ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 9
< 12345 6789 >
Patteeu Memorial Political Forum>Biden’s ‘Infrastructure’ Bill Contains Backdoor ‘Kill Switch’ For Cars
BucEyedPea 02:41 PM 11-29-2021
Buried deep within the massive infrastructure legislation recently signed by President Joe Biden is a little-noticed “safety” measure that will take effect in five years. Marketed to Congress as a benign tool to help prevent drunk driving, the measure will mandate that automobile manufacturers build into every car what amounts to a “vehicle kill switch.”...

The lack of ultimate control over one’s vehicle presents numerous and extremely serious safety issues; issues that should have been obvious to Members of Congress before they voted on the measure...

Adding what amounts to a mandatory, backdoor government “kill switch” to cars is not only a violation of our constitutional rights, but an affront to what is — or used to be — an essential element of our national character. Unless this regulatory mandate is not quickly removed or defanged by way of an appropriations rider preventing its implementation, the freedom of the open road that individual car ownership brought to the American Dream, will be but another vague memory of an era no longer to be enjoyed by future generations.



https://dailycaller.com/2021/11/29/b...itch-for-cars/


Bob Barr represented Georgia’s Seventh District in the U.S. House of Representatives from 1995 to 2003.

[Reply]
El Lobo Gordo 01:54 AM 11-30-2021
Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco:
Such a switch in a car could be remotely hacked depending on configuration.
It is possible to create systems that are impossible or nearly impossible to hack. If these can be hacked relatively easily, they can probably be easily disabled as well.

I think people should be more worried about license plates than a kill switch. The state can use license plates, a network of cameras, and a super computer, to track your every movement.
[Reply]
BlackOp 05:03 AM 11-30-2021
I didn't read this whole thread...but I've seen this coming for years.

They will market it as a "drunk driving" protection...but it will ultimately manifest as a control device for anything they want to attach to it.

Cant afford to pay your "carbon existence credit" tax this month..oh well...no mobility for you. What...you think air is free? No...we own that now. Pay up, Pleb.

We'll control your ability to travel and mobilize... and this will be attached to your credit score once all money is digitized. You act up...peasant..we'll bankrupt you. You'll own nothing and LOVE it.

Our algorithms say you consume more than you produce...so you've been regulated to "undesirable" status and scheduled for "early retirement".

You want to protest..we'll simply remotely disable your cars and extract whatever $$ we feel like....now eat your ****ing gruel....subhuman.

What..you want to keep your guns...well, that will be $20K every month... directly removed from your account...until you relinquish them.

Freedom?...you gave that away a long time ago. Suckers...you actually thought this was about saving the planet...this was convincing you to willigly put your head in a bear trap.
[Reply]
Bugeater 07:27 AM 11-30-2021
Originally Posted by El Lobo Gordo:
It is possible to create systems that are impossible or nearly impossible to hack. If these can be hacked relatively easily, they can probably be easily disabled as well.

I think people should be more worried about license plates than a kill switch. The state can use license plates, a network of cameras, and a super computer, to track your every movement.
Uhhhh...they already have that...it's called a smartphone.
[Reply]
NinerDoug 11:25 AM 11-30-2021
Originally Posted by Taco John:
Wow. I always thought that NJ was the dumbest person on this forum. But this post makes a serious running at number one. Hard for me to believe that there are people this stupid. All the stuff that I have always considered common sense Americanism simply doesn't exist in so many people. The Communists have truly won in America.
Why don't you try answering the question, dipshit?

What is the difference between:

1. Stopping your car with a kill switch; and,

2. Spinning you out or spiking your tires?

Now go ahead, tell me how smart you are, and how "dumb" I am.
[Reply]
NinerDoug 11:29 AM 11-30-2021
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Liberals - defund police!

Also liberals- Police should be able to kill your car at any time for any reason!
Oh yes, Marcellus, that's right, for any reason!

Cops carry guns! They can shoot you for any reason! That's right. They are armed with guns, so they can shoot you, right? For any reason, right?

Is there some reason cops can't be required to obey the rules with regard to a kill switch, like they are required to obey the rules with regard to firearms?

Please explain why we can have rules for one, but not for the other.
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 11:31 AM 11-30-2021
Originally Posted by NinerDoug:
Why don't you try answering the question, dipshit?

What is the difference between:

1. Stopping your car with a kill switch; and,

2. Spinning you out or spiking your tires?

Now go ahead, tell me how smart you are, and how "dumb" I am.
Same as randomly placing gps trackers on all cars and actually assigning a police officer to track a suspect.

Do you really want to give the government the power to prevent you from driving with no effort on their part?
[Reply]
F150 11:38 AM 11-30-2021
Originally Posted by El Lobo Gordo:
It is possible to create systems that are impossible or nearly impossible to hack. If these can be hacked relatively easily, they can probably be easily disabled as well.

I think people should be more worried about license plates than a kill switch. The state can use license plates, a network of cameras, and a super computer, to track your every movement.

They do now. My last trip through Oklahoma I was on a toll road with toll gates that transitioned to the last section that if you did not have a PikePass, you just went on and they bill you for the toll based on the Lic Plate photo. It took about a month but we were billed

I didn't mind a bit they knew I was in Oklahoma.
[Reply]
NinerDoug 11:40 AM 11-30-2021
Originally Posted by Pawnmower:
you want a list?

here's a start

1)this will make cars more expensive
Possibly. How expensive?

Originally Posted by :
2) it's costing taxpayer dollars to oversee and enforce this
Doesn't all law enforcement cost taxpayer dollars? Is it not worth it to stop a fleeing felon instead of following him around in a police helicopter (are those free?)? Is it better to chase the fleeing car until it crashes into some bystander?

Originally Posted by :
3) they could be hacked
True.
Originally Posted by :
4) they could use these without others knowing or seeing
If you're saying they could be misused, sure, lots of law enforcement tools can be and often are misused.

Originally Posted by :
5)they could fail , requiring a repair
True.

Originally Posted by :
6) you could be left stranded somewhere due to failure or accidental activation
Yes. And your car can break down and do the same right now, in many different ways.

Originally Posted by :
7) you could be unable to leave your house or go to an emergency if your car was not operable
See number 6.

Originally Posted by :
8) there will be some government teet sucking losers who get jobs overseeing this garbage
How is this different from the rest of law enforcement, which has to be overseen, maintained, etc.?

If cops can only use this is the same circumstance that they spin you out or spike your tires, what's the difference, other than one is more dangerous than the other?
[Reply]
Bowser 11:43 AM 11-30-2021
We need a killswitch for dumbfuck ideas in this country.
[Reply]
NinerDoug 11:47 AM 11-30-2021
Originally Posted by GloucesterChief:
Same as randomly placing gps trackers on all cars and actually assigning a police officer to track a suspect.

Do you really want to give the government the power to prevent you from driving with no effort on their part?
If a cop tries to pull you over, and you hit the accelerator instead of stopping, endangering multiple lives, and the cop clearly can and will chase you until you crash or are otherwise physically stopped, what is the problem allowing the cop to shut your engine off instead?

Cops carry guns, right? Are those not subject to misuse? In more deadly ways?

You can trust a cop with a gun, but not an automobile kill switch?

WTF?
[Reply]
El Lobo Gordo 12:49 PM 11-30-2021
Originally Posted by NinerDoug:
Why don't you try answering the question, dipshit?

What is the difference between:

1. Stopping your car with a kill switch; and,

2. Spinning you out or spiking your tires?

Now go ahead, tell me how smart you are, and how "dumb" I am.
Suppose an anti-abortion protest is being organized that the government wants to thwart. The government knows you are a staunch pro-lifer and that you will likely go to the protest. The government could simply use the kill switch to disable all the cars of the people they do not want to assemble.

It would be impractical to go around and spike all the tires of the thousands of people you want to keep from assembling just before the protest.
[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 12:56 PM 11-30-2021
You know some eggheads will find a way to deactivate or remove any "kill switch" within a few days of its release.
[Reply]
El Lobo Gordo 01:03 PM 11-30-2021
Originally Posted by AdolfOliverBush:
You know some eggheads will find a way to deactivate or remove any "kill switch" within a few days of its release.
Most people aren't going to care about the kill switch until the government uses it against them and when they do care they won't have the time/tools available to deactivate it. You can do all sorts of things with a device like this. You can virtually fence off an area so that if a car travels into it, the car is disabled. You can have your opponents campaign bus broken down on the side of the road...which is a bad optic.

A device like this will be abused for political purposes just like the IRS and the FBI are abused for political purposes.
[Reply]
NinerDoug 01:09 PM 11-30-2021
Originally Posted by El Lobo Gordo:
Suppose an anti-abortion protest is being organized that the government wants to thwart. The government knows you are a staunch pro-lifer and that you will likely go to the protest. The government could simply use the kill switch to disable all the cars of the people they do not want to assemble.

It would be impractical to go around and spike all the tires of the thousands of people you want to keep from assembling just before the protest.
Well, yes, they could do that. They could also go around shooting pro-lifers as well. Should we take their guns away to thwart that possibility?

They wouldn't do that, you say, because it would be a crime?

Is there some reason that using kill switches to disable cars so they can't be used to drive to a protest can not be a crime too?
[Reply]
NinerDoug 01:11 PM 11-30-2021
Originally Posted by El Lobo Gordo:
Most people aren't going to care about the kill switch until the government uses it against them and when they do care they won't have the time/tools available to deactivate it. You can do all sorts of things with a device like this. You can virtually fence off an area so that if a car travels into it, the car is disabled. You can have your opponents campaign bus broken down on the side of the road...which is a bad optic.

A device like this will be abused for political purposes just like the IRS and the FBI are abused for political purposes.
Cops can be trusted with a device, carried at their side, which can propel a piece of led through your body, ending your life.

Cops cannot be trusted with a device that can be used to safely end a high speed chase.

Right?
[Reply]
Page 5 of 9
< 12345 6789 >
Up