ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 20
1 234511 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>The Best Slice
TimBone 04:53 PM 11-28-2021
It's a shame we don't talk about pizza very often here on Chiefsplanet Football Message Board. It's not too late to change that, though.

I want to hear where everyone had their best slice of pizza pie. What are your favorite toppings? Does pineapple belong on pizza? Do you enjoy Dave Portnoy's pizza reviews? What your favorite of the fast food pizza franchises? DO YOU PREFER CHICAGO OR NEW YORK STYLE PIZZA? I need answers, people.

One bite, everybody knows the rules.
[Reply]
TimBone 04:55 PM 11-28-2021
For the record, sign me up for New York style over Chicago deep dish. I enjoy both, but I prefer a slice I can fold in half and don't need a fork to eat.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 04:56 PM 11-28-2021
Veggie Slice, add italian beef with extra cheese at Racanellis.

Mostly down to crust, their crust is all that, chewy and crispy and crackly and charred.

The plate under these two slices is the size of a medium at a Pizza Hut or Dominos.

[Reply]
KCUnited 05:02 PM 11-28-2021
New Haven rules them all

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Haven-style_pizza

Personal favorite is a spicy sausage and ricotta from Piece Pizza here in Chicago
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 05:03 PM 11-28-2021
Hunt Brothers pizza from our local PakNSak convenience store is the best in town and we have Pizza Hut,Dominoes,and Little Ceasars. Bought two today and yes pineapple is great on pizza
[Reply]
smithandrew051 05:04 PM 11-28-2021
I loved the pizza at Italian Delight in Mission before they closed
[Reply]
TLO 05:04 PM 11-28-2021
Pizza Hut
[Reply]
blake5676 05:04 PM 11-28-2021
I actually don't recall a thread like this on here, although I'm sure there's been a few through the years.

I prefer thin. I actually really like St Louis style pizza and gun to my head would pick Leo's as a last pizza meal if confined to the metro KC area to choose.

If we're talking Chicago, give me Lou Malnati's over Giordano's but I haven't had enough of any other Chicago pizza to have a really informed opinion.

And as for fast food--I'll "eat" just about any pizza but none of them are really any good. Been years since I've had Domino's but I've heard it's improved. Pizza Hut is completely below average but ate it so much growing up that I can stomach it just fine. And I can even get down with Papa John's about once a year and enjoy it well enough.
[Reply]
siberian khatru 05:07 PM 11-28-2021

via GIPHY

[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 05:08 PM 11-28-2021
Originally Posted by TLO:
Pizza Hut
I love the Terriyaki wings fron Hut but thats it . Cant afford them anymore though. Priced ridiculous.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 05:09 PM 11-28-2021
Lou Mallinalli's-Chicago. Deep Dish.

Best I have ever had.
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 05:11 PM 11-28-2021
Fuck Dave Portnoy and fuck his pizza reviews.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 05:17 PM 11-28-2021
Nicky's in Liberty has been my go to for quite a while. Tim's on 40 is a craving once in a while.
[Reply]
Bearcat 05:19 PM 11-28-2021
I want to hear where everyone had their best slice of pizza pie. I might have to think about that one a while. I prefer Chicago style and have been to the main places in Chicago and they're all excellent. I've had traditional Italian pizza in Italy as well as slightly Americanized versions that are very hard to beat.

The problem though is I'm really not picky about pizza at all... Minsky's is probably my favorite in KC, yet I'm sure people would jump to call it "garbage". Ground Control in Phoenix has a wood-fired Beach Bum pizza with Pineapple Habanero Sauce, Pulled Pork, Red Onions, Pineapple, and Bacon that's pretty great.... there's also a local place that makes great pizza as well.

I dunno... I've eaten a lot of pizza and I guess it might say something that one isn't head and shoulders above the rest. :-)

What are your favorite toppings? Meat. All of the meat.

Does pineapple belong on pizza? Sure, see above.

Do you enjoy Dave Portnoy's pizza reviews? :-)

What your favorite of the fast food pizza franchises? Growing up in KC, it was always Pizza Hut, their stuffed crust was really good. Not great experiences with Pizza Hut here, but Domino's is very good... it's like they continue to bake it in their car and the garlic crust is on point.

DO YOU PREFER CHICAGO OR NEW YORK STYLE PIZZA? Chicago style, but don't seek it out much outside of Chicago.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 05:20 PM 11-28-2021
Originally Posted by displacedinMN:
Lou Mallinalli's-Chicago. Deep Dish.

Best I have ever had.
Malnati's?
[Reply]
Page 1 of 20
1 234511 > Last »
Up