ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 13
< 12345 6789 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>The Official Fast Food Thread
MarkDavis'Haircut 02:17 PM 01-10-2022
Discuss your favorite chains, history of said chains, thoughts on the future of the industry, etc etc.
[Reply]
Easy 6 05:11 PM 01-10-2022
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Never been in the balcony, but my worst concert experience was there. The theater wasn't air conditioned (they've finally fixed that) and we were there on a miserably hot and humid summer night. It was fucking brutal - hotter inside than outside, and it was still nasty outside as well. Didn't help that Dokken, the opening act for Tom Keifer, gave far and away the worst performance I've ever seen live. It was like an angry old drunk doing bad karaoke. And of course the audience was mostly fellow middle-aged fat people, so the sweat stink got going quickly. Ugh. Keifer at least put on a great show, but by that point it didn't matter.

I have seen some good shows there, though. It's a neat old theater.
Oh yeah, it really is a cool looking old theatre

:-) seen you talk about that Dokken show before, the buddies I went to this show with went to see him 3-4 years ago and didn't have anything good to say either... "monstrously fat, pipes are shot"
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 05:12 PM 01-10-2022
Quik trip has great Donuts too.
[Reply]
Delaney37 05:13 PM 01-10-2022
Chipotle cheese steak sandwich from Jersey Mike's. Burger and a banana split from Braums.
[Reply]
Frazod 05:18 PM 01-10-2022
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Oh yeah, it really is a cool looking old theatre

:-) seen you talk about that Dokken show before, the buddies I went to this show with went to see him 3-4 years ago and didn't have anything good to say either... "monstrously fat, pipes are shot"
He was awful. Dude couldn't hit a high note with sledgehammer. During one of the three songs we endured prior to spending the remainder of his set outside in the smoking area, he was frantically motioning at the bass player to hit the high notes of the song he was butchering. The guy just looked at him like he was nuts and kept playing.

After the set, the bass player came out to the smoking area and was telling everybody what a dick Dokken was. That was far more entertaining than the performance.
[Reply]
St. Patty's Fire 05:19 PM 01-10-2022
There’s Five Guys then there’s everything else
[Reply]
Easy 6 05:24 PM 01-10-2022
Originally Posted by Frazod:
He was awful. Dude couldn't hit a high note with sledgehammer. During one of the three songs we endured prior to spending the remainder of his set outside in the smoking area, he was frantically motioning at the bass player to hit the high notes of the song he was butchering. The guy just looked at him like he was nuts and kept playing.

After the set, the bass player came out to the smoking area and was telling everybody what a dick Dokken was. That was far more entertaining than the performance.
Dudes always been a dick, thats why he cant keep top shelf people like Lynch and Pilson around
[Reply]
Frazod 05:28 PM 01-10-2022
Dudes always been a dick, thats why he cant keep top shelf people like Lynch and Pilson around
It amazes me that places will still book him. He has no business being on stage at this point and it should be painfully obvious to anybody who sees him perform.
[Reply]
Megatron96 06:26 PM 01-10-2022
Chick-Fil-A is currently a favorite of mine. The chicken sandwich is just about the best out there.

Always loved What-a-Burger and Steak-n-Shake. Wendy's is the best of the Big-3 burger joints.

Portillo's is a God-send; before they showed up in PHX I was seriously considering ordering a couple dozen italian beefs (packs) and just having them delivered I missed them so much.

Another great beef sammie joint is Lion's Choice (STL).

Best fast sandwich shop (chain) is Schlotzsky's.

Best fast philly (chain) is probably Charley's. I never eat all the fries, but I always eat the entire sandwich. Including everything that falls out while I'm eating.

Not sure it qualifies as 'fast food,' but Thai Chili-2-Go has to be the best chain Thai joint I've ever had. Nothing actually spectacular, but good quality Thai food at a reasonable price (unless you go crazy with the add-ons; been there done that).
[Reply]
scho63 06:35 PM 01-10-2022
Pollo Campero
MOD Pizza
Culvers
Jersey Mike's
Popeyes
Chipotle
Morton's
[Reply]
Megatron96 06:45 PM 01-10-2022
I forgot "The Coney I-Lander" in Tulsa. Best chili dog experience in the galaxy. That's right I said galaxy. I'd say universe, but that would be unqualified hubris.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 06:57 PM 01-10-2022
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
QuikTrip has good food.

Good options on the roller grills. Kitchen has some good stuff too. The Italian sandwich is really good. The pretzels too.
Protip for low carb bois- QT has good options on their computers. I always get the egg, sausage, and cheese scramble. It's only $2.99.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 06:57 PM 01-10-2022
Taco johns
[Reply]
Molitoth 07:07 PM 01-10-2022
For places around my house in NKC/STJ:

Considering Cost...

Arby's > Five Guys > Culver's > Sonic > Taco Johns > Wendy's > Freddy's > Subway > Burger King > McDonalds > Chipotle > QuikTrip > Taco Bell > Chik-Fil-A (I fucking love the sauce though!) > LJS

Not sure if stuff like Longboards count...

I want to give an extra special note to In-N-Out... which is the most over-rated shit of a fast food I've ever been to when I was in San Diego.
Fuck off with your lettuce bun.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 07:43 PM 01-10-2022
Yeah, I think its fair to say that if they have a drive-thru... its considered fast food
Limiting it to ordering it at the restaurant (not just web ordering and curbside pickup) but still drive-thru, you can get quick BBQ.

I like Zarda's thinly sliced beef sandwiches as a drive thru option when I'm in KC.

The Lenexa restaurant has a drive thru.
[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 07:46 PM 01-10-2022
Drive thru fits.

Quick service and fast casual fits as well.

Just make sure it is a chain.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 13
< 12345 6789 > Last »
Up