ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 17 of 27
« First < 71314151617 18192021 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>All I Have is a Photograph....
gblowfish 08:05 PM 04-05-2020
With all the shelter at home stuff, thought I'd start a fun thread to help get our minds on better times. I am not a professional or high level amateur photographer, but I have taken some cool pictures over the years. If you've taken pictures that you're proud of, how bout posting a couple,and explaining what they are?

I'll Start:

St. Louis July 2003. I was staying downtown in that beer can shaped hotel by the arch. I got a call around midnight that my mom was taken to ICU in Arkansas, and was in bad shape. I got up at dawn as the sun was rising over the Mississippi river. I took this picture looking east. Went to the chapel in the center and said a prayer for my parents. Mom got out of ICU 66 days later.

Alley Springs, MO: From around 2002, near Eminence,MO.

Hotel Bothwell, Sedalia,MO. Shot at sundown in downtown Sedalia.

Desoto Sign, Carthage, MO. On a trip to Arkansas, took the scenic route 2018.

Missouri Hwy 13 Bridge, Lexington, MO: Looking north during the flood of 1993.
Attached: Arch Steeple.jpg (97.8 KB) Alleyspring.jpg (113.8 KB) bothwell.jpg (104.9 KB) DeSoto2.jpg (99.2 KB) lexbridge1993.jpg (108.8 KB) 
[Reply]
Dartgod 09:05 PM 06-21-2020
Just got home last night from a trip to Moab, UT and Ouray, CO. We took a 4WD trip through Corkscrew pass near the peak of Red Mountain in the San Juan mountain range, where I took this panoramic shot.
Attached: 20200618_100113.jpg (36.5 KB) 
[Reply]
Hydrae 07:34 AM 06-22-2020
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
My apologies. Here's a picture of Patrick Mahomes II to make up for it.

Thank you! That does much to ease the pain and keep the world in balance.
[Reply]
Otter 03:28 PM 06-22-2020
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
Just got home last night from a trip to Moab, UT and Ouray, CO. We took a 4WD trip through Corkscrew pass near the peak of Red Mountain in the San Juan mountain range, where I took this panoramic shot.
I love Moab!

Great pic! :-)
[Reply]
Dartgod 03:32 PM 06-22-2020
Originally Posted by Otter:
I love Moab!

Great pic! :-)
Thanks, me too. This was our 3rd trip there and definitely not the last. This time we did a night time hike up to delicate arch. The stars up there were amazing with no light pollution.
[Reply]
Buehler445 07:47 PM 06-22-2020
I took this yesterday.

Hefty storm went through. Killed my well motor so I went out to start it. Lightning also struck an oil tank battery. Out here they just have to let those burn. FD makes sure nothing else is at risk and then let it go. There just isn’t the equipment to put those out out here.

So there’s a lot of smoke right? Well the air was doing weird shit. It was dead ass calm where I was several miles away, but obviously it wasn’t calm the whole way.

The fire is in the bottom right of the picture.
[Reply]
Rain Man 07:51 PM 06-22-2020
That's a really cool photo.
[Reply]
stumppy 08:21 PM 06-22-2020
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
I took this yesterday.

Hefty storm went through. Killed my well motor so I went out to start it. Lightning also struck an oil tank battery. Out here they just have to let those burn. FD makes sure nothing else is at risk and then let it go. There just isn’t the equipment to put those out out here.

So there’s a lot of smoke right? Well the air was doing weird shit. It was dead ass calm where I was several miles away, but obviously it wasn’t calm the whole way.

uh.....about all I see in the bottom right is grass or wheat or whatever the hell you're growing.
[Reply]
Rain Man 08:28 PM 06-22-2020
On the topic of meteorology, we had this rainbow a few weeks ago. I thought the color difference over and under the rainbow, and between the two bands of the rainbow, were quite unusual.
Attached: Banded Rainbow June 2020.jpg (83.3 KB) 
[Reply]
Shiver Me Timbers 08:38 PM 06-22-2020
Rain man and buehler great pictures!
Brings back memories of watching the storms at Fort Hays State
We had a lightening strike once and the clouds were on the other side of town
[Reply]
Buehler445 09:07 PM 06-22-2020
Originally Posted by stumppy:
uh.....about all I see in the bottom right is grass or wheat or whatever the hell you're growing.
Corn, fool.
[Reply]
stumppy 09:12 PM 06-22-2020
Corn, fool.
:-)
HEY! Just because you don't know up/down from left/right is no reason get testy.
[Reply]
Buehler445 11:09 PM 06-22-2020
Originally Posted by stumppy:
HEY! Just because you don't know up/down from left/right is no reason get testy.
It’s the bottom/ right on the horizon man. You know, where the smoke is coming from. :-)
[Reply]
Cleavage 12:08 AM 06-23-2020
Y'all want to see a great pic? Look at my avatar, you simps!
[Reply]
DaFace 02:31 PM 06-23-2020
I took this yesterday.

Damn. That's a crazy look.
[Reply]
stumppy 02:39 PM 06-23-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Damn. That's a crazy look.
Especially that big fire in the bottom right corner of the picture. I'm surprised the photographer wasn't burned to death.

[Reply]
Page 17 of 27
« First < 71314151617 18192021 > Last »
Up