ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: Which one do you pick?
Alabama, plus $300,950 annual stipend 22 46.81%
Maryland, plus $250,000 annual stipend 25 53.19%
Gosh, I can't decide. 0 0%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Mansionmania Tournament: Round 4, Heat 4
Rain Man 10:41 AM 11-29-2021
Mansionmania rolls along with our juggernaut Elite 8 4th-round contestants. You will choose among each pair of houses with the following assumptions:

I encourage you to click on the maps in the listings to see the general location and neighborhood.

Also, I will only enter contestants if they have a sufficient number of photos to judge, as determined by me.

Your entries in this heat are:

Alabama:

https://www.realtor.com/realestatean...1_M78699-72545

Maryland:

https://www.realtor.com/realestatean...9_M54526-03101
[Reply]
Bowser 10:45 AM 11-29-2021
I have voted for that Alabama house every step of the way. The indoor pool and garage in Maryland almost swayed me, but I'm sticking with Alabama.
[Reply]
oldman 10:46 AM 11-29-2021
Again, where would you spend the extra cash? Fuck AL.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 10:47 AM 11-29-2021
I'm going to buck my trend of favoring properties near major metro areas and go with Alabama on this one.
[Reply]
Rain Man 10:51 AM 11-29-2021
Y'know, I went into this one thinking that Maryland would be a walkaway winner for me. It's twice the size of Alabama, has access to DC, Baltimore, and the Delaware beach, and it's got a reasonably mild climate.

But I'll be doggoned if that Alabama spread doesn't still compete well. It's a great looking property and a very attractive house. I'd be paying for a lot of redecorating in Maryland, whereas I can move right into Alabama. Alabama also has a much nicer kitchen, whereas most of my first annual stipend will go toward upgrading Maryland's kitchen.

This is a tough one. In the end, Maryland is a huge house with an indoor pool and metro access. I've got to go Maryland, but I will speak fondly of Alabama.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:51 AM 11-29-2021
Maryland.

Beautiful location, enough acreage and really just an outstanding 'classic' home design.

You essentially own a point that overlooks the harbor for the Naval Academy - how cool would that be? Setting aside the obvious location advantages, this is just a great house/property.
[Reply]
burt 10:52 AM 11-29-2021
Originally Posted by oldman:
Again, where would you spend the extra cash? Fuck AL.
Have you been? There are many stupendous areas in AL!!! I could easily find places for the moola!
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 10:52 AM 11-29-2021
Never thought anywhere in AL would keep my vote like this house, but man, it just does it for me.

Plus that water looks like it is holding some monster bass.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:57 AM 11-29-2021
Bonus! On your boat you can sail up the Chesapeake, into the elk river and through Back Creek to get over to the Delaware River. Then you can take the Delaware up to Philly and get there in under 100 miles (so says my ruler and the map scale, anyway).
[Reply]
Zebedee DuBois 10:57 AM 11-29-2021
Very difficult choice.

I'm going with Alabama this round. Bigger boat, more cars, nice gardening area for my wife.

Edit: I see I got mixed up about the cars.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:58 AM 11-29-2021
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
Never thought anywhere in AL would keep my vote like this house, but man, it just does it for me.

Plus that water looks like it is holding some monster bass.
Wait - fishing is a consideration and your answer is to take the place that ISN'T on the Chesapeake?

That seems counterintuitive...
[Reply]
wazu 11:00 AM 11-29-2021
I think DJ has sold me on Maryland but it’s too late cause I voted Alabama. :-)
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 11:04 AM 11-29-2021
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Wait - fishing is a consideration and your answer is to take the place that ISN'T on the Chesapeake?

That seems counterintuitive...
I prefer freshwater fishing.

ETA: I hated to vote against the MD property, but it would take a while to fix all the old people decorations in there, and I just like the AL place better.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:08 AM 11-29-2021
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
I prefer freshwater fishing.

ETA: I hated to vote against the MD property, but it would take a while to fix all the old people decorations in there, and I just like the AL place better.
I'm literally dropping crab pots in my back yard and bringing in fresh Maryland Blue Crabs every single day.

Crab is easily the best shellfish if you're willing to do the work for the meat. Sweeter and more complex than Lobster (which pretty much just tastes like the butter you have to dip it in).
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:10 AM 11-29-2021
Originally Posted by wazu:
I think DJ has sold me on Maryland but it’s too late cause I voted Alabama. :-)
I feel like an Alabama voter should go ahead and vote Maryland to cancel out this clear miscarriage of justice.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
Up