ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 19
< 1234 567814 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Health watch: Tyreek, Travis, Darrell, Byron & Clyde
Dante84 06:29 PM 01-08-2022
Need the boys to get right.

Bye would help a ton.

As of Friday, 1/14: Clyde out, everyone else should be active, although Darrel is listed as "Questionable."

Originally Posted by siberian khatru:

[Reply]
2bikemike 10:49 AM 01-09-2022
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
He hurt his toe on that shitty field.
Got it thanks!
[Reply]
Chris Meck 10:55 AM 01-09-2022
Why are we so worried about pass blocking from our RB's? It's not like anyone EVER blitzes Mahomes. Backs NEVER stay in. What's the big deal?

We chip a lot with the back on their way to the flat to help Wylie (might've been nice to have done a little of that in the SB) but you can't tell me an NFL running back can't do that, I don't care who they are.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:58 AM 01-09-2022
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Why are we so worried about pass blocking from our RB's? It's not like anyone EVER blitzes Mahomes. Backs NEVER stay in. What's the big deal?
It's a huge deal.

On that 4th and 1 play to Tyreek yesterday, McKinnon had to block the free rusher, to get his hands down, so Mahomes could get the throw out.

Mahomes does still get blitzed, just not as much.

Having the RB in as a blocker allows you to chip one of the DEs too.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 11:04 AM 01-09-2022
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
It's a huge deal.

On that 4th and 1 play to Tyreek yesterday, McKinnon had to block the free rusher, to get his hands down, so Mahomes could get the throw out.

Mahomes does still get blitzed, just not as much.

Having the RB in as a blocker allows you to chip one of the DEs too.
Ok, maybe in certain situations, like 4th and 1, but it seems like more talented guys can't get on the field because they don't pass block well. And we just rarely use them that way.

I mentioned the chip blocks, but christ man, that's not a huge deal. Any back in the NFL can chip a DE a little on their way to the flat.

I just think this team has been WAY too concerned with it.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:08 AM 01-09-2022
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Ok, maybe in certain situations, like 4th and 1, but it seems like more talented guys can't get on the field because they don't pass block well. And we just rarely use them that way.

I mentioned the chip blocks, but christ man, that's not a huge deal. Any back in the NFL can chip a DE a little on their way to the flat.

I just think this team has been WAY too concerned with it.
It only takes one hit to wreck our season.

The offense right now can't afford to have a bad play. They need DW back there.
[Reply]
dirk digler 12:17 PM 01-10-2022

"We're anticipating he's going to be OK to go," Chiefs coach Andy Reid said on WR Tyreek Hill, who was limited Saturday with a sore heel.

— Herbie Teope (@HerbieTeope) January 10, 2022

[Reply]
dirk digler 12:18 PM 01-10-2022

"It's still a little tender, but he's working through that and we'll see how it goes this week...I'd anticipate him going."

- Coach Reid on Darrel Williams, who sustained a toe injury against the Broncos

— Matt McMullen (@KCChiefs_Matt) January 10, 2022

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 01:32 PM 01-10-2022

Tyreek Hill’s heel is sore, and the #chiefs are right now anticipating him being ok. https://t.co/kiNIKPBSsn

— James Palmer (@JamesPalmerTV) January 10, 2022

[Reply]
FloridaMan88 01:39 PM 01-10-2022
The Chiefs would not have put Tyreek back in the game on Saturday if his heel injury was serious.

He good.
[Reply]
dirk digler 02:00 PM 01-10-2022
Sounds like CEH is going to do some work this week but the way Reid talked probably questionable to play. No big loss anyway.
[Reply]
dirk digler 02:02 PM 01-10-2022
http://chiefsdigest.com/chiefs-tyree...afc-wild-card/

Originally Posted by :
Reid also dismissed any issues regarding tight end Travis Kelce and linebacker Willie Gay, both of whom showed signs of discomfort during the fourth quarter of Sunday’s win over Denver.

The Chiefs could also be close to getting back three other players this week for the postseason run. Defensive end Joshua Kaindoh was designated to return from injured on Dec. 22 and his three-week practice clock expires this week. He suffered a high-ankle sprain in Week 4 against Philadelphia.

Kaindoh is expected to return to the active roster in the next few days. The club currently has an open position after placing offensive lineman Lucas Niang on injured reserve on Friday.

Last week the team designated cornerback Chris Lammons (ankle) and defensive tackle Khalen Saunders (knee) to return from injured reserve. Both players still have two weeks remaining in their practice windows but are eligible to return at any time. The club would have to make a roster move for either Lammons or Saunders to rejoin the active roster.

[Reply]
Meatloaf 02:05 PM 01-10-2022
Since someone(s) made mention of the pass-blocking capabilities of our RBs, and how DW is better than McKinnon at pass-blocking, I thought I'd look it up. Of course, the "Bible" of all football things is PFF, so I used that. And yes, I know many of you totally disdain said site, but it is what it is, so believe it or not.

Anyway, they gave DWilliams a PBlk rating of 36.5, CEH with 45.3, McKinnon with 84.0 and Burton with 83.9. I must say, that with my own eyes, I do think McKinnon is our best pass-blocking back. And yes, I'm surprised DW is so low.

Just thought I'd toss this out there for your heart-felt consideration.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 02:11 PM 01-10-2022
That is straight garbage.
[Reply]
Meatloaf 02:23 PM 01-10-2022
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
That is straight garbage.
Appears to me that you didn't quite give that appropriate heart-felt consideration! LOL
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 02:30 PM 01-10-2022
Lammons needs to get back to mercifully end the Zayne disaster.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 19
< 1234 567814 > Last »
Up