ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 18 of 37
« First < 81415161718 1920212228 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2020-21 Missouri Tigers Basketball Thread***
comochiefsfan 10:08 PM 12-02-2020
Apologies if someone else already started this, but thought I would get the conversation going if not.

Hell of a win tonight. Pinson is a stud. Tilmon looks to have finally learned how to defend without fouling.

Definitely a promising start to the season. 2-0 and looks like this has a chance to be the best team of the Cuonzo era up to this point.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 08:20 PM 03-20-2021
Originally Posted by gblowfish:
And....one and done.
Same as it ever was.
Well with the coach before you were winning like 5 games a year so it's an improvement over that. You hired a coach who's doing what hes always done and accomplished about as much as Haith did.

I dont really understand all the Conzo hate
[Reply]
HonestChieffan 08:20 PM 03-20-2021

Looks like the Chiefs blocking in the Super Bowl https://t.co/ISlELwvUWq

— Caleb James (@CJScoobs) March 21, 2021

[Reply]
Pablo 08:34 PM 03-20-2021
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Well with the coach before you were winning like 5 games a year so it's an improvement over that. You hired a coach who's doing what hes always done and accomplished about as much as Haith did.

Don't hate. Hire.

Coming soon to a Nebraska basketball program near you!
[Reply]
dlphg9 08:42 PM 03-20-2021

Lol you really don't understand the CM hate? The guy has learned nothing from all of his experience. Was supposed to come here and recruit the shit outta the STL and has like 3 or 4 recruits from there. He's ran off multiple players he's recruited by not playing them over shitty upper class men. He can't run an offense for shit. If your standards are "Just be better than the worst power 5 bball coach ever", then idk what to even say about you.
[Reply]
Hamwallet 08:44 PM 03-20-2021
Steph Curry has single handedly ruined basketball for a generation. Everyone wants to shoot 3’s over and over.

That’s all, that sucked, play real basketball.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 10:06 PM 03-20-2021
The CM era has been 'ok' but it's time for it to come to an end.

More sizzle than substance but the program is in better shape than the Kim era.

Is Sterk still there? If so, fire him first.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 10:54 PM 03-20-2021
Originally Posted by Pablo:
Don't hate. Hire.

Coming soon to a Nebraska basketball program near you!
MU fans would have been over the moon hiring Hoiberg. This is what they are a tournament team that could win a few games. Unless they are going to hire someone like Sampson this us there ceiling. It's like flipping "nub fans" shit in football unless that program is going to hire someone like Meyer their ceiling is 9 or 10 wins.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 10:56 PM 03-20-2021
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
Lol you really don't understand the CM hate? The guy has learned nothing from all of his experience. Was supposed to come here and recruit the shit outta the STL and has like 3 or 4 recruits from there. He's ran off multiple players he's recruited by not playing them over shitty upper class men. He can't run an offense for shit. If your standards are "Just be better than the worst power 5 bball coach ever", then idk what to even say about you.
You were a 5 win team before CM took over you were always a tournament team that could win a few games sans Norm Stewart a few times. What more do you expect?
[Reply]
Jerm 12:36 AM 03-21-2021
Please UNLV save us....pretty please....
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 06:13 AM 03-21-2021
They may be a single digit win team next year. In year 5 of his program.

The issue isn’t the outcome by itself. It’s the context, how they got there, and how they lost.

Martin is a horrible in game coach who does stupid shit like pulling his best player with his 4th foul at 4:04 and NOT re-inserting him after the TV timeout (in fact, waiting until they’re down 7 with 2:30 to play to re-insert him) or continuing to play Mitchel Smith and Dru Buggs over better options or playing his leading scorer a grand total of 2 minutes in the second half of an elimination game.

And he’s a shitty recruiter. He has an OK class coming in with a bunch of 4-year, roster glue players in it. But that’s it. No day 1 impact guys.

They’re gonna be really bad next year. Kim Anderson bad.
[Reply]
sedated 10:22 AM 03-21-2021
Originally Posted by Hamwallet:
Steph Curry has single handedly ruined basketball for a generation. Everyone wants to shoot 3’s over and over.

This is like longing for the days of Martyball and 3 yards in a cloud of dust.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 10:35 AM 03-21-2021

And you saw him take a mid Major one shot away from the FF

The 3 has significantly narrowed the margin btw the haves and have nots. If you eliminated it, the blue bloods would just pound it inside without resistance. And teams can’t stop it with 6-7 beanpoles.

As a KU fan I’d love to eliminate it.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 12:39 PM 03-21-2021
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
And you saw him take a mid Major one shot away from the FF

The 3 has significantly narrowed the margin btw the haves and have nots. If you eliminated it, the blue bloods would just pound it inside without resistance. And teams can’t stop it with 6-7 beanpoles.

As a KU fan I’d love to eliminate it.
NCAA is about to throw the book at KU it's over for you clowns
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 03:24 PM 03-21-2021
NCAA is about to throw the book at KU it's over for you clowns
I’ll believe it when I see it. Self always skates.
[Reply]
Bearcat 10:37 PM 03-21-2021

I go back and forth on this... there are still some good offenses that shoot 30 threes/game. They move the ball around and what not.

Other offenses stand on the perimeter and shoot..... and it's the lazy 3 point offense that annoys me, especially with pull-up 3 pointers, depending on the situation. But.... that's always been an annoyance, and probably a bit more in the past ~5-10 years.

Maybe moving the line back would help. :-) I found this article that shows 14 straight seasons in the 18.00-18.99 three point attempts/game from 2001-20014/15, then it jumps to 20.48 and then 21+ for the past 5 seasons.
[Reply]
Page 18 of 37
« First < 81415161718 1920212228 > Last »
Up