ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 13
< 12 345612 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>The Official Fast Food Thread
MarkDavis'Haircut 02:17 PM 01-10-2022
Discuss your favorite chains, history of said chains, thoughts on the future of the industry, etc etc.
[Reply]
sd4chiefs 03:01 PM 01-10-2022
When I visit my Brother in Wisconsin the first place I want to go to is Culver's so I can get the pork tenderloin sandwich and their ice cream of the day.

https://www.culvers.com/
[Reply]
BigBeauford 03:03 PM 01-10-2022
Originally Posted by sd4chiefs:
When I visit my Brother in Wisconsin the first place I want to go to is Culver's so I can get the pork tenderloin sandwich and their ice cream of the day.

Culver's is all over the place. We have several locations in KC. It's fine, but I prefer Freddy's for a steakburger.
[Reply]
TLO 03:07 PM 01-10-2022
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
Culver's is all over the place. We have several locations in KC. It's fine, but I prefer Freddy's for a steakburger.
Fry sauce. :-)
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 03:08 PM 01-10-2022
Originally Posted by sd4chiefs:

It's custard.

They'll run you off with pitch forks if you call it ice cream around these parts. :-)
[Reply]
TambaBerry 03:22 PM 01-10-2022
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
Funny thing is I always sub the Mac for pineapple (trying to low carb it). I'm really just there for getting a $7 lunch that doesn't make me feel like shit.
I sub the Mac for veggies
[Reply]
KCUnited 03:25 PM 01-10-2022
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
I'm seriously, horribly, terribly remiss in forgetting about Portillos

Their dipped Italian beef with roasted peppers and giardiniera is the best sandwich I've ever had, fast food or not
Good call on Portillo's. I didn't realize their footprint was as large as it is until I looked. Locations in 7 states.

Their burger is nothing special for fast food casual, and a hotdog is a hotdog no matter what you add to it, but quality, fairly fast and affordable Italian beefs seems like a market opportunity around the country.

I don't get it often but don't shy away from the Italian Beef & Sausage combo sometime.
[Reply]
Why Not? 03:27 PM 01-10-2022
We need to get a clarification on “fast food”. Fast food to me is McDonald’s, Wendy’s, etc.

Portillo’s and Hawaii Bros are relatively fast but a major step up in quality and taste.
[Reply]
eDave 03:29 PM 01-10-2022
Originally Posted by Why Not?:
We need to get a clarification on “fast food”. Fast food to me is McDonald’s, Wendy’s, etc.

Portillo’s and Hawaii Bros are relatively fast but a major step up in quality and taste.
Do they have a drive-through?
[Reply]
Frazod 03:29 PM 01-10-2022
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
I'm seriously, horribly, terribly remiss in forgetting about Portillos

Their dipped Italian beef with roasted peppers and giardiniera is the best sandwich I've ever had, fast food or not
Italian beef sandwiches are really popular in the Chicago area. There are a couple of local chains that specialize in them, as well as countless independent places. Hell, even many bars offer them on their menus.

I don't think I've ever had a bad Italian beef sandwich, although some are better than others. Seems like a really easy concept - sliced beef, broth and bread, with extras like peppers or mozzarella (personally I prefer mine with mozzarella and tabasco). I'm surprised they haven't caught on in other areas, but nationally there are only a handful of places who sell them. One of my best friends grew up in nearby Aurora, and whenever he visits the first thing he wants is an Italian beef from a small diner in his old neighborhood, and their beef sandwich may well be the best I've tried.

There is a Portillos about five minutes from my house. Ironically, when I order from them I get a beef and cheddar croissant, which is just Italian beef in a croissant. Everywhere else I order the traditional offering.

That Portillos is the busiest fast food place I've ever seen. There is always a long line at the drivethrough, regardless of the time. That place must have raked in millions over the years.
[Reply]
eDave 03:30 PM 01-10-2022
The Mint dispensary sells weed infused taco's, pizza, and various other edible foods and have a drive through. Though I think weed infused food is not very good, theirs is.

[Reply]
Easy 6 03:32 PM 01-10-2022
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
Good call on Portillo's. I didn't realize their footprint was as large as it is until I looked. Locations in 7 states.

Their burger is nothing special for fast food casual, and a hotdog is a hotdog no matter what you add to it, but quality, fairly fast and affordable Italian beefs seems like a market opportunity around the country.

I don't get it often but don't shy away from the Italian Beef & Sausage combo sometime.
Almost got that my last time there, its at the top of my list for the next trip

The "big town" 30 miles away got one just over a year ago, and it was 8-9 months before I even bothered trying to eat there... literal lines around the block from open til close
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 03:34 PM 01-10-2022
Originally Posted by Why Not?:

I completely agree, lumping "quick service" places into the fast food conversation makes this difficult.

Culvers (just as an example) is not really fast food. It's prepared fresh and you can't get a family of 4 out of there for under $35.
[Reply]
Why Not? 03:37 PM 01-10-2022
Originally Posted by Wisconsin_Chief:
I completely agree, lumping "quick service" places into the fast food conversation makes this difficult.

Culvers (just as an example) is not really fast food. It's prepared fresh and you can't get a family of 4 out of there for under $35.
Absolutely.
[Reply]
Frazod 03:38 PM 01-10-2022

Yeah, Culvers is definitely not "fast." They are really good, though.

Before Culvers expanded into the Chicago area I'd occasionally drive all the way to Milwaukee for frozen custard.
[Reply]
eDave 03:39 PM 01-10-2022

I think they call that good food fast.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 13
< 12 345612 > Last »
Up