« First < 45678 91011121858108 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>**** Official College Football 2021 Thread ****
Titty Meat 04:45 PM 08-27-2021
Week 3 schedule

https://fbschedules.com/college-football-schedule/
[Reply]
BryanBusby 12:56 PM 08-29-2021
Originally Posted by Rams Fan:
If we’re being honest, Butch should’ve been given 1 more season with Pruitt never being hired in the first place.

Pelini/Solich should’ve never been fired as well as Riley never being hired.
Butch Jones absolutely should have been fired. They just can stop listening to morons.

Nebraska, on the other hand, is terminally braindead.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 11:07 PM 08-29-2021
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
Butch Jones absolutely should have been fired. They just can stop listening to morons.

https://omaha.com/sports/huskers/foo...7885e.amp.html

If Frank Solich recruited better ... if Bill Callahan developed better ... if Bo Pelini didn’t go deer-in-the-headlights in big games ... if Mike Riley were tougher ... if Frost had enough time.

Always, you found hope. Always, there was an argument, if you altered your view or tweaked the lens.

Now what? Seriously, if not Frost, then whom?
[Reply]
Titty Meat 03:02 AM 08-30-2021
If we’re being honest, Butch should’ve been given 1 more season with Pruitt never being hired in the first place.

Pelini/Solich should’ve never been fired as well as Riley never being hired.
Pelini absolutely should have been fired. In what world does a guy tell their customers to kiss his ass? Call his boss a cunt? Dare management to fire him publicly. Not to mention his multiple fines for on field conduct. Did you see him flame out at Youngstown or his 1 year back at LSU as DC? Dudes a headcase who made a career in the mid 2000s with a defense that was eventually figured out.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 03:07 AM 08-30-2021
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
https://omaha.com/sports/huskers/foo...7885e.amp.html

If Frank Solich recruited better ... if Bill Callahan developed better ... if Bo Pelini didn’t go deer-in-the-headlights in big games ... if Mike Riley were tougher ... if Frost had enough time.

Always, you found hope. Always, there was an argument, if you altered your view or tweaked the lens.

Now what? Seriously, if not Frost, then whom?
What a dumb article. It's pretty hard finding a good consistent coach in College football. Hows it going in Tennessee? How about Texas A&M? Fisher was a home run hire. UCLA? Kelly was one of the best college football coaches. USC still has never really found a good coach since Carroll, maybe you could argue for Dan Mullen in Florida but they were a pretty big disappointment since Meyer. FSU has hired 2 coaches since Fisher left. How many coaches did Notre Dame go through before getting Kelly?
[Reply]
Rams Fan 07:27 AM 08-30-2021
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Pelini absolutely should have been fired. In what world does a guy tell their customers to kiss his ass? Call his boss a ****? Dare management to fire him publicly. Not to mention his multiple fines for on field conduct. Did you see him flame out at Youngstown or his 1 year back at LSU as DC? Dudes a headcase who made a career in the mid 2000s with a defense that was eventually figured out.
Pelini by all accounts is an asshole, but to my knowledge, didn't put the program on probation and won.

He shouldn’t have been fired. He is incredibly toxic. But performance wise he did what was asked of him. And did about the best anyone can do at Nebraska given the current environment.

That being said, Riley still should never have been hired.

Butch, IIRC, was recruiting really well and had only 1 season that did not go along with his rebuild (his last one in 2017). Butch should’ve at least been given 2018 or be fired. Regarding listening to morons, you’re not wrong. Fulmer should never have been promoted to AD nor should they have let idiots like Clay Travis influence their coaching search. What they did to Schiano was bullshit.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 02:08 PM 08-30-2021
Originally Posted by POND_OF_RED:
Not very random when you understand PB’s idiotic point of view that CBB is just as popular as CFB to try and make KU seem relevant to the new conference realignment discussion. The fact is that game had a listed attendance just under 33,000. So while it looks completely empty they still had more fans than pretty much any CBB game. When 1/3 capacity is double your capacity you really shouldn’t be trying to compare the two sports.
Fox Sports claimed only 12,000 actual.

Bless your little heart.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 02:11 PM 08-30-2021
Wow

Frost on the offense at Illinois:

"About half of our game plan was out the window when they lined up how they did."
[Reply]
BryanBusby 02:16 PM 08-30-2021
Butch, IIRC, was recruiting really well and had only 1 season that did not go along with his rebuild (his last one in 2017). Butch should’ve at least been given 2018 or be fired. Regarding listening to morons, you’re not wrong. Fulmer should never have been promoted to AD nor should they have let idiots like Clay Travis influence their coaching search. What they did to Schiano was bullshit.
I think Butch was in some hot water along with the losing. It's a weird spot because they were never going to get anywhere with him but fuck what a disaster before and after him.

As for Nebraska, the fans really need to stop giving a fuck about the program. Hard. The program needs to be forced to make sweeping changes.
[Reply]
LiveSteam 02:41 PM 08-30-2021
Wow

"About half of our game plan was out the window when they lined up how they did."
The most pathetic excuse I've ever heard. He's taking a lot of heat today over that comment
[Reply]
RealSNR 03:41 PM 08-30-2021
Originally Posted by InChiefsHeaven:
I'm choosing to refer to it as Nebraska *ootball...

I don’t see why. Nebraska definitely deserves an F
[Reply]
Rams Fan 04:01 PM 08-30-2021
Wow

Apparently they didn't do a lot of preparation/practice for the scheme Illinois ran defensively. And when they did, it wasn't until this week. :-)

I think Butch was in some hot water along with the losing. It's a weird spot because they were never going to get anywhere with him but **** what a disaster before and after him.

As for Nebraska, the fans really need to stop giving a **** about the program. Hard. The program needs to be forced to make sweeping changes.

I think at this point the only thing that would save Tennessee is if Kiffin ever went back. They're a dumpster fire because of the media along with fanbase, etc. Unlike Nebraska, they actually have a decent in-state talent pool to recruit from.

Nebraska's literally fucked. The advantages they had amenity wise are gone. Osborne's not walking through that door. They do not have any geographic advantages when it comes to recruiting as well.

I literally have 0 idea WTF they should do long term. Frost was supposed to be the chosen one given his pedigree.

They could do some off the radar shit like hire Zac Taylor if he gets shit canned in Cincinnati, but I'm not sure that that would be the way you would want to go after firing Frost.

They'd have to hire a coach that either has Nebraska connections or has shown they can win in the Midwest. Fickell could be a good hire, but I don't think he'd leave Cinci for Nebraska at this point.

Jason Candle from Toledo could be a guy, but I'm not sure he's really proven himself to be ready for a P5 school yet.

I don't see them hiring a first time HC.
[Reply]
tredadda 09:26 PM 08-30-2021
I think Butch was in some hot water along with the losing. It's a weird spot because they were never going to get anywhere with him but fuck what a disaster before and after him.

As for Nebraska, the fans really need to stop giving a fuck about the program. Hard. The program needs to be forced to make sweeping changes.
They also need to stop going the "glory years" alumni route for hiring.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 11:51 PM 08-30-2021
So I looked it up Frost has lost 13 games by 1 score. That includes the game in Columbus where they had a negative punt. Yes a punt that went for negative yards. A couple losses to some ranked Iowa and Northwestern teams too.

The recruiting rankings during that period? Per 247: 23, 17, 20 and 20. This is during a period in which the team hasnt made a bowl game. I'm not sure where this narrative comes from that you cant get kids to play at Nebraska or a coach cant succeed there.

If I had to guess what we'll do and it's something we havent really ever done except maybe Callahan? Is pay top dollar for assistant coaches. Frost whole offense staff will be shown the door you pay top money for some assistants preferably with B1G experience and hire some former NFL coach with years of experience as an analyst to help fill in some blanks for Frost and use their name as a selling point for croots.

This is a much cheaper option than fire your homegrown legend and paying him 20 mil. You arent hiring worth a shit for atleast a few years.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 11:59 PM 08-30-2021
Apparently they didn't do a lot of preparation/practice for the scheme Illinois ran defensively. And when they did, it wasn't until this week. :-)

I think at this point the only thing that would save Tennessee is if Kiffin ever went back. They're a dumpster fire because of the media along with fanbase, etc. Unlike Nebraska, they actually have a decent in-state talent pool to recruit from.

Nebraska's literally fucked. The advantages they had amenity wise are gone. Osborne's not walking through that door. They do not have any geographic advantages when it comes to recruiting as well.

I literally have 0 idea WTF they should do long term. Frost was supposed to be the chosen one given his pedigree.

They could do some off the radar shit like hire Zac Taylor if he gets shit canned in Cincinnati, but I'm not sure that that would be the way you would want to go after firing Frost.

They'd have to hire a coach that either has Nebraska connections or has shown they can win in the Midwest. Fickell could be a good hire, but I don't think he'd leave Cinci for Nebraska at this point.

Jason Candle from Toledo could be a guy, but I'm not sure he's really proven himself to be ready for a P5 school yet.

I don't see them hiring a first time HC.
I just don't know how much the decision makers in Lincoln give a fuck as long as they can pretend some sell out streak is still alive. The fans need to put that shit to a clear end and show they are tired of shitty football.

I think it's still possible to win in Nebraska. Frost was pulling in talent. He just doesn't give a flying fuck about coaching at a level that it takes to win

The players are getting worse and still tripping over their own dicks for 4 quarters. That's 100% coaching.

Bert would have been the perfect coach at Nebraska but now he's in Illinois.

But since he's not available, I would say they should target the Shark fucker. I think he could meet lowered expectations in Lincoln and his teeth looks like corn. What a match!
[Reply]
LiveSteam 06:09 AM 08-31-2021
So I looked it up Frost has lost 13 games by 1 score. That includes the game in Columbus where they had a negative punt. Yes a punt that went for negative yards. A couple losses to some ranked Iowa and Northwestern teams too.

The recruiting rankings during that period? Per 247: 23, 17, 20 and 20. This is during a period in which the team hasnt made a bowl game. I'm not sure where this narrative comes from that you cant get kids to play at Nebraska or a coach cant succeed there.

If I had to guess what we'll do and it's something we havent really ever done except maybe Callahan? Is pay top dollar for assistant coaches. Frost whole offense staff will be shown the door you pay top money for some assistants preferably with B1G experience and hire some former NFL coach with years of experience as an analyst to help fill in some blanks for Frost and use their name as a selling point for croots.

This is a much cheaper option than fire your homegrown legend and paying him 20 mil. You arent hiring worth a shit for atleast a few years.
Now go research how many 3 and 4 star recruits have left via the transfer porthole
[Reply]
Page 8 of 174
« First < 45678 91011121858108 > Last »
Up