ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 12 of 44
« First < 289101112 1314151622 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2021 STL Cardinals Thread***
BigRedChief 10:29 AM 02-17-2021
2021 Opening Day Lineup
Spoiler!

For the new Cardinal fans that joined the Planet since last year.....

2020 Thread
https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=329273
2019 Thread
https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=320239
2018 Thread
https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=312812
2012 Thread
https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=254619
etc.
All the way back to 2006 WS
https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=312812
[Reply]
Marco Polo 05:12 PM 06-10-2021
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Now Nightingale in the USA Today is saying we should trade Gorman for Max Scherzer. Even if it’s for 2 months. Gorman has an All-Star ceiling. We need his bat in the lineup going forward. 2 months? If Scherzer signed to finish his career here, okay. Otherwise, GTFO with a rental.

This is the shit I’ve been railing against the last couple of weeks. Sure, Scherzer still is at the top of his game. But, why would he sign up here past those two months. He wanted to come here and Mo was an idiot. He can sign anywhere. Do players still give hometown discounts? Cant remember the last player????

It’s behind a paywall on USA Today's website so no link.
If we trade Gorman, I will be irate. We need cheap, young talent since Mo can't figure out veteran contracts.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 06:38 PM 06-12-2021

John Gant has walked the bases loaded.

But!

Nolan Gorman has homered four times in two games (and the second game is only in the top of the third). https://t.co/kcNw5S0Y2u

— Katie Woo (@katiejwoo) June 13, 2021

[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 06:44 PM 06-12-2021
3 jacks now today. In the 4th inning.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 06:55 PM 06-12-2021
Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi:
3 jacks now today. In the 4th inning.
My potential legit lineup for 2022 is looking better and better. :-)
[Reply]
bdj23 07:06 PM 06-12-2021
Man, the wheels really fell off this season in a hurry.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 08:22 PM 06-12-2021
My potential legit lineup for 2022 is looking better and better. :-)
He still has a lot to prove. Let's see him doing this at the Triple A level consistently before he is crowned anything.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:36 PM 06-12-2021
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
He still has a lot to prove. Let's see him doing this at the Triple A level consistently before he is crowned anything.
oh yeah, I agree. That 2022 line up had a lot of “if’s” in it. O’Neill continues to lay off the outside slider. Carlson continues to develop. If Gorman continues on his path. If Arenado doesn't opt-out. If they sign a middle of the order bat… etc.etc.

If, if and more if’s. But….. there is potentially a legit 2022 lineup.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 08:55 PM 06-12-2021
oh yeah, I agree. That 2022 line up had a lot of “if’s” in it. O’Neill continues to lay off the outside slider. Carlson continues to develop. If Gorman continues on his path. If Arenado doesn't opt-out. If they sign a middle of the order bat… etc.etc.

If, if and more if’s. But….. there is potentially a legit 2022 lineup.
Do you really think that Mo is going to sign a middle of the order bat and more, improved, pitching? I have no faith that he will do those things.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 10:02 AM 06-13-2021
I thought Arenado would put the Cards over the top this season.
[Reply]
Marco Polo 10:13 AM 06-13-2021
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
I thought Arenado would put the Cards over the top this season.
When you have four starting pitchers out for significant parts of the season, Babe Ruth couldn't fix this team.
[Reply]
O.city 12:56 PM 06-13-2021
Don’t panic and trade away more bats

They’ve shown they can develop some starting pitching
[Reply]
bdj23 06:02 PM 06-13-2021
What's this gonna make it, 0-6 vs the Cubs on the year?
[Reply]
BigRedChief 06:27 PM 06-13-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
Don’t panic and trade away more bats

They’ve shown they can develop some starting pitching
we have a lack of talent. We are not one pitcher away from a World Series. Anyone trading a worthy piece with us is going to demand Gorman +. We need Gorman for 6 years, not a starting pitcher rental.
[Reply]
jd1020 08:15 AM 06-14-2021
Originally Posted by BDj23:
What's this gonna make it, 0-6 vs the Cubs on the year?
I wish, but no. You guys did win one game in St. Louis so you're 1-5.

we have a lack of talent. We are not one pitcher away from a World Series. Anyone trading a worthy piece with us is going to demand Gorman +. We need Gorman for 6 years, not a starting pitcher rental.
I believe I said it when you guys got Arenado that I didn't think he made your team a winner. The Cardinals looked a lot like what I've been watching for the last 3 years, a couple decent bats in the middle of the lineup and 1 quality pitcher surrounded by a whole bunch of question marks.

Looking at Arenado's contract I don't believe he'll opt out but I don't think he was too happy with the Rockies and if the Cardinals don't make moves to improve the team he just might opt out.

Weren't there a couple deals involving Carlson a couple years ago that seemed pretty good but you were like no he's untouchable? Would you make those trades today if they were offered? He's not a good defender and he's looking like a league average bat.

The Cubs traded a better prospect than anything you have for a rental closer to win a WS and I wouldn't take it back.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:24 AM 06-14-2021
Originally Posted by jd1020:
The Cubs traded a better prospect than anything you have for a rental closer to win a WS and I wouldn't take it back.
Not apples to apples.

You had several top prospects already playing at a high level. Giving up 1 of 6 top prospects that were already playing at Wrigley to win a WS for the first time in 100+ years was a move any team would have made.

Gorman is the only player we have that could possibly be at a Bryant/Baez/Rizzo level. We need more of those, not trade away the only one we have currently.
[Reply]
Page 12 of 44
« First < 289101112 1314151622 > Last »
Up