ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 19 of 44
« First < 91516171819 2021222329 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2021 STL Cardinals Thread***
BigRedChief 10:29 AM 02-17-2021
2021 Opening Day Lineup
Spoiler!

For the new Cardinal fans that joined the Planet since last year.....

2020 Thread
https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=329273
2019 Thread
https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=320239
2018 Thread
https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=312812
2012 Thread
https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=254619
etc.
All the way back to 2006 WS
https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=312812
[Reply]
BigRedChief 10:46 PM 09-18-2021
Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi:
Devil Magic in full swing?
having the 2011 team there tonight certainly does make it easy to start a comparison.

Both teams floundered around and way underperformed to their talent level until Sept. and then played lights out.
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 11:41 PM 09-18-2021
Red Birds with a very nice win tonight. Still have a long way to go with a gauntlet schedule remaining.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 08:41 PM 09-22-2021
Damn you guys are quiet for a team that has won 11 straight
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:54 PM 09-22-2021
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
Same group of players that played like shit for most of the year. We are waiting to see if it’s a Bo Hart situation or real.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 05:39 AM 09-23-2021
It saves MO and Shildts ass, so it's kind of bittersweet. It's been years since the city has been so quiet about the Cardinals
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:40 AM 09-23-2021
Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brother:
It saves MO and Shildts ass, so it's kind of bittersweet. It's been years since the city has been so quiet about the Cardinals
Everyone in here wants our GM gone. He has made sooo many bad decision after bad decision. He trades shit for shit at the deadline. Then gets positive innings out of the old geezers, Lester and Happ and like Pasta says, its going to save his job, Prolonging the inevitable crash of the team before Mo is gone.

On the positive note, this run saves us from Arenado opt-ing out.
[Reply]
Frazod 10:57 AM 09-23-2021
There's no way in hell they'll catch Milwaukee for the division at this point, so basically they're just playing for the right to lose to the Dodgers in the wild card game. And that's assuming that they don't collapse and fail to make it.

I just don't have any faith in this bunch.
[Reply]
VAChief 12:17 PM 09-23-2021
Originally Posted by Frazod:
There's no way in hell they'll catch Milwaukee for the division at this point, so basically they're just playing for the right to lose to the Dodgers in the wild card game. And that's assuming that they don't collapse and fail to make it.

I just don't have any faith in this bunch.
Oh that could definitely happen, but there is no way we beat the Dodgers in 7. In one game you can beat anyone. Our path to a run would be for the Giants to hang on and edge out the Dodgers, but just close enough that the Dodgers have to throw Scherzer to have try to catch them.

We somehow get Kershaw then who knows. You could almost feel his throat contracting at the thought of seeing us in a one game scenario.

Braves, Brewers and the Giants we could beat if we stay hot. The defense has been outstanding which has helped the pitchers who pitch to contact, our hitters are loose and right now we have 3 legit middle of the order bats with guys doing the right things around them.
[Reply]
Frazod 12:30 PM 09-23-2021
Originally Posted by VAChief:
Oh that could definitely happen, but there is no way we beat the Dodgers in 7. In one game you can beat anyone. Our path to a run would be for the Giants to hang on and edge out the Dodgers, but just close enough that the Dodgers have to throw Scherzer to have try to catch them.

We somehow get Kershaw then who knows. You could almost feel his throat contracting at the thought of seeing us in a one game scenario.

Braves, Brewers and the Giants we could beat if we stay hot. The defense has been outstanding which has helped the pitchers who pitch to contact, our hitters are loose and right now we have 3 legit middle of the order bats with guys doing the right things around them.
I guess anything could happen. I sure as hell didn't see them winning so much as a postgame series in 2006, let alone the whole thing.

And I'll continue to do my part by not watching, because if I watch, they lose.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 02:17 PM 09-23-2021
Originally Posted by VAChief:

I agree there is not a chance in hell of beating the Dodgers in a 7 games series. But, get Kershaw pitching, get to him early and maybe just maybe you can get by them with some luck.

We play like this, we can get to the Brewers, Giants and Braves in a 7 game series. Will be big underdogs to everyone but…… insert “there’s a chance” gif.

2004 and 2005 we had the best teams in baseball and didn’t win it all. Most talented team doesn’t always win the WS.
[Reply]
Frazod 03:04 PM 09-23-2021
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
I agree there is not a chance in hell of beating the Dodgers in a 7 games series. But, get Kershaw pitching, get to him early and maybe just maybe you can get by them with some luck.

We play like this, we can get to the Brewers, Giants and Braves in a 7 game series. Will be big underdogs to everyone but…… insert “there’s a chance” gif.

2004 and 2005 we had the best teams in baseball and didn’t win it all. Most talented team doesn’t always win the WS.
If we knock the Braves out of the playoffs again I fear the wife will kill me in my sleep. :-)
[Reply]
Marcellus 03:13 PM 09-23-2021
Cards were down 5-0 after 2 innings and now lead 7-5 in the 8th. I don't even know what to think anymore.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 03:44 PM 09-23-2021
That is now a Dozen in a row and the Cubs will be the team to break it up more than likely.
[Reply]
VAChief 03:49 PM 09-23-2021
Originally Posted by Frazod:
I guess anything could happen. I sure as hell didn't see them winning so much as a postgame series in 2006, let alone the whole thing.

And I'll continue to do my part by not watching, because if I watch, they lose.
Yes, keep taking one for the team. 🙂

That was quite a win today. Goody might be the best RH in the NL right now. Really hot.

They are scoring runs with small ball, power and smart base running.
[Reply]
VAChief 03:54 PM 09-23-2021
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Cards were down 5-0 after 2 innings and now lead 7-5 in the 8th. I don't even know what to think anymore.
They have two journeymen relievers who have been nails that has taken a load off of Cabrera, Reyes and Gio.

Luis Garcia has just developed filthy stuff, as good as anyone we have had in recent years. When I saw him earlier this year he just looked wild and without a clue.
[Reply]
Page 19 of 44
« First < 91516171819 2021222329 > Last »
Up