 2022, his past will be but a footnote.
It is a low risk high reward proposition. Maybe the guy just needs some "in house" discipline. Paging PM...............
I think Clark learned a lesson with Hunt. Don't release your talent till they are locked behind bars or Godell says they are banished from the NFL. He watched as Godell let the guy sign on with another club.

I doubt the questionable character guys get signed now without Clark's approval.
[Reply]
TinyEvel 06:46 PM 01-20-2022
Originally Posted by Dante84:
Yeah but that was a long time ag—-oh. 10 weeks ago. Yikes
[Reply]
loochy 06:51 PM 01-20-2022
Just have Willie Gay visit him and break his guns
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 06:52 PM 01-20-2022
John 8:7

7 They kept demanding an answer, so he stood up again and said, “All right, but let the one who has never sinned throw the first stone!”
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 06:56 PM 01-20-2022
Originally Posted by Cave Johnson:
Mayock got fired because he was a fall guy for Gruden’s terrible picks.
Gruden just didn't realize he would be the first to fall which left Mayock EVEN MORE POLITICALLY VULNERABLE for all these "thug failed picks".
[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 06:57 PM 01-20-2022
Originally Posted by Chiefshrink:
Gruden just didn't realize he would be the first to fall which left Mayock EVEN MORE POLITICALLY VULNERABLE for all these "thug failed picks".
Mayock was still singing Arnette's praises at the press conference after he was cut. He was a Mayock pick.
[Reply]
ChiefsFan123456 07:00 PM 01-20-2022
What is the Chiefs obsession of signing former Raiders that are cut because they have charges?
[Reply]
Page 7 of 17
« First < 34567 891011 > Last »
Up