ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 32 of 44
« First < 222829303132 3334353642 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2021 STL Cardinals Thread***
BigRedChief 10:29 AM 02-17-2021
2021 Opening Day Lineup
Spoiler!

For the new Cardinal fans that joined the Planet since last year.....

2020 Thread
https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=329273
2019 Thread
https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=320239
2018 Thread
https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=312812
2012 Thread
https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=254619
etc.
All the way back to 2006 WS
https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=312812
[Reply]
bdj23 12:58 PM 10-14-2021
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Woah this is confirmed? I thought Mo would be happy with his coach doing his bidding?

What happened in the locker room to cause this?:-)
CBS sports and MLB@bat both sent me a update message, I'd guess so.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 01:00 PM 10-14-2021
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
Bringing in Reyes in that spot was a fireable offense regardless of past history.
A guy in my office building just said the same thing. Should have left his ass in LA.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 01:02 PM 10-14-2021
Bringing in Reyes in that spot was a fireable offense regardless of past history.
Yep, the data said he had a high probability of giving up a home run. You had other choices.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 01:04 PM 10-14-2021

Cardinals president John Mozeliak said he fired manager Mike Shildt earlier today due to a “philosophical difference” in the direction of the team. “We decided internally it would be best to separate now,” he said, even though Shildt had one year left on his contract.

— Jeff Passan (@JeffPassan) October 14, 2021

[Reply]
Marcellus 01:05 PM 10-14-2021
Holy shit, I mean I get it but I am shocked. Yea bringing Reyes in there was THAT bad.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 01:06 PM 10-14-2021
@Ben_Fred
asked Mo if tension between Shildt and Jeff Albert was the cause of the split and if Albert would return. Mo says Albert is under contract and he expects him to be back and that tension between the two was not the “sole reason” for the dismissal.
[Reply]
Marcellus 01:09 PM 10-14-2021
@Ben_Fred
asked Mo if tension between Shildt and Jeff Albert was the cause of the split and if Albert would return. Mo says Albert is under contract and he expects him to be back and that tension between the two was not the “sole reason” for the dismissal.
Tension between Shildt and Albert? First I have heard of that news.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 01:11 PM 10-14-2021
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
A guy in my office building just said the same thing. Should have left his ass in LA.
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Holy shit, I mean I get it but I am shocked. Yea bringing Reyes in there was THAT bad.

We had Kodi Whitley (who was scoreless since coming back from Memphis) , Jack Flaherty and Cabrera in the bullpen and Shildt brought in Reyes. I still can't get over this. #STLFLY

— Rinedog (@Rinedog1) October 7, 2021

[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 01:24 PM 10-14-2021
@Ben_Fred
I have no idea why Albert is such a made man. I know they like his developmental philosophy for prospects in the system, but the man cannot teach big league players. It's a different skill set. Keep him on for the minors and bring in someone who can help the individual players with swing mechanics when they get in a rut if need be.
[Reply]
Miles 01:39 PM 10-14-2021
Woh. Didn’t see this one coming.
[Reply]
gblowfish 01:44 PM 10-14-2021
One thing I'll say about the St. Louis Cardinals.

They don't tolerate losing for very long.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:44 PM 10-14-2021
Shildt managed the hell out of this squad.

A paper thin roster full of cast-offs from other organizations, no discerinable bench talent, decaying players on shit contracts and octogenarian starting pitchers that Shildt managed to get damn nice productivity out of.

When everyone had written them off, he got them playing their best ball of the season. And yeah, I'd have gone Whitley over Reyes, but FFS, they were 0-11 w/ RISP. He can't hit for 'em. That game could've gone 4 more innings and we still lose.

Mike Shildt is a DAMN good major league manager. Meanwhile John Mozeliak has done a piss poor job for about 8 years now and he's fucking bulletproof.

Shildt saved Mozeliak's job in 2018 and frankly he may have pulled his ass from the fire again this year. And his reward was getting fired by a guy who's nowhere near as good at building a team as Shildt is at running it.

I hope Mike Shannon was right and Bill DeWitt is looking to sell the team. That guy's as senile as Biden at this point. This is goddamn asinine.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:47 PM 10-14-2021
Originally Posted by gblowfish:
One thing I'll say about the St. Louis Cardinals.

They don't tolerate losing for very long.
Bill DeWitt says his goal is to win 87 games. Shildt has averaged a pro-rated 91/season in his time at manager.

They absolutely tolerate being slightly better than average so long as your a quiet little yes man when Mozeliak tells you that he's going to get get you Jon Lester and JA Happ to save your season.

Sounds like Shildt saw $60 million in completely unproductive roster chaff come off the payroll and was no longer willing to bite his tongue.

This is all about Mozeliak needing a puppet manager and DeWitt continuing to be snowed by this fucking charlatan.
[Reply]
VAChief 01:57 PM 10-14-2021
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Not near as bad as extending Matt Carpenter and a host of other blunders with personnel. Mo can’t evaluate young talent, and then overvalues those who are at best past their peak or as in the case of Andrew Miller…flat out toasted.
[Reply]
Marcellus 02:22 PM 10-14-2021
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Bill DeWitt says his goal is to win 87 games. Shildt has averaged a pro-rated 91/season in his time at manager.

They absolutely tolerate being slightly better than average so long as your a quiet little yes man when Mozeliak tells you that he's going to get get you Jon Lester and JA Happ to save your season.

Sounds like Shildt saw $60 million in completely unproductive roster chaff come off the payroll and was no longer willing to bite his tongue.

This is all about Mozeliak needing a puppet manager and DeWitt continuing to be snowed by this ****ing charlatan.
Schildt is a terrible manager who doesn't know when to say no.

Reyes coming in there with the game on the line and bullpen literally full of guys who didn't have a 7 ERA since the Allstar break are all you need to know he is bad at his job.
[Reply]
Page 32 of 44
« First < 222829303132 3334353642 > Last »
Up