ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 39 of 44
« First < 293536373839 40414243 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2021 STL Cardinals Thread***
BigRedChief 10:29 AM 02-17-2021
2021 Opening Day Lineup
Spoiler!

For the new Cardinal fans that joined the Planet since last year.....

2020 Thread
https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=329273
2019 Thread
https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=320239
2018 Thread
https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=312812
2012 Thread
https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=254619
etc.
All the way back to 2006 WS
https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=312812
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 01:17 PM 10-17-2021
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Losing Chris Carpenter to the Angels because you didn’t bother to contact him about renewing his deal looks real good as well.

This organization is rotten. It’s real Wormtongue shit with Moe and DeWitt at this point.
It really does seem like Mozeliak is in lockstep with DeWitt on how to run the organization. I wouldn't expect a change unless DeWitt thinks he can get away with bringing Luhnow back and giving him the head baseball ops job (GM, VP, whatever you want to call it).
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:45 PM 10-24-2021
Per the athletic:

The Cardinals are set to announce Oliver Marmol as their next manager during a virtual news conference Monday morning.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 08:35 PM 10-24-2021
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Per the athletic:

The Cardinals are set to announce Oliver Marmol as their next manager during a virtual news conference Monday morning.
ok. Not sure what to think of that other than the surface stuff of how is he any better than Shildt and is this just to hold the seat until they find someone better or replace Mo.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:07 PM 10-25-2021
I’d probably lay 3-1 odds that it’ll be Oliver Marmol.

And I’m just gonna say this - if anyone thinks that Marmol is a smarter, more capable baseball guy than Mike Shildt, they’re going to be REALLY disappointed.
And Marmol it is.

I just want to remind you all what Mozeliak said about Shildt when he was promoted:

Originally Posted by :
“Mike has a strong understanding and interest in modern analytics, as well as practical experience utilizing these tools,” Mozeliak said. “At the minor-league level, he was helpful in developing pilot programs as well as being part of a team determining what works best from a practical standpoint. He was very much engaged in this during the season and offseason development meetings.”
Guys - Mike Shildt is a guy who flat out smarted his way up the baseball ladder. He never played a single inning of professional baseball. He is a BRILLIANT baseball guy who embraced modern approaches every step of his managerial career.

And now we have Mozeliak orchestrating some bullshit whisper campaign saying he was some stubborn old crank who wouldn't look at stats or some other such bullshit.

Mozeliak wanted a puppet. He wanted someone he could make 'part of a committee' of decisionmakers. Wanna know how that works out?

Look at the 'committee' of calculator geeks that managed to run out of arms despite a historically great staff in LA. Their 5th best reliever would've been our best and they're throwing starters in relief. Pitch Scherzer and Urias in bullpen starts? Why the hell not - surely that won't be an issue. Oh...well crap, he has a dead arm now. Bummer. I was told starters could be used as relievers without consequence.

You absolutely cannot have the kind of organizational groupthink that DeWitt and Mozo seem to be striving for.

This is scapegoating bullshit for a mediocre roster and made-up justifications for firing a guy who wouldn't kiss the ring.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:12 PM 10-25-2021
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
ok. Not sure what to think of that other than the surface stuff of how is he any better than Shildt and is this just to hold the seat until they find someone better or replace Mo.
He isn't. And they aren't looking for 'someone better'.

They wanted someone compliant. And if Marmol ever finds his voice, they'll fire him as well.

Nothing will change with Mozeliak in charge and Mozeliak will be in charge as long as DeWitt owns this team.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 05:30 PM 10-25-2021

They wanted someone compliant. And if Marmol ever finds his voice, they'll fire him as well.

Nothing will change with Mozeliak in charge and Mozeliak will be in charge as long as DeWitt owns this team.
Sadly, truth.
Mo was talking about how he decides on a bench coach. The dude is such a puppet that he doesn’t even get to pick his own bench coach.
:-)
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 05:48 PM 10-25-2021
What a piece of shit hire...wow. Mo put all the blame on Shildt to hire someone somehow even less qualified....WOW
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 05:49 PM 10-25-2021
I mean this is infuriating that Shildt is the fall guy for Mos failures
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 06:03 PM 10-25-2021
I’m just gonna hope this is an ‘emperor has no clothes’ moment for the massive segment of the fanbase that thinks Mozeliak is anything but a back-biting opportunist.

The guy is a conniving snake. He’s been in the game damn near 30 years and is no better at building a team than he was when he was first hired. He’s not a championship caliber executive. He’s just a politically savvy manipulator who’s charmed a billionaire.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 06:12 PM 10-25-2021
He's a coffee fetcher who has been exposed by Peter principle
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 06:18 PM 10-25-2021
I’d rather JakeF assume control of the team than Mo
[Reply]
BigRedChief 06:20 PM 10-25-2021
I’m just gonna hope this is an ‘emperor has no clothes’ moment for the massive segment of the fanbase that thinks Mozeliak is anything but a back-biting opportunist.

The guy is a conniving snake. He’s been in the game damn near 30 years and is no better at building a team than he was when he was first hired. He’s not a championship caliber executive. He’s just a politically savvy manipulator who’s charmed a billionaire.
Dewitt looks really old in the new videos. Maybe he’ll croak of natural causes and Junior will send Mo packing?
[Reply]
Marcellus 07:15 PM 10-25-2021

You well know I have been critical of Schildt but even I can see just pulling the next guy up to take his place makes zero sense.

If you aren't trying to make a major move then no it makes no sense to fire Schildt unless like you said he just wouldn't play their game.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:04 PM 10-25-2021
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
You well know I have been critical of Schildt but even I can see just pulling the next guy up to take his place makes zero sense.

If you aren't trying to make a major move then no it makes no sense to fire Schildt unless like you said he just wouldn't play their game.
That was my point. And it was why I called the Marmol hire the day Shildt's firing was announced.

You were looking for baseball reasons why the organization fired him. And I don't know why anyone bothered. Those reasons, IMO, are incredibly thin but ultimately they just didn't matter.

Baseball had absolutely nothing to do with this decision. This was an ego and consolidation of power thing. Nothing less.

Marmol was the obvious means to that end and was from the very beginning.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 07:49 PM 10-30-2021
https://www.ky3.com/2021/10/28/sprin...bY9T9feA8kOE40

A curious black bear roamed below a hunter sitting in a deer stand. It only took seconds for it to climb the tree he was in and have a taste.

Dalton Roach pitched for the Springfield Cardinals in 2021.

“It’s not totally uncommon for a bear to go into a tree with a hunter,” said Dalton Roach, adding he caught the whole encounter on camera. “But the fact he actually started gnawing on me and stuff, like that was a little abnormal.”

The nearly 300-pound black bear bit the 25-year-old hunter in the back. With a paw in his lap and fresh puncture wounds, Roach realized he couldn’t panic.

“I kind of pulled myself out and then stood around and turned, kind of in one motion to then face the bear and then just started yelling and hollering,” Roach explained.

The bear lingered below the deer stand for another half hour before wandering off. Roach said he laughed about what happened with a friend on the quarter-mile trek back to his truck.

“It’s one of those situations that obviously doesn’t happen every day,” Roach said.

He went to the emergency room for treatment and a rabies vaccine, which he says hurt worse than the bite itself. Doctors doubt Roach will have a scar, but he certainly will have quite the story to tell.

“I think it makes it a little less believable because I think people are under the impression if a bear bites you, you’re missing something,” Roach said. “So, it’s, along with it being a cool story, it can be an educational tool too.”
[Reply]
Page 39 of 44
« First < 293536373839 40414243 > Last »
Up