ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 9 of 44
« First < 56789 1011121319 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2021 STL Cardinals Thread***
BigRedChief 10:29 AM 02-17-2021
2021 Opening Day Lineup
Spoiler!

For the new Cardinal fans that joined the Planet since last year.....

2020 Thread
https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=329273
2019 Thread
https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=320239
2018 Thread
https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=312812
2012 Thread
https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=254619
etc.
All the way back to 2006 WS
https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=312812
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:47 PM 05-26-2021
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:

I am curious about what you guys think about this. Is Rich accurate in this rant about cheating in baseball?
I don't watch much baseball so I have no idea whether or not this is accurate. Rich is generally pretty good though.
Gallegos today. Manager gets tossed.

Umpire Joe West ordered Gallegos to switch caps because apparently there was sunscreen on the bill. Cardinals manager Mike Shildt, thinking his player was unfairly singled out, got ejected during an animated argument.

That overshadowed everything else in the Cardinals' 4-0 victory over the Chicago White Sox on Wednesday.

"This is baseball's dirty little secret, and it's the wrong time and the wrong arena to expose it," Shildt said. "Here's the deal. First of all, Gio wears the same hat all year. Hats accrue dirt. Hats accrue substances. ... Did Gio have some sunscreen at some point in his career to make sure he doesn't get some kind of melanoma? Possibly. Does he use rosin to help out? Possibly. Are these things that baseball really wants to crack down on? No.''

In a statement released later Wednesday, Shildt said, "I have a great working relationship with the umpires and Major League Baseball. They have a lot of challenges to doing their job and they do it well. Having to police foreign substances, candidly, shouldn't have to be a part of their job."

The Cardinals brought in Gallegos with one out in the seventh, after Genesis Cabrera hit Yoan Moncada, putting runners on first and second.

West, who on Tuesday set MLB's record for most games umpired, said second-base ump Dan Bellino noticed a substance on the brim of the pitcher's cap.

West said Gallegos told him it was sunscreen. Even so, he made the pitcher switch caps before throwing a pitch because "we don't want anybody to be accused of cheating or any of that stuff.'' The cap was sent to the commissioner's office.

"The whole point of this is we're trying to protect his pitcher, and he got ejected," West said.

Shildt, who was tossed for the second time this season, said he appreciated the motivation. But he questioned why there was enforcement.

"Let's go check the guys that are sitting there going into their glove every day with filthy stuff coming out, not some guy before he even steps on the mound with a spot on his hat," he said.

Once the situation cooled, Gallegos squashed the threat, striking out American League MVP Jose Abreu and Yermin Mercedes.
[Reply]
Marco Polo 07:57 PM 05-26-2021
A much needed win today, the Edman and Sosa show for hitting, who knew? Sosa needs to start indefinitely, even with DeJong's return. Have him play 2B/SS/3B.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:18 AM 05-27-2021
Originally Posted by Marco Polo:
A much needed win today, the Edman and Sosa show for hitting, who knew? Sosa needs to start indefinitely, even with DeJong's return. Have him play 2B/SS/3B.
Slow your roll.....Are we sure we have exited Bo Hart territory? :-)

I went and looked at the Springfield Cardinals website. Gorman is playing nothing but 3B. Looks like the Cardinals have decided that he is going to be the DH, insurance in case Arenado opts out or trade bait.
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 07:43 AM 05-27-2021
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:

I went and looked at the Springfield Cardinals website. Gorman is playing nothing but 3B. Looks like the Cardinals have decided that he is going to be the DH, insurance in case Arenado opts out or trade bait.
He’s played 2B his last three games.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:43 AM 05-27-2021
Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi:
He’s played 2B his last three games.
I looked over the weekend. Good to hear. If they put Carp there, why not Gorman?
[Reply]
VAChief 09:31 AM 05-27-2021

Yes, Let's get a little more sample size...the eye test doesn't wow me with him, but I am glad he has filled in well this stint. When DeJong comes back he could get more reps at 2B allowing Edman to fill in a corner outfield spot.

Sosa right now is a better option in the lineup than J Williams.
[Reply]
Marco Polo 10:25 AM 05-27-2021
I'm certainly not anointing Sosa as the next superstar but we need to ride this out, unlike what we've done with all of the other prospects we've traded that are now succeeding at the MLB-level.
[Reply]
VAChief 12:06 PM 05-27-2021
I'm certainly not anointing Sosa as the next superstar but we need to ride this out, unlike what we've done with all of the other prospects we've traded that are now succeeding at the MLB-level.
He deserves additional looks, with the outfield depleted, let Edman play out there more and move Sosa to 2b until better options unfold.

I prefer Edman at 2b, but you should always be looking for your best nine, and right now that is pretty thin.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 04:21 PM 05-27-2021
With our anemic offense and Carp failing leaves no room for tryouts. That’s not the case yet. He’s hitting. He should play until he doesn’t. Doesn’t matter where players play. In this lineup, you hit, you play. Period.
[Reply]
Marcellus 07:58 PM 05-27-2021
I may have been wrong about O'Neil. When dude hits it he hits it.
[Reply]
Marcellus 08:01 PM 05-27-2021
With our anemic offense and Carp failing leaves no room for tryouts. That’s not the case yet. He’s hitting. He should play until he doesn’t. Doesn’t matter where players play. In this lineup, you hit, you play. Period.
Carp should have been DFA'd a long time ago. Wainwright would have better numbers.

With our shitty offense Carp shouldn't be able to sniff a bench spot yet he starts several times a week. I dont give a **** what he did before. He sucks balls now and has for a long time.

He is the crux of this fanbase's problems with this organization.
[Reply]
Marco Polo 08:36 PM 05-27-2021

100%
[Reply]
BigRedChief 11:19 AM 05-28-2021
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
I may have been wrong about O'Neil. When dude hits it he hits it.
He's at least learned to sometimes lay off the that outside slider. It's made the pitchers thrown him pitches he can mash. He's mashing fastballs and off speed stuff. Everyone can see the potential upside all the way up to being an All-Star.

He keeps getting these tweaks that take him out of the lineup. Has to be a reason.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:03 PM 05-29-2021

Atlanta Braves star Marcell Ozuna was arrested today and charged with aggravated assault strangulation and misdemeanor battery - family violence in Sandy Springs, Ga., according to jail records on the Fulton County (Ga.) website.

— Jeff Passan (@JeffPassan) May 30, 2021

[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:54 PM 05-29-2021
O’Neill has a 460ft bomb on Thursday. Another one on Friday. Tonight another 450ft bomb.
[Reply]
Page 9 of 44
« First < 56789 1011121319 > Last »
Up