ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 38 of 44
« First < 283435363738 39404142 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2021 STL Cardinals Thread***
BigRedChief 10:29 AM 02-17-2021
2021 Opening Day Lineup
Spoiler!

For the new Cardinal fans that joined the Planet since last year.....

2020 Thread
https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=329273
2019 Thread
https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=320239
2018 Thread
https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=312812
2012 Thread
https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=254619
etc.
All the way back to 2006 WS
https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=312812
[Reply]
BigRedChief 12:07 AM 10-16-2021
Matt Holiday or Skip Scumarker are the only “outside” people who could fit in here. Meaning first timers so Mo can lord over them.

Marmol or any current asst. coach would be in the same boat.

No one is going to inspire. But, that’s not what they are going for, is it?

Saw on Twitter discussion of Holliday may be able to get us Trevor Story to come and keep Arenando happy. Assuming rampant internet speculation.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 02:19 AM 10-16-2021
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Yes.

But again, Cardinal Nation hates Jim Edmonds on the call and loves Brad Thompson. They jerk off to performative standing ovations for guys who got traded to the team like Brandon Moss.

Cardinal Nation is roundly retarded and deserves John Mozeliak and his corporate babble bullshit.

Because for some reason they think that setting $400 million on fire is okay because 1/2 the teams in the NL aren't even trying to win and hey, we're better than those guys...
"BT" is complete garbage on TV on radio. Like any random person would be better than him. It's embarrassing he's the best they can cone up with.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 02:28 AM 10-16-2021
Shildt was an absolute terrible manager and I will not listen to this tripe stating otherwise. But you can't fire him AND keep that sack of shit MO as an organization
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 05:23 AM 10-16-2021
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Wanna argue this DJ or Rams fan?
A) ‘regardless of past history’ disqualifies pretty much anything as a serious remark

B) I’ve already argued this. A half dozen times. You’re just not paying attention.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 07:46 AM 10-16-2021
I have been critical of Shildt's bullpen use in big games for most of his tenure. Martinez was a full Section 8 in the NLDS against Atlanta in 2019, but he kept running him out there and it almost cost them the series.

With that said, regardless of how you feel about the performance of the manager, it is remarkably unprofessional to fire him over the phone. That reeks of cowardice, and it raises serious questions as to why anyone in the organization that isn't a complete lackey would have any respect for current management and ownership.

Their handling of this dismissal has been disgraceful.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:57 AM 10-16-2021
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
I have been critical of Shildt's bullpen use in big games for most of his tenure. Martinez was a full Section 8 in the NLDS against Atlanta in 2019, but he kept running him out there and it almost cost them the series.

With that said, regardless of how you feel about the performance of the manager, it is remarkably unprofessional to fire him over the phone. That reeks of cowardice, and it raises serious questions as to why anyone in the organization that isn't a complete lackey would have any respect for current management and ownership.

Agree. He worked for the Cardinals for a long time, Riding the bus's in the minors, Teaching the Kissel way. Firing him over the phone was bush league. Cowardice. Reflects poorly on the whole Cardinals org.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 10:15 AM 10-16-2021
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:

John Dorsey sees no problem with this.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:22 PM 10-16-2021
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Agree. He worked for the Cardinals for a long time, Riding the bus's in the minors, Teaching the Kissel way. Firing him over the phone was bush league. Cowardice. Reflects poorly on the whole Cardinals org.
Losing Chris Carpenter to the Angels because you didn’t bother to contact him about renewing his deal looks real good as well.

This organization is rotten. It’s real Wormtongue shit with Moe and DeWitt at this point.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 01:26 PM 10-16-2021
This accomplished absolutely nothing with leaving that clown in charge. Waste of fucking time. Either you start fresh all around or not at all. The fact that the organization allowed MO to put the blame on Shildt is absolutely criminal. Will not spend a cent on this team next season due to this.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:13 PM 10-16-2021
Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brother:
This accomplished absolutely nothing with leaving that clown in charge. Waste of ****ing time. Either you start fresh all around or not at all. The fact that the organization allowed MO to put the blame on Shildt is absolutely criminal. Will not spend a cent on this team next season due to this.
we have $40 million freed up from this years payroll available next year. That’s a lot of cash that Dewitt doesn’t have to open his wallet to pay out.

they need one quality bat and one quality pitcher and they can possibly beat LA in a playoff series. Mo making those decisions also probably means he will make a bad choices on how to spend that $40 million. Assuming Liberatore and Gorman are contributing to their potential by the time the playoffs roll around.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 12:55 AM 10-17-2021
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
we have $40 million freed up from this years payroll available next year. That’s a lot of cash that Dewitt doesn’t have to open his wallet to pay out.

they need one quality bat and one quality pitcher and they can possibly beat LA in a playoff series. Mo making those decisions also probably means he will make a bad choices on how to spend that $40 million. Assuming Liberatore and Gorman are contributing to their potential by the time the playoffs roll around.
It's just embarrassing Shildt took the fall. What a fucking joke. What a turd move by Dewitt so fuck him. Won't get a cent.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 10:28 AM 10-17-2021
It's just embarrassing Shildt took the fall. What a fucking joke. What a turd move by Dewitt so fuck him. Won't get a cent.
I get a chuckle out of these kinds of comments. As if your piddly little money matters SO much. They don't concern themselves with your pennies. Get over yourself. If you have season tickets and cancel them, they don't care because there are countless people waiting to take your spot. The only value in your fandom is to you and you alone. If you don't value your fandom then don't be a fan.
[Reply]
Marcellus 10:41 AM 10-17-2021
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
A) ‘regardless of past history’ disqualifies pretty much anything as a serious remark

B) I’ve already argued this. A half dozen times. You’re just not paying attention.
Im paying attention I just dont agree with you. Schildt issues are the same as Matheny's issues except they played good defense. Coaches are responsible for that not managers.

Again Schildt is likely a good coach, he is not a good manager, there is a clear destination.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 12:06 PM 10-17-2021
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
I get a chuckle out of these kinds of comments. As if your piddly little money matters SO much. They don't concern themselves with your pennies. Get over yourself. If you have season tickets and cancel them, they don't care because there are countless people waiting to take your spot. The only value in your fandom is to you and you alone. If you don't value your fandom then don't be a fan.
The fuck is wrong with you :-) it's fans like why MO still has a job
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 12:50 PM 10-17-2021
The fuck is wrong with you :-) it's fans like why MO still has a job
Fans like.....what? I don't spend money on the Cards. I haven't in YEARS. I just realize it makes zero difference.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Page 38 of 44
« First < 283435363738 39404142 > Last »
Up