ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 10 of 71
« First < 678910 111213142060 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>How good are the Chiefs chances at the AFC's #1 seed?
MMXcalibur 07:21 PM 11-21-2021
Updated: 12/19

Teams that actually matter in this conversation:

Kansas City (10-4) (vs PIT, at CIN, at DEN)

New England (9-5) (vs BUF, vs JAC, at MIA)

Tennessee (9-5) (vs SF, vs MIA, at HOU)

Baltimore (8-5) (vs GB, at CIN, vs LAR, vs PIT)

Buffalo (8-6) (at NE, vs ATL, vs NYJ)

Indianapolis (8-6) (at ARI, vs LV, at JAC)

LA Chargers (8-6) (at HOU, vs DEN, at LV)

---

Being 1 game back with six games to play seems incredibly generous given our shitty tiebreaker situation. I'll put our odds at 99.9999999%
[Reply]
stevegroganfan 01:30 AM 11-25-2021
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
If you're trying to say your offense is reliable, no, Jakobi Meyers catching shit from Mac Jones will not be reliable when you play legit teams in the playoffs.

"Belichick did it once before with Brady and Branch, doh!"

Careful, Icarus.
What teams are legit in the AFC besides KC?

Twice with Branch and once before Branch....

On offense, Mac Jones has more to work with than Brady did the first 3 Super Bowl wins. The defense isn't as good/proven as the 2nd and 3rd SB winning teams but that unit looks more talented than the first.

The options are diversified on offense. No all-pro receiver-tight ends but a handful of quality players.
[Reply]
ClevelandBronco 02:49 AM 11-25-2021
A team that is inferior to the Chiefs teams of the past two seasons will be the number one seed in the AFC this season. Might as well be the team that most of you guys like.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 07:34 AM 11-25-2021
They'd have to win out, basically. I think that's possible, but a tall ask.
[Reply]
scho63 08:08 AM 11-25-2021
The biggest problem for us is that we lost to all the front runners and that fucks us in the event of identical records.

Possible to win out and have some of them lose 2, yes. Probable, no

I think the best we do is #2 seed.
[Reply]
scho63 08:10 AM 11-25-2021
We also lost the most in the conference which is also a handicap.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 08:20 AM 11-25-2021
Barring an epic collapse by the Titans, they’re getting the #1 seed. Too many things working in their favor.

We could get the #2, but we’d likely have to win out, which is a big ask even if playing well. I do think we’ll beat the Charge in 3 weeks and hold on for the AFC West Title. Likely end up the 3 seed. Get a home playoff game and then have to go on the road for a couple to make another Super Bowl run.

It can be done, but won’t be easy. I’d like to see what Mahomes and team can do in road playoff scenario, though, as he needs to notch some of those for his legacy. And, in Mahomes first few years, he arguably played better on the road overall than in Arrowhead, so would be fun to see.

The part that worries me about that is the defense. They seem to feed off the energy at home and play much better there. Not confident that show can travel yet.
[Reply]
synthesis2 08:41 AM 11-25-2021
Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin:
Barring an epic collapse by the Titans, they’re getting the #1 seed. Too many things working in their favor.

We could get the #2, but we’d likely have to win out, which is a big ask even if playing well. I do think we’ll beat the Charge in 3 weeks and hold on for the AFC West Title. Likely end up the 3 seed. Get a home playoff game and then have to go on the road for a couple to make another Super Bowl run.

It can be done, but won’t be easy. I’d like to see what Mahomes and team can do in road playoff scenario, though, as he needs to notch some of those for his legacy. And, in Mahomes first few years, he arguably played better on the road overall than in Arrowhead, so would be fun to see.

The part that worries me about that is the defense. They seem to feed off the energy at home and play much better there. Not confident that show can travel yet.
After the Titans lost to Houston anything is possible. I think they drop 2 to 3 more easy.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 01:58 PM 11-25-2021

I don't see The Titans doing it, honestly. Not without Henry.

I'd put just about anything on it NOT being the Titans.

Will it be KC? No idea. I think we'd probably have to win out due to losing all the tiebreakers. It's possible. KC is certainly capable. But we're really inconsistent still right now. Hard to say.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 02:03 PM 11-25-2021
If they win out, it’ll be KC’s
[Reply]
Halfcan 02:13 PM 11-25-2021
Tannehill is playing terribly right now. The Titans are fading badly and might not even win their own division.
[Reply]
CupidStunt 02:34 PM 11-25-2021
Like losing to the Jets and Texans? Have you been in a coma for a few weeks?
[Reply]
King_Chief_Fan 02:41 PM 11-25-2021
Originally Posted by CupidStunt:
Like losing to the Jets and Texans? Have you been in a coma for a few weeks?
I was WIDE awake when Titans kicked Chiefs butt
[Reply]
comochiefsfan 03:44 PM 11-25-2021
Originally Posted by King_Chief_Fan:
I was WIDE awake when Titans kicked Chiefs butt
Didn't know results from October were relevant in December.

Interesting.
[Reply]
King_Chief_Fan 06:36 PM 11-25-2021
Originally Posted by comochiefsfan:
Didn't know results from October were relevant in December.

Interesting.
yeah, wins and losses don't matter
[Reply]
comochiefsfan 06:42 PM 11-25-2021
Originally Posted by King_Chief_Fan:
yeah, wins and losses don't matter
Definitely mattered that the Titans beat us during the regular season in 2019 during the AFC Championship game.
[Reply]
Page 10 of 71
« First < 678910 111213142060 > Last »
Up