ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 13
< 123 4567 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>The Official Fast Food Thread
MarkDavis'Haircut 02:17 PM 01-10-2022
Discuss your favorite chains, history of said chains, thoughts on the future of the industry, etc etc.
[Reply]
Easy 6 03:43 PM 01-10-2022
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Italian beef sandwiches are really popular in the Chicago area. There are a couple of local chains that specialize in them, as well as countless independent places. Hell, even many bars offer them on their menus.

I don't think I've ever had a bad Italian beef sandwich, although some are better than others. Seems like a really easy concept - sliced beef, broth and bread, with extras like peppers or mozzarella (personally I prefer mine with mozzarella and tabasco). I'm surprised they haven't caught on in other areas, but nationally there are only a handful of places who sell them. One of my best friends grew up in nearby Aurora, and whenever he visits the first thing he wants is an Italian beef from a small diner in his old neighborhood, and their beef sandwich may well be the best I've tried.

There is a Portillos about five minutes from my house. Ironically, when I order from them I get a beef and cheddar croissant, which is just Italian beef in a croissant. Everywhere else I order the traditional offering.

That Portillos is the busiest fast food place I've ever seen. There is always a long line at the drivethrough, regardless of the time. That place must have raked in millions over the years.
First tried them before an Accept concert at the Arcada Theater up there several years ago, it just blew me away how good it was on the cheap... almost made myself sick pounding it all down but it was worth it

Its no different at the one 30 miles from me in Springfield, BUSY AF at all hours
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 03:43 PM 01-10-2022
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Yeah, Culvers is definitely not "fast." They are really good, though.

Before Culvers expanded into the Chicago area I'd occasionally drive all the way to Milwaukee for frozen custard.
I agree they are a step above McDonalds, Burger King. But its still fast food/junk food IMO.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 03:44 PM 01-10-2022
Culver’s is clearly fast food as it maintains the traditional building layout, drive thru, and process as McDonalds and others.
[Reply]
Easy 6 03:45 PM 01-10-2022
Originally Posted by eDave:
Do they have a drive-through?
Yeah, I think its fair to say that if they have a drive-thru... its considered fast food
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 03:46 PM 01-10-2022
Not much of a fast food guy anymore but I would have to say in the modern day Chick fil-A is my favorite. Their spicy chicken sandwich is unparalleled.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 03:47 PM 01-10-2022
As our palettes have gotten more sophisticated and we’ve gotten better and more advanced with cooking, I honestly can’t really think of any restaurants, fast food or other sit down types, that I eat and feel like it was anything good or worth it. I can’t be the only one that feels this way.
[Reply]
Why Not? 03:48 PM 01-10-2022
Originally Posted by eDave:
Do they have a drive-through?
I thought that but more and more places are adding dt
[Reply]
2bikemike 04:19 PM 01-10-2022
I really don't eat fast food anymore. I occasionally will have Chick Fila. When I lived in SoCal
I would hit up the fast food taco joints (they all end in to's ie. Roberto's, Jilberto's Rigaberto's) I miss the Carne Asada Burritos, Rolled Tacos and breakfast burritos.

I was out running around this morning thinking "I sure wish I knew where to get a good Machaca breakfast burrito!
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 04:28 PM 01-10-2022
Originally Posted by Why Not?:
I thought that but more and more places are adding dt
For sure nearly every place has a drive thru or they have added curbside pickup service since the pandemic started. Definitely a trend. I like it. Just order thru the app and pickup curbside or inside on a shelf. No waiting in lines.
[Reply]
Dunit35 04:33 PM 01-10-2022
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
Hawaiian Bros is the next Chipotle. If anyone knows where I can invest, that'd be greeeeeat.
Hawaiian Bros is awesome.

We ate at White Castle for the first time Saturday. It is horrible. Worst fast food I've had in a long time.

I'm guessing its drunk or high food only.
[Reply]
eDave 04:33 PM 01-10-2022
Originally Posted by Dunit35:
Hawaiian Bros is awesome.

We ate at White Castle for the first time Saturday. It is horrible. Worst fast food I've had in a long time.

I'm guessing its drunk or high food only.
Just drunk.
[Reply]
scho63 04:34 PM 01-10-2022
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Popeyes is far and away my favorite, its a crying shame my town doesn't have one... rumors been swirling for over a year they were gonna open up in our old Pizza Hut building, but so far bupkis

Loves me a Chipotle burrito, but we don't have one of those either!

And yes I must confess a fondness for LJS, the #3 platter with two fish/three chicken planks is a glorious gutload... aaand they closed down that location here about 2 years ago
Move out of the woods! :-)
[Reply]
Frazod 04:36 PM 01-10-2022
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
First tried them before an Accept concert at the Arcada Theater up there several years ago, it just blew me away how good it was on the cheap... almost made myself sick pounding it all down but it was worth it

Its no different at the one 30 miles from me in Springfield, BUSY AF at all hours
Wow, someone else on the board has actually been to a show at the Arcada.
[Reply]
MagicHef 04:38 PM 01-10-2022
It seems like most of these fast casual restaurants would rather go out of business than open a location in Washington.
[Reply]
Pablo 04:43 PM 01-10-2022
Originally Posted by MagicHef:
It seems like most of these fast casual restaurants would rather go out of business than open a location in Washington.
Not a lot of money to be made in the CHAZ district it seems
[Reply]
Page 3 of 13
< 123 4567 > Last »
Up