ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 13
« First < 45678 9101112 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>The Official Fast Food Thread
MarkDavis'Haircut 02:17 PM 01-10-2022
Discuss your favorite chains, history of said chains, thoughts on the future of the industry, etc etc.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 11:39 AM 01-21-2022
Originally Posted by gblowfish:
Since I live in Independence and work in Lenexa, I cross the entire city every day. Here's the places on my radar if I want food fast -not all would be called "fast food" and some places aren't that fast.

Burgers:
I'm close to Freddie's Steakburger at work, also have a DQ close by. Five Guys at Oak Park Mall but I don't like getting out of my car. Hi Boys in Indep is my go to. Their double cheese is awesome. Big Boy on US 40 and Crysler is good too. Also have the usual suspects: BK, Hardee's, Mickey Ds, Jackboot in the Box, Sonic that everybody has available.

Taco: I've got a Pancho's in an old converted Taco Bell on US 24 Highway. They make shrimp tacos that are very good. Also have a Torchy's not too far from work for weird tacos. They're pricey. Mom and pop place in Independence called Tequilaeros has good enchiladas.

BBQ: I can hit just about any BBQ joint I want on the way home. I'm in close proximity to Gates, Bryant's, Joe's, Jack Stack, Zarda, LC's, Big T's, Johnny's, Lil BBQ Joint, Q39. There's even a BBQ trailer called Aunt Mildreds that's about 3 blocks from my house.

Other stuff: Arby's, KFC, Church's Chicken, Go Chicken Go, Zaxby's, Cain's Chicken, etc. I won't patronize Chick Fil A because they're fundamentalist bigots. That's just me.

I go to Englewood Cafe near my house a lot. Mom and pop diner that's great. Wonderful Breakfast. One of the best burgers in town and reasonably priced too. I like Corner Cafe in Riverside and Independence for comfort food. Another cool little place is Portia's Eats Cafe on Truman Road just east of I-70 in East KC. Very nice people and good food.
Your loss and one less car to wait behind:-)
[Reply]
F150 12:07 PM 01-21-2022
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
Culver's is all over the place. We have several locations in KC. It's fine, but I prefer Freddy's for a steakburger.
Freddys is good but they hire the worst help on the planet. Culvers is super clean, great staff and managers who pay attention. Lot like ChicFilA
[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 03:05 PM 01-24-2022
Originally Posted by F150:
Freddys is good but they hire the worst help on the planet. Culvers is super clean, great staff and managers who pay attention. Lot like ChicFilA
Culver's is the bomb.

Clean restaurant and efficient. Never have had a bad meal there.
[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 07:57 PM 02-09-2024
I miss Culver's.
[Reply]
Easy 6 08:05 PM 02-09-2024
I miss my local LJS so bad it hurts sometimes

That #9 platter with two fish, three chicken planks and all the fixings was such a glorious gutbomb
[Reply]
Frazod 08:14 PM 02-09-2024
Originally Posted by F150:
They just opened a brand new Freddy's a couple of miles from my house and we ate there for the first time yesterday. Service was excellent, as was the food (especially the burger - damn it was good). I had never been to one before, and was pleasantly surprised. It was basically like somebody threw Culver's and Steak N Shake in a blender.

I would still give the overall edge to Culver's, but Freddy's is five minutes away and Culver's is at least 15 minutes away, right off the nearest main road in the area with a fucking stoplight every two hundred yards and shitty traffic. So Freddy's wins.

As for Steak N Shake, they lost me when they replaced their wait staff with kiosks. Don't know if that's still a thing, since I haven't been there in years.
[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 08:15 PM 02-09-2024
Steak N Shake is basically dying.
[Reply]
Frazod 08:18 PM 02-09-2024
Originally Posted by Chief Ten Beers:
I miss my local LJS so bad it hurts sometimes

That #9 platter with two fish, three chicken planks and all the fixings was such a glorious gutbomb
The last remaining LJS even remotely close to me is at least half an hour away. I'll still go there once or twice a year. There are few things I enjoy as much as their fish and chicken planks saturated with malt vinegar.

I really miss Hardees, too. Several opened in my area a few years ago, but all of them folded.
[Reply]
Pablo 08:26 PM 02-09-2024
Originally Posted by Frazod:
They just opened a brand new Freddy's a couple of miles from my house and we ate there for the first time yesterday. Service was excellent, as was the food (especially the burger - damn it was good). I had never been to one before, and was pleasantly surprised. It was basically like somebody threw Culver's and Steak N Shake in a blender.

I would still give the overall edge to Culver's, but Freddy's is five minutes away and Culver's is at least 15 minutes away, right off the nearest main road in the area with a fucking stoplight every two hundred yards and shitty traffic. So Freddy's wins.

As for Steak N Shake, they lost me when they replaced their wait staff with kiosks. Don't know if that's still a thing, since I haven't been there in years.
Their turtle concrete is goddamn good too. I like Freddy’s fries a lot for a change of pace
[Reply]
Pablo 08:27 PM 02-09-2024
The closest LJS to me is about 20 mins away. Last time I went I was blown away at how much the family meals had run up to. I dropped 35 dollars on the small family meal then shit grease for a couple days but it was tasty.
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 08:28 PM 02-09-2024
Originally Posted by Pablo:
Their turtle concrete is goddamn good too. I like Freddy’s fries a lot for a change of pace
Throw some chili and cheese on them and they are even better.
[Reply]
Frazod 08:31 PM 02-09-2024
Their fries are exactly like Steak N Shake fries. I prefer Culver's fries because they're bigger.

One thing I really like about Freddy's is that they have butterscotch flavoring, which Culver's discontinued. Was nice to have to a true butterscotch malt again. Culver's caramel flavor is similar, but not quite the same.

I was impressed enough with the place that I told the manager how much I liked it on the way out. I rarely do that.
[Reply]
Frazod 08:34 PM 02-09-2024
The closest LJS to me is about 20 mins away. Last time I went I was blown away at how much the family meals had run up to. I dropped 35 dollars on the small family meal then shit grease for a couple days but it was tasty.
It is undoubtedly good for my not-that-great-to-begin-with health that LJS is so far away, since it's probably the least healthy thing on earth that I eat. But damn, I do love it so.
[Reply]
Easy 6 08:43 PM 02-09-2024
Originally Posted by Frazod:
The last remaining LJS even remotely close to me is at least half an hour away. I'll still go there once or twice a year. There are few things I enjoy as much as their fish and chicken planks saturated with malt vinegar.

I really miss Hardees, too. Several opened in my area a few years ago, but all of them folded.
Their chicken planks are sooo underrated, it obviously processed yet still looks and chews very naturally... they've got those things nailed down flat

My local suffered a fire 6-7 years ago and closed, but the building is basically still there... thinking about opening that sucker again as a franchisee
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 08:52 PM 02-09-2024
Fraud Guys....gave it a chance again the other day. Mediocre as fuck and damn garbage for the price. Single burger fries and a drink is like $30 :-) The fries are garbage so who gives a shit if they throw a bunch in the bag. Will stick with Culver's for a burger fix.
[Reply]
Page 8 of 13
« First < 45678 9101112 > Last »
Up